Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

On 12/9/2022 at 12:12 PM, xxialac said:

Totally agree. 

I think (possibly for the first time) for me, Thursday > Friday > Saturday

Any suggestions for the Thursday ? I still find it the weakest of the days despite Blur. I am looking forward to turnstile, pusha t, blackhaine, emeralds, hud mo, Alex g. I like what I heard from la tigre and nxworries but I don’t know if they are going to be must-see of mine. Not very interested in darkside (should I?), I don’t know much about ghost, I have already seen Boris and amenra (in a great double-bill, both recommended). BCNR? If it’s the same show I’ll skip them 

Edited by Whos3000_

26 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

Any suggestions for the Thursday ? I still find it the weakest of the days despite Blur. I am looking forward to turnstile, pusha t, blackhaine, emeralds, hud mo, Alex g. I like what I heard from la tigre and nxworries but I don’t know if they are going to be must-see of mine. