LAWKS! It's the next announcement thread

jparx

24 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

It was supposed to be gone after 2018 but the planning permission killed off Pangea.

I can't remember if there's been an official announcement, but we know they bought the Sea King, I was told back on July what that was to become and I've seen a few people have heard the same thing. So I think the only way the Spider will be back is if the new thing isn't ready.

The Market map for 2024 is out there and there is no shape in the Arcadia field. I think if it was still the spider, it would still be on that map.

are you able to share a link to the market map?

Just now, deadponyclub said:

are you able to share a link to the market map?

I don't know ow the link sorry, it was shared elsewhere but from what I understand, someone just guessed at the url 😬

20 minutes ago, toohottoocold said:

Absolutely buzzing for anew Arcadia. The crane was brilliant and I was so excited to see where it went. My only thoughts on the sea king is is it big enough? Unless they are going to adapt the spider somehow. Intriguing either way.

The sea king would be a similar size to the spider's dj booth really. it would no doubt be on top of 'legs'

34 minutes ago, toohottoocold said:

Absolutely buzzing for anew Arcadia. The crane was brilliant and I was so excited to see where it went. My only thoughts on the sea king is is it big enough? Unless they are going to adapt the spider somehow. Intriguing either way.

It’s a giant spider atop Pangea, eating a SeaKing.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

It was supposed to be gone after 2018 but the planning permission killed off Pangea.

I can't remember if there's been an official announcement, but we know they bought the Sea King, I was told back on July what that was to become and I've seen a few people have heard the same thing. So I think the only way the Spider will be back is if the new thing isn't ready.

The Market map for 2024 is out there and there is no shape in the Arcadia field. I think if it was still the spider, it would still be on that map.

A scorpion was mentioned in my watts app group ... was it that ? 

Would love a change from the spider, the crane as quality in 2019. I’m more hoping they do something about the sound and how it travels around the area. Been so disappointed with the acoustics there over the years. 

went to see Calvin Harris in 2022 and couldn’t even make out what was supposed to be playing. 

you’re either in centre or you’re not having a great time… sound wise

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CharlotteB said:

I've never really utilised the area but I like the idea of more of an open space to stomp around in.

there's plenty of open spaces to stomp around in? e.g. the hill / stone circle or the back of the pyramid / other for most of the day

let's not sack off the biggest dance stage on site to provide another one!

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

After the flurry it all went quiet …. f**kers  😂

I think the pattern is feast or famine.

If only they held back a couple of last week's announcements and spread it out a little, give us more time to digest them.

15 hours ago, gfa said:

there's plenty of open spaces to stomp around in? e.g. the hill / stone circle or the back of the pyramid / other for most of the day

🤔 Not quite the same...

19 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Hoping to see a carhenge announcement this week. Fingers crossed for a Williams Green style line up.

If they upgraded the stage and did that it'd make my year! William's Green was brilliant for female acts.

I'm virtually certain there won't be anything like the old William's Green line-up, I'm sure there would have been some info out there by now if it was going to happen. 

What about Glasto Latino? Surely due an announcement soon. Anyone tried the dance classes? Never been back since I made a total arse  of myself in muddy 2016, wellies on, being taught  the samba by a very patient young dancer, not realising a crowd had gathered, pissing themselves at my efforts. 

6 hours ago, germanmon said:

Monday. Map day. Maybe.

(Based on entirely nothing, except I have no meetings this afternoon and would very much like to use that time to pore over it...)

Pretty much everything here is based on nothing 😅

Strummerville Thursday, apparently.

After the quiet last week, I think we'll get a fair few this week.

Thinking we'll get about 4-5 out of:

Map / Glasto Latino / Strummerville / Poetry & Words / Rocket Lounge + Deluxe Diner / Arcadia / Block9 / Pilton Palais