The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

14 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

Stop using the GFS it’s a c**t. Use UKMO

I use them all... Build a picture in my head from all of them looking for agreement and patterns... I like the ECMWF the most though, it seems to be less prone to throwing random hissy fits every few runs. 

Edited by Alvoram

1 hour ago, Alvoram said:

Not sure what made you think those days were dry in this run but they're not...

This is not a better run, it's the worst yet, that amount of rain, falling for that long, on the day before gates open is genuinely concerning. 😕 

The lightest blue on GFS isn’t really rain. It’s low cloud. It would be the same as feeling a few spots of rain and then it stopping. That’s a dry day.

It was a better run in terms of rainfall. The overall picture (position of low etc) was probably less good - which is what I said in the summary.

But as others have mentioned ECM and UKMO are in range now and better systems so not overly concerning. 

Edited by Glasto Weatherwatch

1 minute ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

The lightest blue on GFS isn’t really rain. It’s low cloud. It would be the same as feeling a few spots of rain and then it stopping. That’s a dry day.

It was a better run in terms of rainfall. The overall picture (position of low etc) was probably less good - which is what I said in the summary.

But as others have mentioned ECM and UKMO are in range now and better systems do not overly concerning. 

But Alvoram’s an expert. 

7 hours ago, T-Mouse said:

I mean this rollercoaster stuff really is all a bit silly. The forecasts broadly have been saying the same thing all week. Monday-Friday risk of showers but decent temps with chance it all missed us. Weekend could see possible return to stability but too far to have any real certainty. 

Be sensible. Bring walking boots and maybe have wellies in the car. Also being your suncream and trainers. Anything could happen. But always remember the forcefield. It's real 

Wellies are never sensible.