Victorious Festival 2023 Discussion

Jack01825

1 hour ago, luckysalt said:

Imagine if he's just a early special guest now 

The announcements on castle field aren't always for headliners, are they?

Saying that, I assume jamiroquai will be headlining. Not for me, but I'm sure there'll be plenty of other stuff to keep me busy.

10 minutes ago, Simsy said:

The announcements on castle field aren't always for headliners, are they?

Saying that, I assume jamiroquai will be headlining. Not for me, but I'm sure there'll be plenty of other stuff to keep me busy.

not always as had good vibrations for brian wilson of beach boys fame

3 minutes ago, sisco said:

Tbf, perfect size for the festival. Whether it’s to your tastes is a different question 

Very true, he is the right size and a solid booking just not to my taste. Not so bothered by him being at Victorious now Friday is a full day as if he headlines either big stage, I will go see the other stage or go see some one on a smaller stage. I have missed some decent small stage headliners over the last few years as I have watched the Castle or Common stage.

As he is clearly active, I am just worried that he does not end up everywhere and turn up at other festivals like Truck and Y Knot that I also have tickets for. 

1 hour ago, Dales said:

Very true, he is the right size and a solid booking just not to my taste. Not so bothered by him being at Victorious now Friday is a full day as if he headlines either big stage, I will go see the other stage or go see some one on a smaller stage. I have missed some decent small stage headliners over the last few years as I have watched the Castle or Common stage.

As he is clearly active, I am just worried that he does not end up everywhere and turn up at other festivals like Truck and Y Knot that I also have tickets for. 

True.  Oddly I don’t think he’ll be the one doing the rounds.  Probably Lytham, Victorious and a WH Glasto spot.  Looks like we’ll have to wait for the others to announce next year now.  Hoping we get at least double figures from the Victorious announcement next week

So now a few places have started announcing and we know our first headliner I thought I’d have another guess.  I think are 3 headliners are:

Jamiraqoui, Kasabian, Noel Gallaghers HFB

I also think the following will be there:

Years and Years, Paul Heaton & Jackie Abbott, KT Tunstall, Confidence Man, The Coral, Bloc Party, Little Simz, Gabrielle and The Kaiser Chiefs 

Edited by sisco

19 minutes ago, sisco said:

So now a few places have started announcing and we know our first headliner I thought I’d have another guess.  I think are 3 headliners are:

Years and Years, Paul Heaton & Jackie Abbott, KT Tunstall, Confidence Man, The Coral, Bloc Party, Little Simz, Gabrielle and The Kaiser Chiefs 

Think you might have nailed the headliners. I think at some point I thought Ezra, Capaldi or Gerry C would take a spot but with Jamiraqoui playing I think those are less likely now.

Can see us getting a few indie headliners to go with him. Noel seems to be releasing dates every week and sure he hasmore to come and Kasabian playing just seems right.

1 hour ago, sisco said:

That undercard is looking good for me. Particularly Confidence Man, Bloc Party and Little Simz (plus the obligatory Southsea Alternative Choir set, they play so many times it's hard to miss them!)

11 minutes ago, Simsy said:

That undercard is looking good for me. Particularly Confidence Man, Bloc Party and Little Simz (plus the obligatory Southsea Alternative Choir set, they play so many times it's hard to miss them!)

Let’s hope I’m right 😂

9 hours ago, Bubblepopelectric said:

I think Chase n Status or Pendulum would go down very well, especially if they do a headline as it will be dark enough for the light show too.

both good but dont think it will happen,but you never know.if not to big for castle stage,but imagine they are having seen both

Pendulum are a good shout, they're at Download so theyre about playing live again. Although they could end up doing a DJ set. 

There's always Basement Jaxx as well, they last did a live set at Victorious when they headlined Castle back in 2015, they were brilliant as well btw.

Jamiroquai are quite dancey though tbh. 

Can see Years and Years subbing Jamiroquai tbh. 

