Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

15 hours ago, Fabrizzo said:

I can't find any news about it and tickets for london are still on sale

https://www.seetickets.com/event/eddie-palmieri/cadogan-hall/2511661?aff=id1bandsintown

https://www.flowfestival.com/en/news/balloon-360-stage-lineup-revealed/

"Additionally, Eddie Palmieri, previously announced for the program, has had to cancel his appearance at Flow due to health reasons."

And at their facebook page:

"Eddie Palmieri has sadly had to cancel all his European shows due to health-related reasons. We wish him all the best."

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MeMeMeM said:

https://www.flowfestival.com/en/news/balloon-360-stage-lineup-revealed/

"Additionally, Eddie Palmieri, previously announced for the program, has had to cancel his appearance at Flow due to health reasons."

And at their facebook page:

"Eddie Palmieri has sadly had to cancel all his European shows due to health-related reasons. We wish him all the best."

it's strange because the London date in June seems confirmed... maybe he decided to shorten the tour because he's old

16 minutes ago, festivalguy97 said:

I know Primavera is known for having big time schedule clashes between many artists, even big ones with each other, I don’t know what to expect, it’s my first time at the festival and I’m scared I will miss a lot of things. 

From experience, I would say prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

I know this is kind of empty and naive advice but you will definitely miss something you want to see. This isn't because the organisers are evil (arguable). They've publicly said they try and put two big acts on at the same time to spread out the crowd and avoid overcrowding. 

For example, I can see Turnstile clashing with New Order, or Four Tet clashing with Kendrick. These are just random examples and by no means realistic but definitely prepare for some hard decisions. 

In those moments, my recommendation is follow your heart. Be safe if you end up alone and confirm meeting points as it gets very dark at the festival. I have so many regrets of missing certain acts just to follow my friends. It was the safe decision, but not the most fun.

7 minutes ago, xxialac said:

VIP configuration is same as last year - despite it being a bit rubbish (that second screen ruining sightlines). Although at least means no VIP area at the front…

Very bad decision imo. Bottlenecks around that area were the most annoying thing for me last year 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, xxialac said:

VIP configuration is same as last year - despite it being a bit rubbish (that second screen ruining sightlines). Although at least means no VIP area at the front…

Is this confirmed? They said earlier that they will change the VIP format this year.

2 hours ago, Gnarler said:

From experience, I would say prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

I know this is kind of empty and naive advice but you will definitely miss something you want to see. This isn't because the organisers are evil (arguable). They've publicly said they try and put two big acts on at the same time to spread out the crowd and avoid overcrowding. 

For example, I can see Turnstile clashing with New Order, or Four Tet clashing with Kendrick. These are just random examples and by no means realistic but definitely prepare for some hard decisions. 

In those moments, my recommendation is follow your heart. Be safe if you end up alone and confirm meeting points as it gets very dark at the festival. I have so many regrets of missing certain acts just to follow my friends. It was the safe decision, but not the most fun.

The good thing is that I don’t like any of headliners or big names this year, so at least I will get to see smaller artists as I don’t mind missing all the big ones, but yeah I’ve seen that there are many clashes in the previous years…

1 hour ago, festivalguy97 said:

The good thing is that I don’t like any of headliners or big names this year, so at least I will get to see smaller artists as I don’t mind missing all the big ones, but yeah I’ve seen that there are many clashes in the previous years…

Last year was awful for it, in weekend one they had The National, Warpaint and Little Simz all on simultaneously, and weekend two there was a horrible clash between Slowdive and Interpol. That one really hurt as I love both bands and wasn't interested in much else that day lmao 

2 minutes ago, ThomT94 said:

Last year was awful for it, in weekend one they had The National, Warpaint and Little Simz all on simultaneously, and weekend two there was a horrible clash between Slowdive and Interpol. That one really hurt as I love both bands and wasn't interested in much else that day lmao 

Which did you end up at? I went to Interpol and wish I had gone to Slowdive.

4 minutes ago, ThomT94 said:

Slowdive and Interpol both played additional gigs at Ciutat (and Little Simz was scheduled too also but cancelled her Ciutat show at the last minute).

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Slowdive and Interpol both played additional gigs at Ciutat (and Little Simz was scheduled too also but cancelled her Ciutat show at the last minute).

They did, and I just about managed to get into both. There was always a risk of me missing one though, even with the faster 2x weekend queue, so the clash at Fòrum did not ease that worry haha

• Upvote 1

If there's one thing you can absolutely guarantee about PS it's that if there's a day where you only like two acts, they will clash. Has happened a dozen times to me. 

There's no point in stressing though. You can't predict it, you can't do anything about it and, in my experience, when the timetable comes out, there's usually a brief moment of "oh no X and Y are clashing" followed by a moment of clarity where you know what direction you're headed anyway. 

I've regretted some of the choices I've made over the years, but I've had some absolutely cracking shows too, often on my own when I left a group to watch Hamilton Leithauser, or Mitski, or Idles solo, for example. 

A wider question for those who decided not to attend this time - how are ye feeling now about that decision? I did some digging into the line up and while I've got a creeping sense of FOMO about missing my annual pilgrimage to BCN, I think it was the right call from a personal perspective. 

Hopefully next year has more that appeals to me and I'll be back.