Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

On 5/18/2023 at 12:16 PM, UsernameHere said:

I'd have to disagree. I saw Kendrick on this tour late last year and the new album works so well live. I saw him on the TPAB tour and this was easily better. The album is so theatrical, he puts on a real show. 

Edit: removed sentence because I can't figure out spolier tags apparently. Apologies anyone who didn't want to see setlist info.

Can you DM me the setlist info? I'm curious now...

4 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

You only have to look at poor sales at London festivals to realise it's a hard market to crack.

Where does this poor sale information comes from? People like to start rumours about sales and festivals being in deficit but there is rarely any evidence. Any day of the Primavera Barcelona lineup from this year would surely sell very well in London. Now of course, these bands might make more money by doing their own shows, so it is not clear at all they would all accept to do a fest in London.

11 hours ago, emmanuel said:

Where does this poor sale information comes from? People like to start rumours about sales and festivals being in deficit but there is rarely any evidence. Any day of the Primavera Barcelona lineup from this year would surely sell very well in London. Now of course, these bands might make more money by doing their own shows, so it is not clear at all they would all accept to do a fest in London.

There's loads of evidence. It doesn't take a genius to see that APE isn't the success Goldenvoice want it to be given they give tickets away in previous years and barely ever sell out any days. I haven't seen a single London festival sell out this year apart from Bruce Springsteen and Lana at Hyde Park.

13 hours ago, emmanuel said:

Where does this poor sale information comes from? People like to start rumours about sales and festivals being in deficit but there is rarely any evidence.

They aren't "rumours". The evidence is for the past few years (and for multiple years pre-pandemic) festivals needing to heavily discount tickets, do deals, or simply give away freebies to get people through the door here. It's already happening this year too. Only the really big name stuff sells out and punters here have got so used to stuff not selling out that it's a very sluggish market.

I live here and it's just massively saturated: if Primavera could mirror some of the linup like Porto it might work, but so much of their ticket sales comes from foreigners that it'd eat into their ticket sales for Barcelona/Madrid/Porto so seems counterintuitive anyway.

As the poster above said they're much better sticking to smaller one off gigs if they want a presence here.

Edited by jannybruck
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jannybruck said:

They aren't "rumours". The evidence is for the past few years (and for multiple years pre-pandemic) festivals needing to heavily discount tickets, do deals, or simply give away freebies to get people through the door here. It's already happening this year too. Only the really big name stuff sells out and punters here have got so used to stuff not selling out that it's a very sluggish market.

I live here and it's just massively saturated: if Primavera could mirror some of the linup like Porto it might work, but so much of their ticket sales comes from foreigners that it'd eat into their ticket sales for Barcelona/Madrid/Porto so seems counterintuitive anyway.

As the poster above said they're much better sticking to smaller one off gigs if they want a presence here.

This is it. Replicating the line-up, or a near line-up, would hurt the Barcelona/Madrid ticket sales.

For me personally I’d probably still go to Barcelona. I like the holiday aspect of it, and I’m not local to London anyway. But a lot of people would just chose to go see the same acts in London than pay out for flights etc.

Now if they did a vastly different line-up in London I’d be interested. But that also means a lot more work for them; and less booking power than if they replicated the line-up.

1 hour ago, Whos3000_ said:

is that screen+barstands line in the middle of the ground as last year? 
Does it mean another year of bottlenecks to move in and out? 

Please please please say the bars are handled better this year.

More staff. And adequately trained staff.

It was painful Thursday last year.

1 hour ago, Jamm said:

Please please please say the bars are handled better this year.

More staff. And adequately trained staff.

It was painful Thursday last year.

But Friday, Saturday & ALL of Weekend 2 were fine.  I have faith this year will be ok.  Please!

38 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

clashes aside, anyone understand why Le Tigre are on such small stage? cupre/primavera stages seems much more suiting

Not sure how it works , but maybe they wanted to play at that kind of time so had to take a smaller stage and have been away for such a long time 

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

Very slow to realise this but Laurie Anderson was married to Lou Reed, another link to I'll Be Your Mirror. 

Portishead curated an ATP event they named I'll Be Your Mirror a decade or so back. Clue for next year?

'i'll be your mirror' was the b-side of 'all tomorrow's parties' (by the velvets) - think they called all the events at alexandra palace that in a nod to the 'parent' holiday camp fests...

also: saw blur tonight - really good - lots of old cuts an they seemed to be having a right laugh

• Upvote 3