LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

I think that's real. If someone was trying to pass off a fake they'd be trying to make it look like previous formats, they wouldn't do stage splits. Emily did allude to us getting a bit more than usual on the podcast. 

Edit: Pulp not on it interestingly, having been on every fake poster I've seen so far.

Edited by Joey Peeps

55 minutes ago, incident said:

What mostly makes me doubt it is the stage breakdown - can't rule it out but not expecting that to happen.

Why would they do that again after so many years, when there have been a couple of high profile issues with line up placement in the last few years? 

Just seems it would make a rod for their own back needlessly, hence I'm intrigued that it's considered so plausible. 

Mind you I'm an old duffer who knows nowt. 

Edited by clarkete

2 minutes ago, The60ftOctopus said:

And has anyone ever headlined pyramid and then dropped down the ranks like Kasabian if that’s true?

Loads, though mostly with pre-fence headliners so far. Ignoring secret or special guest type slots - Manics, Levellers, Primal Scream amongst others.

2 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Why would they do that again after so many years, when there have been a couple of high profile issues with line up placement in the last few years? 

Just seems it would make a rod for their own back needlessly, hence I'm intrigued that it's considered so plausible. 

Mind you I'm an old duffer who knows nowt. 

Yeah, that's my thinking.

They've made a point of (beyond the top line) going alphabetical. On this poster, it's not even alphabetical within stages so is very much a "placement".

But again, far from certain either way on this.

2 hours ago, dogeggs said:

Surely releasing the stage-by-stage version straight away would take too much of the wind from all the individual stage poster releases?

I’d lean towards a fake.

Exactly! No way this is real. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, theDandy said:

I haven’t posted here in years and apologies if this is incorrect, but I’ve had news from someone who works within the media that they’ve been informed that the lineup will be out this coming Thursday morning (they’ve said about 8am). Fingers crossed. 

To elaborate on this - they work for a Breakfast Show on national TV, was shown the poster last night, wouldn’t tell us who was on it but was told all will be announced at 8am this morning 

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Noone doubts, dude.

Just it's been confirmed as 8am today from a variety of sources.

Ah apologies I hadn’t looked back yet! Only a couple of hours to go 🧘🏼‍♂️

9 hours ago, plaskins said:

Doubt they've finalised enough for a full lineup announcement. Will just be poster I'm sure

Lineups are normally complete ( apart from a few positions) by this time.

I’m sure it’s fake. That green is bit sh*t and just can’t see Stanley Donwood making something that looks so amateur. 

line up wise it’s probably about right. Mostly serious rumours/ confirmations.

id prepare for something very similar. You only 2/3 surprises at best.

I don't like being controlled like this. I'm not a puppet, and I'm going to make a deal with myself not to look for the lineup until about ten past eight, thus giving myself some sort of illusion of self control.