Bearded Theory 2023

jimmillen

10 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

Pretty much everyone is happy - but a very odd few seem intent of bringing nastiness into the group................ let's hope they stay away from the festival itself.

I took a look and you're right, most are happy. There's a bizarre post about not liking the new logo and a few with people complaining they've not heard of anyone. Call me old fashioned but if you've not heard of any of the undercard on that line-up either a) You have 6 months to investigate, stop complaining and get on with it or b) It's not the festival for you.

Bearded has long been a mixture of old, new and obscure acts, an opportunity for a little nostalgia mixed with discovering new music. The line-up release looks (to my eyes) to have delivered that again.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I took a look and you're right, most are happy. There's a bizarre post about not liking the new logo and a few with people complaining they've not heard of anyone. Call me old fashioned but if you've not heard of any of the undercard on that line-up either a) You have 6 months to investigate, stop complaining and get on with it or b) It's not the festival for you.

Bearded has long been a mixture of old, new and obscure acts, an opportunity for a little nostalgia mixed with discovering new music. The line-up release looks (to my eyes) to have delivered that again.

I love not knowing bands - gives me new stuff to investigate...... and with the stuff I know I think it is a great lineup with so much more still to come.

As for the logo..... if that is someone's biggest problem in life they ought to think themselves lucky!

8 hours ago, Flaminglippy said:

Fruitbat from Carter USM's 'Abdoujaparov' have just announced a load of 2023 tour dates and it lists Bearded Theory. Don't think they were on the official announcement

Nice one, really enjoyed them last time they played.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, elgatonegrofabricwardrobe said:

Anybody got any idea when the next announcement will be? Really hoping The Mary Wallopers get added as I can't do any of their tour dates and they play Neighbourhood Weekender in Warrington the same weekend.

Next week.

https://www.facebook.com/beardedtheoryfest/photos/a.246263475453289/5967157806697132/

3 hours ago, Boomtowner said:

Very happy with the Maui Waui line up - Bloodshake Chorus, Town of Cats, New York Brass and Crinkle Cuts is a good start. Now time for some research, already discovered RudeSix off the main poster.

It's nearly time for the fields again

Check out Morganway from that lineup. Excellent live slightly surprised they are on Maui Waui rather than Woodland. Not sure if I can make BT this year as I have some potential life clashes (weddings 'n' that) but I have to say the lineup looks better and better. If you are not familiar with Holy Moly and the Crackers check them out too.

• 2 weeks later...