Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

1 hour ago, jannybruck said:

I doubt there's any market for doubles on resale (even single tickets aren't selling, let alone VIP), so if I were you I'd just come to terms with the fact you'll probably have to swallow the costs of not doing Barcelona, and use your ticket just for Madrid instead.

When I spoke to Primavera about it they were talking about me transferring the ticket but like, even if I went to Barcelona first I assume that once the ticket is activated it can't be transferred for someone else to go to Madrid?? They were completely unwilling to think of a way around it, even when I showed them the price differences lol

As you say, it might be a case of just absorbing the cost which is daft as it actually loses everyone money, but that's the route they want to go down. 

According to their site VIP tickets are sold out so I'd have thought they'd be selling ok but I guess not. Doesn't seem like Twickets has a way to distinguish between VIP or not either which isn't ideal 

17 minutes ago, ThomT94 said:

When I spoke to Primavera about it they were talking about me transferring the ticket but like, even if I went to Barcelona first I assume that once the ticket is activated it can't be transferred for someone else to go to Madrid?? They were completely unwilling to think of a way around it, even when I showed them the price differences lol

As you say, it might be a case of just absorbing the cost which is daft as it actually loses everyone money, but that's the route they want to go down. 

According to their site VIP tickets are sold out so I'd have thought they'd be selling ok but I guess not. Doesn't seem like Twickets has a way to distinguish between VIP or not either which isn't ideal 

I would ideally go to Barcelona (much better festival anyway) and then sell the screenshot to someone going to Madrid for whatever you can get for it. There are ways you can convince them you are not a scammer and I doubt (as above) in Madrid they will care. Should get up to €200 for it.

Or try the other way round. Might be harder to pull off though.

56 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Primavera Sound in Colombia this year. Could be fun.

This is quite the circuit:

Buenos Aires (25th and 26th November), São Paulo (2nd and 3rd December), Asunción (7th December) and Bogotá (9th and 10th December)

https://www.primaverasound.com/en/news/hola--colombia-y-paraguay-primavera-sound-amplia-su-ruta-latinoamericana-de-2023

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

I would ideally go to Barcelona (much better festival anyway) and then sell the screenshot to someone going to Madrid for whatever you can get for it. There are ways you can convince them you are not a scammer and I doubt (as above) in Madrid they will care. Should get up to €200 for it.

Or try the other way round. Might be harder to pull off though.

Barcelona does look slightly better tbf, at least in the Ciutat lineup, but the main reason I'm considering Madrid is I went to Barca last year and think a different place might be good. I feel like selling a screenshot for Barca could very easily go wrong, that person could sell it to someone going to Madrid and then I don't get in at all 😂

It's a shame but I'll have to just take the cost I think. Unless a Madrid VIP turns up as cheap as the earlybird price but chances of that are slim 

10 minutes ago, ThomT94 said:

I feel like selling a screenshot for Barca could very easily go wrong, that person could sell it to someone going to Madrid and then I don't get in at all 😂

Exactly, and that’s why I would do it the other way.

Barcelona isnt better because of the Ciutat programme, it’s better as the site is more scenic by the sea, the weather isn’t brutally sweltering as will be the case in Madrid and it won’t have the inevitable teething problems of a brand new site.

And above all because the festival is conveniently in the city, not in the arse end of nowhere.

Edited by xxialac

Apologies if this has been said but does Anyone know the deal with the ciudat and brunch situation? They are included in the tickets right? But heard you had to purchase separate ones and then it gets credited on access app? On dice I can see the Brunch one is on there but it’s like €50… and there is non sign of any ciudat ones. Any idea? Thanks 

9 hours ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

So I guess it turns out despite criticism of the line up that Primavera still has the best lineup imo.

Now that most European fests have shown their hand.

