BST 2023

mike99

Went to Bruce last night and Billy Joel tonight.

Bruce was good, but I've already seen the tour a few times so overall just a few different songs.

Billy Joel was amazing.

I've been going to Hyde Park gigs for 14 years. I've been to 11 so far, and tomorrow night at Springsteen will be my last unless it's someone that just never tours the UK (e.g. Stevie Wonder).

The Gold Circle is massive, it basically makes the GA feel miles away and overall ruins the experience. Bring back 2009 and the one ticket type (yeah I know that'll never happen!) 

I'm not going to suggest Bruce Springsteen doesn't know what he's doing but opening with a b-side, an album track from Wrecking Ball, and a new song ain't it. Never seen anyone lose a crowd so fast.

I was in GA up near the Diamond Circle and the crowd was essentially just people chatting. Moved back and round towards the Gold Circle and the crowd was much the same. A *lot* of indifferent people.

That's my third time seeing Bruce and, while he doesn't know how to do a 'bad' show, that was comfortably the least-good time I've seen him.

Edited by LinvoyPrimus

38 minutes ago, LinvoyPrimus said:

I'm not going to suggest Bruce Springsteen doesn't know what he's doing but opening with a b-side, an album track from Wrecking Ball, and a new song ain't it. Never seen anyone lose a crowd so fast.

I was in GA up near the Diamond Circle and the crowd was essentially just people chatting. Moved back and round towards the Gold Circle and the crowd was much the same. A *lot* of indifferent people.

That's my third time seeing Bruce and, while he doesn't know how to do a 'bad' show, that was comfortably the least-good time I've seen him.

For me a first time experience seeing Bruce. I was in gold circle (at the back), can’t say I agree with your comment on the crowd. It was a big party everywhere. Not everywhere equally intense, but everyone was just having fun and having a good time. 
thought it was a very good show, a lot of energy and passion. Impressive how he can do a set for three hours, respect for that. For me, not the music that gives me a spark. Too much of a feel good show and “lai lai lai” singalongs. It was good to see him, but that’s enough for me.

gold circle area is way too big though. Normally you have the “exclusive”’feel, that was not the case here.

Feel a bit worried for Lana today, this massive setup is not fitting her style. saw her in Amsterdam where the whole venue was as big as gold circle in Hyde Park. 

41 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Got no problem with how he started the gig - a wee prelude ain't unheard of in his repertoire.

But where the f**k was Thunder Road?

Yeah I'm cool with some deep cuts but I just got the sense - in the areas I was stood - that it didn't resonate with most. 

No Thunder Road was a bit of a head-scratcher!

Having not seen The Boss ever before, was definitely glad to have Thunder Road and The River in my night’s set list; inevitable slight change up for night 2 folk I guess.  You got E Street Shuffle though, that’s a tune.

I wonder if Lana has made it on stage yet?!