Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

1 hour ago, ConfidenceMan said:

If there's one thing you can absolutely guarantee about PS it's that if there's a day where you only like two acts, they will clash. Has happened a dozen times to me. 

There's no point in stressing though. You can't predict it, you can't do anything about it and, in my experience, when the timetable comes out, there's usually a brief moment of "oh no X and Y are clashing" followed by a moment of clarity where you know what direction you're headed anyway. 

I've regretted some of the choices I've made over the years, but I've had some absolutely cracking shows too, often on my own when I left a group to watch Hamilton Leithauser, or Mitski, or Idles solo, for example. 

A wider question for those who decided not to attend this time - how are ye feeling now about that decision? I did some digging into the line up and while I've got a creeping sense of FOMO about missing my annual pilgrimage to BCN, I think it was the right call from a personal perspective. 

Hopefully next year has more that appeals to me and I'll be back. 

To be honest I think this might beat out last year for me. 2019 is still my favourite lineup ever but each day there's so many acts I want to see this time around. 

After digging through the undercard I'm pretty blown away by the caliber of the artists playing. So many different styles that satisfy different parts of my music taste.

Also managed to get a VIP ticket this year so that could have a lot do with my excitement aha

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ConfidenceMan said:

If there's one thing you can absolutely guarantee about PS it's that if there's a day where you only like two acts, they will clash. Has happened a dozen times to me. 

There's no point in stressing though. You can't predict it, you can't do anything about it and, in my experience, when the timetable comes out, there's usually a brief moment of "oh no X and Y are clashing" followed by a moment of clarity where you know what direction you're headed anyway. 

I've regretted some of the choices I've made over the years, but I've had some absolutely cracking shows too, often on my own when I left a group to watch Hamilton Leithauser, or Mitski, or Idles solo, for example. 

A wider question for those who decided not to attend this time - how are ye feeling now about that decision? I did some digging into the line up and while I've got a creeping sense of FOMO about missing my annual pilgrimage to BCN, I think it was the right call from a personal perspective. 

Im still in limbo. There is one band I really want to see each day and not much else. I can't get any takers for my second ticket from my friendship group. It just isn't moving the needle like last year.

So as it stands I'm going alone or not at all...

And it looks like even selling the tickets will be a struggle.

4 hours ago, Gnarler said:

To be honest I think this might beat out last year for me. 2019 is still my favourite lineup ever but each day there's so many acts I want to see this time around. 

After digging through the undercard I'm pretty blown away by the caliber of the artists playing. So many different styles that satisfy different parts of my music taste.

Also managed to get a VIP ticket this year so that could have a lot do with my excitement aha

The undercard this year is amazing. And also considering that this year all the festivals in Europe “decided” to have terrible lineups, both small and big festivals, so having this lineup from Primavera is amazing. People might argue that previous years were much better for Primavera and that this the worst lineup in years but still it’s the best one compared with other festivals. I do agree that the big names are terrible and very predictable, besides Kendrick and a few others they are all boring and predictable, but still the undercard is amazing, I’m just going to stay away from the big stages and that actually makes me more excited. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ConfidenceMan said:

We're not going after loving it last year. Could still potentially happen but most likely not. If I don't go I'll have fomo about the Wed/Thu but not much else. Just not arsed about any of the other headliners and the undercard isn't spectacular imo

11 hours ago, xxialac said:

Yet another absolute banger today from Goldfrapp. Thursday is crazy stacked...

I am high key stressed about the Thursday. Full to the brim with acts I've never seen before and high up on my list.

So eager to get that timetable in a couple weeks.

We haven't got the Boiler room lineup yet either have we?

12 minutes ago, Gnarler said:

I am high key stressed about the Thursday. Full to the brim with acts I've never seen before and high up on my list.

So eager to get that timetable in a couple weeks.

I'm in the same boat for Friday. So many I really want to see: Alvvays, Channel Tres, Four Tet, Fred Again.., Daphni, Japanese Breakfast, Karate, Kendrick Lamar, Skrillex, The Beths, Unwound, Yves Tumor.

And still we have acts like Julia Holter, Julia Jacklin, Nation of Language, Sparks, Swans etc. The list just go on forever. If we get a Skrillex, Four Tet and Fred again b2b2b set that day, it's just mental.

4 minutes ago, Martin_89 said:

I'm in the same boat for Friday. So many I really want to see: Alvvays, Channel Tres, Four Tet, Fred Again.., Daphni, Japanese Breakfast, Karate, Kendrick Lamar, Skrillex, The Beths, Unwound, Yves Tumor.

And still we have acts like Julia Holter, Julia Jacklin, Nation of Language, Sparks, Swans etc. The list just go on forever. If we get a Skrillex, Four Tet and Fred again b2b2b set that day, it's just mental.