Criticism on this line up never made sense imo. 2022 was probably the strongest ever but this year they really outdid themselves in terms of size of the headliners. Last year there were more but tame impala, the national, gorillaz? you could see them everywhere (speaking as a big fan of the national). Undercard and sub-headliners are strong as ever (ok last year they were just crazy, with beach house, bauhaus and idles provoking almost offensive clashes). 
They only got the order of the names on the poster wrong imo (too much attention to Calvin Harris, maneskin), but they know better than me who they are targeting to sell tickets.
To sum up, a reasonably slighter than last year undercard list, but definitely bigger headliners. People who said this was shit probably did not know who unwound and John cale are 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

Criticism on this line up never made sense imo. 2022 was probably the strongest ever but this year they really outdid themselves in terms of size of the headliners. Last year there were more but tame impala, the national, gorillaz? you could see them everywhere (speaking as a big fan of the national). Undercard and sub-headliners are strong as ever (ok last year they were just crazy, with beach house, bauhaus and idles provoking almost offensive clashes). 
They only got the order of the names on the poster wrong imo (too much attention to Calvin Harris, maneskin), but they know better than me who they are targeting to sell tickets.
To sum up, a reasonably slighter than last year undercard list, but definitely bigger headliners. People who said this was shit probably did not know who unwound and John cale are 

Completely agree with this. Outside of 3 acts out of over 200: Maneskin, Calvin Harris and maybe Halsey, this is a vintage Primavera lineup. You just need to look at the Roskilde, Mad Cool and Glastonbury lineups to see how good we’ve got it. 

• Upvote 1

Fully agree. In hindsight, yet again Primavera has the best lineup around - the pool of acts is just a bit weaker this year.

Btw on John Cale (since Whos3000 mentioned him) I watched some of a recent set he did and his voice still sounds surprisingly good for at 81. Unless there's a big clash I'll be hoping to catch him.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

There is a Reddit poster saying we are about to get jai Paul 

Huge get if true and definitely something I can see Primavera pulling out of the bag, especially with the somewhat lagging ticket sales this year. Just seen the post and it’s very much a ‘trust me bro’ type thing so guess we’ll see, but if he were to show up at any festival, Primavera seems the most likely imo - very much his crowd. 

14 minutes ago, MeMeMeM said:

On the other way, it seems we are about to loose Eddie Palmieri (it seems he cancelled is tour due to illness). It was a must see act for me.

Ugh, that's a blow. The man is a legend, probably only chance to see him. Frees up an auditori slot.

I'm not convinced by Jai Paul - would have shifted tickets if announced previously but now is probably too late minute for people to fly over to see him.

Edited by xxialac

59 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I’m not convinced by Jai Paul - would have shifted tickets if announced previously but now is probably too late minute for people to fly over to see him.

Will perhaps at least bring in some more locals, but even so, Primavera has had late announcements before, right? And he’s a bit of a special case as until a couple of weeks ago Coachella were his only announced shows so he may have wanted that to remain the case until he was ready to announce more. 

24 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Will perhaps at least bring in some more locals, but even so, Primavera has had late announcements before, right? And he’s a bit of a special case as until a couple of weeks ago Coachella were his only announced shows so he may have wanted that to remain the case until he was ready to announce more. 

I don’t recall Primavera ever making a last minute big announcement (other than as replacements). There was the year with the secret shows I suppose but presumably he commands a higher fee than, say, Haim due to rarity value and that fee won’t be recouped in extra sales this close to the festival.

Plus, you know, it’s some absolute random on Reddit.

12 hours ago, xxialac said:

I don’t recall Primavera ever making a last minute big announcement (other than as replacements). There was the year with the secret shows I suppose but presumably he commands a higher fee than, say, Haim due to rarity value and that fee won’t be recouped in extra sales this close to the festival.

Plus, you know, it’s some absolute random on Reddit.

Yeah I choose to not believe the Reddit comment. I'm more than happy with the lineup. 

Jai Paul would be a huge deal but this happens every year and it's less stress to ignore it. 

If they claimed to be Jai Paul's bassist's brother on the other hand....

• Upvote 1