Victorious Festival 2023 Discussion

Jack01825

Has anyone ever stayed at the student accommodation before? Looking to get an idea of cost, when it’s available to book, and actually where it is?! 
Managed to book the ibis last year but price has tripled this year and other places are crazy prices!  Have camped at farlington before but once you’ve spoiled yourself it’s hard to go back!

3 hours ago, Dales said:

Went to that gig and could see a hits set going down well at Victorious.

I would seriously take FF as a headliner, would be a good fit. Never seen them before and would love to! Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott nailed on for a Castle Headliner? Would love to see them too. Now IOW has been announced I guess it knocks The Enemy (gutted), Echo & The Bunnymen (even more gutted) and Blondie out. I will take Lightning Seeds though, always brilliant live - and it leaves it wide open for headliners next year. Someone mentioned Jamiroquai a few days ago... oh, if only!

Edited by Musemonster

46 minutes ago, Musemonster said:

I would seriously take FF as a headliner, would be a good fit. Never seen them before and would love to! Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott nailed on for a Castle Headliner? Would love to see them too. Now IOW has been announced I guess it knocks The Enemy (gutted), Echo & The Bunnymen (even more gutted) and Blondie out. I will take Lightning Seeds though, always brilliant live - and it leaves it wide open for headliners next year. Someone mentioned Jamiroquai a few days ago... oh, if only!

Franz played back in 2017 and they subbed the Common Stage, they were really really good and went down really well with the crowd. 

But Victorious seem to drop bands down the bill when they do repeat bookings. So I don't see them getting a sub slot again, at least on Common Stage, maybe 3rd or even 4th down. 

But I think they would be a great booking in the special guest early slot to be honest.

I'd love them back

• Like 1

19 hours ago, luckysalt said:

Franz played back in 2017 and they subbed the Common Stage, they were really really good and went down really well with the crowd. 

But Victorious seem to drop bands down the bill when they do repeat bookings. So I don't see them getting a sub slot again, at least on Common Stage, maybe 3rd or even 4th down. 

But I think they would be a great booking in the special guest early slot to be honest.

I'd love them back

vouch for this, they were even better than the time I saw them beforehand (bestival 2013) absolutely wouldnt mind them at vic fest next year

On 11/1/2022 at 3:50 PM, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Has anyone ever stayed at the student accommodation before? Looking to get an idea of cost, when it’s available to book, and actually where it is?! 
Managed to book the ibis last year but price has tripled this year and other places are crazy prices!  Have camped at farlington before but once you’ve spoiled yourself it’s hard to go back!

Yes, I've stayed at Rees Hall, the uni accommodation nearest the festival site, a couple of times. The rooms are very basic, but perfectly adequate. Small, ensuite bathroom with shower, toilet and sink. Travel kettle provided. Good cooked and continental breakfast every morning, help yourself.

Keep an eye out for the rooms going on sale. You can read info about the various options here, and there's an email address you could use to contact them and ask when you'll be able to book.

https://www.victoriousfestival.co.uk/uop-accommodation/

• Thanks 1

First post on here... first time at the Vic' festival last year for me and the wife.. absolute blast we had and probably one of the friendliest and best VFM festivals we've been to... headliners were great but the 2 that blew me away and hopefully will return next year were Bombay BC and the Reytons... absolute top notch.  Headliners next year??  Big Fender fan and loved his Sunday spot but can't see him doing as much next year (for obvious reasons)... am hoping for Ashcroft and Kasabian... and surely Wolf Alice must be due their own headline... best live act out there at the mo for me. Hopefully some news soon?? 

18 minutes ago, HarryHammer said:

First post on here... first time at the Vic' festival last year for me and the wife.. absolute blast we had and probably one of the friendliest and best VFM festivals we've been to... headliners were great but the 2 that blew me away and hopefully will return next year were Bombay BC and the Reytons... absolute top notch.  Headliners next year??  Big Fender fan and loved his Sunday spot but can't see him doing as much next year (for obvious reasons)... am hoping for Ashcroft and Kasabian... and surely Wolf Alice must be due their own headline... best live act out there at the mo for me. Hopefully some news soon?? 