A massive yes to literally every act on that list aha. Also got Depeche Mode, Christine & the Queens, Honour and Soul Glo. 

Yeah a part of me wants them to all play together just so I can at least knock them all out in one set. But more likely they do individual sets and maaayybeee just maybe we get that extra set at the end of the night. It's what the fans deserve.

• Like 1

Kendrick/DM vs unwound looks menacing in the same way than Tyler vs beach house last year. And of course it happened, but, for some reason, they changed the timetables again last year so that it was possible to see the majority of both sets. So my suggestion would be to keep looking at them, obsessively 😄

1 hour ago, Whos3000_ said:

Kendrick/DM vs unwound looks menacing in the same way than Tyler vs beach house last year. And of course it happened, but, for some reason, they changed the timetables again last year so that it was possible to see the majority of both sets. So my suggestion would be to keep looking at them, obsessively 😄

Perhaps I am wrong, but Unwound do not have the popularity of Beach House nowadays. It still can happen, but I don't see them being used as way to manage crowds at the Forum. Anyways, I will be at Unwound.

4 hours ago, InvalidUsername said:

Has anybody had any luck trying to sell their ticket (presumably at a very reduced rate)? I have a full weekend ticket for Barcelona and looking to sell. Thanks

I sold my ticket via Twickets a few days ago. The ticket was sold immediately, but indeed at a greatly reduced price.

image.png.4a140f93ad0c3ded07c267cef467b20d.png

Confirmed that there's no VIP area at the front of the crowd once again. 

I like that money dictates much less whether you'll be able to get a good spot but also if as a festival you are charging people almost double the price for VIP, you should be getting value from that. 

Curious how they'll build on it from last year. That viewing platform a million miles from the main stages looked totally emotionless and corporate and with the overcrowding plenty of people couldn't even get to the viewing area in front of the sound tower.

First stage announcement is here: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr0nhnVIB11/

Info:
STONE ISLAND STAGE AT PRIMAVERA SOUND
CO—CURATED WITH C2C FESTIVAL

THU 1ST JUN — THE WAREHOUSE
ABADIR & HOGIR
BLACKHAINE
HEINALI
JANA RUSH
SALAMANDA
SLAUSON MALONE 1

FRI 2ND JUN — THE WAREHOUSE
[PAN SHOWCASE]
BILL KOULIGAS
HONOUR
LALA &CE + LOW JACK
TONGUE IN THE MIND
TZUSING
UPSAMMY

SAT 3RD JUN — THE WAREHOUSE
[HIVERN DISCS SHOWCASE]
CCL
MALA
OM UNIT
ORIANA B2B MELINA SERSER
THE DRIFT INSTITUTE
UBALDO

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Martin_89 said:

First stage announcement is here: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr0nhnVIB11/

Info:
STONE ISLAND STAGE AT PRIMAVERA SOUND
CO—CURATED WITH C2C FESTIVAL

THU 1ST JUN — THE WAREHOUSE
ABADIR & HOGIR
BLACKHAINE
HEINALI
JANA RUSH
SALAMANDA
SLAUSON MALONE 1

FRI 2ND JUN — THE WAREHOUSE
[PAN SHOWCASE]
BILL KOULIGAS
HONOUR
LALA &CE + LOW JACK
TONGUE IN THE MIND
TZUSING
UPSAMMY

SAT 3RD JUN — THE WAREHOUSE
[HIVERN DISCS SHOWCASE]
CCL
MALA
OM UNIT
ORIANA B2B MELINA SERSER
THE DRIFT INSTITUTE
UBALDO

Very good, unfortunately pretty much at the same time as everything else good 😞

19 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

Are all of these artist already announced? I can’t recall seeing abadir between the names. Nice add if unannounced 

Except fot ABADIR & HOGIR all the other names were already on the poster.

image.thumb.png.9dd2f05327755856909e06da1b5959db.png

Pup seem to have been told they're playing Razzmatazz on the Tuesday 30th. Not sure if other bands playing the Ciutat programme have all been told Razz to keep things simple but I'd love that as it's a great venue and right by my house.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gnarler said:

image.thumb.png.9dd2f05327755856909e06da1b5959db.png

Pup seem to have been told they're playing Razzmatazz on the Tuesday 30th. Not sure if other bands playing the Ciutat programme have all been told Razz to keep things simple but I'd love that as it's a great venue and right by my house.

According to their websites Cloud Nothings will play Paral.lel 62, The Chills at Razzmatazz 2. I guess all ciutat-acts know where they're playing. And, hopefully, in a few days we will know that, too...

• Thanks 2