Have to say @sisco I think your undercard is awful! I'd watch Heaton, but wouldn't drag me there and Bloc Party and Coral I like but not fussed about seeing them again so soon. But I know you're just listed acts announced so far at other festivals, and we all know Victorious like to pull things out the bag that are unexpected. No one saw Libs as special guests, Dandy Warhols, Wolfmother, Boomtown Rats, Brian Wilson or New Order. 

Hoping for some things on the line up that make you go, well that can't be missed. Or just a solid indie undercard, we need more 80s acts on the line up tbh, Bananarama earlier in the day something like that. 

I'd also love to see Slaves back and if Victorious manage to pull something like The Strokes or Yeah Yeah Yeahs out the bag would be amazing

1 hour ago, luckysalt said:

Pendulum are a good shout, they're at Download so theyre about playing live again. Although they could end up doing a DJ set. 

There's always Basement Jaxx as well, they last did a live set at Victorious when they headlined Castle back in 2015, they were brilliant as well btw.

Jamiroquai are quite dancey though tbh. 

Can see Years and Years subbing Jamiroquai tbh. 

Have to say @sisco I think your undercard is awful! I'd watch Heaton, but wouldn't drag me there and Bloc Party and Coral I like but not fussed about seeing them again so soon. But I know you're just listed acts announced so far at other festivals, and we all know Victorious like to pull things out the bag that are unexpected. No one saw Libs as special guests, Dandy Warhols, Wolfmother, Boomtown Rats, Brian Wilson or New Order. 

Hoping for some things on the line up that make you go, well that can't be missed. Or just a solid indie undercard, we need more 80s acts on the line up tbh, Bananarama earlier in the day something like that. 

I'd also love to see Slaves back and if Victorious manage to pull something like The Strokes or Yeah Yeah Yeahs out the bag would be amazing

Ha, trust me I could list lots of acts I’d love…. Let’s hope there’s some really good surprises.  (I really want to see The Coral though, never seen them before). 

17 minutes ago, sisco said:

Ha, trust me I could list lots of acts I’d love…. Let’s hope there’s some really good surprises.  (I really want to see The Coral though, never seen them before). 

Weren't you at Viccy last time they played? I think its probably been long enough for them to be booked again.

I've seen them a few times, they're nice afternoon background music in the sun getting the drinks down you. Fun Lovin Criminals much the same as well. I feel KulaShaker would have been perfect in that spot last year but they had them subbing on Castle and it didn't really work, but I think Kulashaker was a UK exclusive and their first live show in 6 years so I can understand why they got that slot. 

Really want Travis and Franz back next year man and Charlatans. Been long enough time for them all back.

28 minutes ago, luckysalt said:

Weren't you at Viccy last time they played? I think its probably been long enough for them to be booked again.

I've seen them a few times, they're nice afternoon background music in the sun getting the drinks down you. Fun Lovin Criminals much the same as well. I feel KulaShaker would have been perfect in that spot last year but they had them subbing on Castle and it didn't really work, but I think Kulashaker was a UK exclusive and their first live show in 6 years so I can understand why they got that slot. 

Really want Travis and Franz back next year man and Charlatans. Been long enough time for them all back.

Only started going the last 2 years so haven’t seen them there.  Cast was another good one like that.

Id like Razorlight, Hard Fi and The Enemy (they’re at iow so can’t)

2 hours ago, luckysalt said:

2 hours ago, sisco said:

Only started going the last 2 years so haven’t seen them there.  Cast was another good one like that.

Id like Razorlight, Hard Fi and The Enemy (they’re at iow so can’t)

Add Travis, Razorlight, Paul Heaton, Basement Jaxx, The Coral, Bloc Party and my interest is there. I am not bothered really to see any of the potential mentioned headliners again though. I do however think they might grab The Prodigy. I don't see Glastonbury getting them on an exclusive or anything. Reading won't have them, I don't see them at APE, Download don't have them and nor do IOW. They could do the likes of Tramlines, Y Not, Kendall but I'm a bit out of the loop how these lot are connected now.