Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

2 minutes ago, Fnmentaluk said:

Just a quick question,  how good or bad were pet shop boys on Wednesday,  never seen them , like the singles from back in the day , but maybe give them a miss in Madrid to see built to spill . 

Very good. All the big hits from old days, very professional show. Not a big fan but they exceeded my expectations 

2 minutes ago, Fnmentaluk said:

Just a quick question,  how good or bad were pet shop boys on Wednesday,  never seen them , like the singles from back in the day , but maybe give them a miss in Madrid to see built to spill . 

Loved them on Wednesday, they're going to be in top 10 sets once I close this year's statistics, tomorrow.

Just got home.

Fred Again was an all time highlight for me. GOAT stuff.

Blur were great.

That Halsey one was a farcical pick to be on main stage that late. Watched her whole set waiting for Blur. Terrible stuff.

At one point she even told all the straight people to leave. Gays only for this next song or something. Odious behaviour.

Super festival as usual. The location in Parc del forum and city itself make it.

Edited by Drums Please Fab

1 hour ago, pipan said:

Loved them on Wednesday, they're going to be in top 10 sets once I close this year's statistics, tomorrow.

Just left Pet Shop Boys gig, and I’m not a massive fan. I like the hits, as it reminds me of my youth. But they were exceptional, smashed through the hits and the crowd loved them. 

47 minutes ago, Yakkety Yak said:

Japanese Breakfast tonight right up there for me, quality gig. The Chills before were great as well.

f**k yes! Japanese Breakfast the perfekt ending for this festival.

Really loved this year, but there was some negatives. The gap under Calvin Harris killed the last day. Got no motivation to keep it going late that day. Had to call it the day after Death Grips. Also way too much sound error. 

But this is just some small things. Everthing else was just Primavera at prime time!

18 minutes ago, Ohjesus said:

odious means simply unpleasant. odorous meanwhile means smelly. but both work as halsey stank 

haha fair play. Having to listened to her music, not a huge fan, but am confused about the strength of reaction? Just as the only justification given so far was "I am unhappy she was supportive of the LGBTQI+ community"?

• Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, xxialac said:

That’s not what the OP said and you know it. Nice straw man argument, bravo…

By the way, what was wrong with Halsey set? I saw some of her performances and based on general feedback she is a pretty decent live performer. The last album was also good IMHO.

21 minutes ago, xxialac said:

That’s not what the OP said and you know it. Nice straw man argument, bravo…

Is there a reading of what they said that could be interpreted in another way? Obviously I wasn't there so that's why I'm asking, brother seemed very mad about what sounded like light hearted comments to her gay fans, or was she actually advocated for a Queer Fascist state?

edit to say - I also wasn't making an argument, I was paraphrasing to try and understand why everyone was so mad about it

Edited by robith

21 minutes ago, robith said:

Is there a reading of what they said that could be interpreted in another way? Obviously I wasn't there so that's why I'm asking, brother seemed very mad about what sounded like light hearted comments to her gay fans, or was she actually advocated for a Queer Fascist state?

edit to say - I also wasn't making an argument, I was paraphrasing to try and understand why everyone was so mad about it

Presume you're referring to me there chief.

She went on a little monologue before a song and talked about June being pride month.

Then she said (and im paraphrasing) "all the straight people can f**king leave".

It was aggressive and divisive and would not be be tolerated if (insert other sexual orientation in straights place) was used.

Her set was garbage. Her go to move was to be hunched legs akimbo in a half squat gyrating her crotch behind a wall of fire while she just whinged about everything. 

A nothing artist, ill-befitting of that time slot on that stage, as I predicted pre festival. Never heard of her and now I know why. 

Dua Lipa from last year puts her in the ha'penny place.

Edited by Drums Please Fab
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Drums Please Fab said:

Have you never heard someones behaviour or character being referred to as odious?

Its a correct usage of the word.

yep, hands up, i got that wrong, was just confused by, as I wasn't there, why everyone was saying it, and why the only reason given was around what she said about gay fans? Didn't realise my quotation has to be literal but was being absurd to try and get to an understanding of why she was so heinous, several people all called her odious

2 minutes ago, Drums Please Fab said:

Presume you're referring to me there chief.

She went on a little monologue before a song and talked about June being pride month.

Then she said (and im paraphrasing) "all the straight people can f**king leave".

It was aggressive and divisive and would not be be tolerated if (insert other sexual orientation in straights place) was used.

But that's because if you were using against minority groups it would be part of a centuries long hierachy of oppression? And whilst not language I might use, it was more for creating a space for those groups? And thus the two are not historically, or prejudicially equivalent? "all the straight people can leave" is imo in no way on the same level as the harassment and prejudice that LGBTQI+ people receive every day? imo of course

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

53 minutes ago, robith said:

haha fair play. Having to listened to her music, not a huge fan, but am confused about the strength of reaction? Just as the only justification given so far was "I am unhappy she was supportive of the LGBTQI+ community"?

I said nothing of the sort and your deliberate mis-interpretation of my post is bang out of order.

4 minutes ago, robith said:

But that's because if you were using against minority groups it would be part of a centuries long hierachy of oppression? And whilst not language I might use, it was more for creating a space for those groups? And thus the two are not historically, or prejudicially equivalent? "all the straight people can leave" is imo in no way on the same level as the harassment and prejudice that LGBTQI+ people receive every day? imo of course

What an odd take. Doesn't really matter when you say it. If i were a performer and said all the lgbts can leave that'd be equally terrible.

Equality means equality. Can't excuse behavior like that no matter the sexual background.

Edited by Rico_Pliskin

1 minute ago, robith said:

Excluding a group over their sexual orientation is wrong. She was pedalling divisive rhetoric.

It doesn't need any further thesis. Her words were problematic. 

Equality is supposed to go both ways and Im not willing to be a punchbag for the historical sins of my forbears.

Just now, Rico_Pliskin said:

What a odd take. Doesn't really matter when you say it. If i were a performer and said all the lgbts can leave that'd be equally terrible.

Equality means equality. Can't excuse behavior like that no matter the sexual background.

But equality presumes an equal playing field to begin with, which does not exist.