Rock Werchter 2023

BenG92

5 minutes ago, tmolvik said:

Are there any maps of the festival area out? Seems by the description that they have moved the lockers outside the festival area? That doesn't make much sense if true. Having to go to security again everytime you want to pick up or change something. 

I don't know. I saw the extra tent on an instagram-account with pictures of the construction with a renewed Barn as well. I'm there next week for Springsteen, hope to get a glimpse of it. 

16 minutes ago, fillou said:

I don't know. I saw the extra tent on an instagram-account with pictures of the construction with a renewed Barn as well. I'm there next week for Springsteen, hope to get a glimpse of it. 

If you could take a couple of photos and share them here with us after the event, it'd be great! Enjoy Springsteen!

• Upvote 1

Hey guys, first time at the festival 🙂

I was wondering how can I be as close as possible to the stages. For example on Sunday, how can I be close for QOTSA and for Arctic Monkeys immediately after. 

Same goes for friday, how can I maximize my time at Editors but still make it close enough for RHCP? Thanks a lot! 

2 hours ago, tony_b said:

Hey guys, first time at the festival 🙂

I was wondering how can I be as close as possible to the stages. For example on Sunday, how can I be close for QOTSA and for Arctic Monkeys immediately after. 

Same goes for friday, how can I maximize my time at Editors but still make it close enough for RHCP? Thanks a lot! 

QOTSA & AM are playing at the same stage so if you're heading towards the front after Lil Nas X, you'll probably be able to be in the pit for both. As for Editors/RHCP, it will probably be hard to see hardly anything of Editors and still be able to get into the pit. If you however leave a minute or two before everyone else, you'll probably be able to find a decent spot on the left side of the main stage (where you'll be entering from The Barn). Or, to my experience, head straight over to the other side where the pressure is often a bit lower, as most people come from the other end.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, tmolvik said:

QOTSA & AM are playing at the same stage so if you're heading towards the front after Lil Nas X, you'll probably be able to be in the pit for both. As for Editors/RHCP, it will probably be hard to see hardly anything of Editors and still be able to get into the pit. If you however leave a minute or two before everyone else, you'll probably be able to find a decent spot on the left side of the main stage (where you'll be entering from The Barn). Or, to my experience, head straight over to the other side where the pressure is often a bit lower, as most people come from the other end.

Thank you for your comment! Follow up question, say I got a sweet spot for QOTSA. Can I just stay there and wait for Arctic Monkeys? Or are the asking everyone to leave after every show? 

You can stay in the pit after Queens! 

If you want to be at 5 meters of Joshua homme, i would recommand you to cross the first gates with the red crosses even before the concert of Lil nas X. When the concert is over a lot of people Will leave the pit, at that moment you have to pass the second gates how give you acces to the frontpit. Which is normale no problem. The gates to enter the frontpit Will open when a lot of people are still leave the pit and the first gates are still Closed. 

Watching Editors and being able to enter the pit for RHCP…not possible. You have to be queueing when Liam ends his set ☺️

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AlexR said:

Would people recommend booking the free train ticket from brussels in advance or will it be alright on the day? Same for the shuttle busses although I expect I wont have to with that. First time at the festival for me

Shuttle buses don't need anything. Just hop on and off you go. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, AlexR said:

Would people recommend booking the free train ticket from brussels in advance or will it be alright on the day? Same for the shuttle busses although I expect I wont have to with that. First time at the festival for me

No need for reservation for the Brussels train either. Just activate your ticket and jump on 🙂

• Thanks 1

I decided not to go this year so Im cancelling my Ibis Budget hotel reservation I have (Twin Room, Wed-Mon) right now. So if anyone want to improve their hotel location - its right above the Leuven Central Station where the shuttles drop you - enter their website quickly.

Edited by e2p2

9 minutes ago, Floyd_Ams said:

Nope, only the Barn and KlubC sets.

Of course, That's what Ohad asked about. I remember that some years ago the screen operated only when a tent was full but in recent years it was operated regardless.

Edited by e2p2
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, e2p2 said:

Of course, That's what Ohad asked about. I remember that some years ago the screen operated only when a tent was full but in recent years it was operated regardless.

Ah sorry, I misunderstood the previous answer :).

And you are right, in recent years it operates regardless which is nice for people that want to chill for a bit or enjoy the sun while still enjoying some music from the tents.

• Like 1

Hey everyone, couple of last minute-ish questions from a first time attendee if anybody would be so kind!

The website states that you can get a bus from Leuven to the site starting from 7am, is that also the time the site opens? We're staying in Leuven on the Wednesday night and camping in A1 so we were wondering if it'd be worth queuing to get the first bus and our choice of spot in A1. 

I looked at one of the maps posted on here previously, it looks like A1 is pretty close (the closest?) campsite to the arena, does anyone know roughly how long it takes minute-wise? 

My group all bought 40 tokens alongside our tickets. I've read that food generally varies between around 3-7 tokens, does anybody know how many a beer would typically be? Trying to weigh up the benefit of struggling to carry as much as possible from Leuven or just taking a comfortable amount and being happy to buy in the arena.

Thank you in advance!

7 minutes ago, mttJ said:

Hey everyone, couple of last minute-ish questions from a first time attendee if anybody would be so kind!

The website states that you can get a bus from Leuven to the site starting from 7am, is that also the time the site opens? We're staying in Leuven on the Wednesday night and camping in A1 so we were wondering if it'd be worth queuing to get the first bus and our choice of spot in A1. 

I looked at one of the maps posted on here previously, it looks like A1 is pretty close (the closest?) campsite to the arena, does anyone know roughly how long it takes minute-wise? 

My group all bought 40 tokens alongside our tickets. I've read that food generally varies between around 3-7 tokens, does anybody know how many a beer would typically be? Trying to weigh up the benefit of struggling to carry as much as possible from Leuven or just taking a comfortable amount and being happy to buy in the arena.

Thank you in advance!

I have no experience with A1 so I can't help you there. The festival site opens around 12 if I remember correctly.

1 beer = 1 token. And you can't take your own drinks to the festival site. They will check your backpack ;).

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, mttJ said:

A1 is the closest one to the festival site. 5 minute walk MAX. However - it opens thursday morning !

• Thanks 1

On 6/12/2023 at 5:04 PM, mttJ said:

Thank you in advance!

last year food was 1,5 (chips) up to 4 tokens for the more "fancy" stuff (kebab, fish & chips, etc.). I haven't seen food for more than 4 tokens at the regular food tents. Went to Dauwpop Festival in NL two weeks ago and the available food was pretty much the same and so were the prices, so I hope there will be no price increases at Werchter.