The Weather Thread 2023

tazbang

9 minutes ago, briddj said:

The GFS did predict the 40 degrees two weeks out last summer though!

Well...yeah. But we had no idea if it was right. It's like when someone predicts the headliners. Enough guesses and someone will be right.

Yes, I know it's not so simple and that with the right conditions, if there's no breakdown coming then you can predict that low/high pressure is going to continue better than you can predict when it's going to rain if there's a changeover from high/low coming, but bloody hell, the festival is in the UK nestling between weather systems, it's almost always a KNIFE. EDGE. 😂

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

Beeb now saying the nasty stuff (low pressure) is hitting from the Saturday before the festival and continues throughout.

Its all gone to sh*t.

Nobody should ever ever use the BBC weather. Its a pile of shite they just make up. 

Stick with Met office or Accuweather for normal forecasts 😄 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sasperella2 said:

Show meeeeee

I'll leave the full explanations and pictures to the resident weather team, but basically it's dry all the way through up to Saturday midday (as far as the gfs goes up to currently). Tiny bit of very light rain thursday early evening is all.

Just now, Euphoricape said:

I'll leave the full explanations and pictures to the resident weather team, but basically it's dry all the way through up to Saturday midday (as far as the gfs goes up to currently). Tiny bit of very light rain thursday early evening is all.

Yay! 

I would ask where to go to look myself but inevitably i wont understand what i'm looking at anyway! Best to wait for efest analysis

This is the worst of the weather on the thursday

image.thumb.png.92f58f52a567ce1101b3390961a3f4cd.png

Saturday looks great so far

image.thumb.png.124aad61070000291b77a5aa8c70ec61.png

Temps are looking to be around 22c most days, so pretty much ideal.

Not a fan of the blob of low pressure hanging around and potentially soaking us on sunday but it's still early days.

Hopefully the improvement will be sustained!