You’ll start to get a bit of an idea of the lineup once Y Not, Truck, Tramlines announce this month (we’ll that’s the norm).  There should then be a victorious announcement in December 

• Thanks 1

Btw, Victorious shared Supergrass and The Streets from South Facing Festival in 2021 and Becky Hill and Bombay Bicycle Club in 2022.

They've just announced Noel Gallagher HFB and Craig David (played recently so won’t be him)

Very much puts Noel in the frame

2 hours ago, sisco said:

Btw, Victorious shared Supergrass and The Streets from South Facing Festival in 2021 and Becky Hill and Bombay Bicycle Club in 2022.

They've just announced Noel Gallagher HFB and Craig David (played recently so won’t be him)

Very much puts Noel in the frame

I think they shared Bloc Party as well?

4 hours ago, sisco said:

I’m probably wrong but not sure they’ve ever played it.  Saying that….Wouldn’t surprise me if Bloc Party are back

It was Bristol Sounds I was thinking of. Bloc Party played that and Victorious same year and Noel has played this years Bristol Sounds. 

Just got a bit mixed up there!

18 minutes ago, sisco said:

Yes please.  Rudimental as a sub or Castle Headliner wouldn’t surprise me

Last time they headlined Common Stage...

I was watching Bloc Party on Castle Stage, it was heaving.

I just saw Razorlight are releasing a greatest hits and about to announce a UK tour. I said this a few pages back but I bet they play Victorious next year, probably announced in March/April if they have a tour to sell first.

Just for giggles, here’s my shot at predicting some of next years line up 😂 off work, kids ar school, what else to do?!

A good few of these are touring and of the victorious size and 90s/indie leaning, but granted, i am being extremely optimistic here! 

Friday

Noel Gallagher (touring with Marr)

Jonny Marr

Wolf Alice

The blinders 

From The Jam (can’t imagine weller or OCS being back, so they tick a box!)

Lightning Seeds

Goa Express 

Dream Machine

Saturday

Richard Ashcroft or Ian Brown (were due to play)

Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott (back on tour)

PJ Harvey (back on tour)

Shed 7

Inspiral Carpets or/and Tom Hingley 

The Mysterines

Chris Helme (the seahorses)

Dodgy

Sunday

Garbage or Placebo ( neither played, both touring)

Kasabian or The Courteeners

The levellers

Razorlight 

Space

Ash

The Rifles (victorious seemed to ❤️ them last time they played)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Just for giggles, here’s my shot at predicting some of next years line up 😂 off work, kids ar school, what else to do?!

A good few of these are touring and of the victorious size and 90s/indie leaning, but granted, i am being extremely optimistic here! 

Friday

Jonny Marr

Wolf Alice

The blinders 

Lightning Seeds

Goa Express 

Dream Machine

Saturday

PJ Harvey (back on tour)

Shed 7

The Mysterines

Dodgy

Sunday

The levellers

Razorlight 

Space

Ash

Your Sunday headliners/subs are the wrong way round 😉 

11 minutes ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Friday

Jonny Marr

Wolf Alice

The blinders 

Lightning Seeds

Goa Express 

Dream Machine

Saturday

PJ Harvey (back on tour)

Shed 7

The Mysterines

Dodgy

Sunday

The levellers

Razorlight 

Space

Ash

Oooh, love a bit of this! Especially PJ Harvey, Placebo and Garbage. *Chefs kiss*

On 11/8/2022 at 1:27 PM, gfa said:

I reckon after the announcement of those prodigy irish dates its fair to say the next wave of mid sized fests to announce will all have the prodigy

and you know what? after missing out on their final ever performance (I think?) with Keith at victorious 2018 due to the awful rain, i'd take that

14 hours ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Friday

Jonny Marr

Wolf Alice

The blinders 

Lightning Seeds

Goa Express 

Dream Machine

Saturday

PJ Harvey (back on tour)

Shed 7

The Mysterines

Dodgy

Sunday

The levellers

Razorlight 

Space

Ash

Placebo is a dream come true, was hoping for them last year,

Can't see PJ performing she's abit more of a Niche act I feel for this type of festival despite my love for her, but overall this seems like a relatively realistic wishlist especially the choice of headliners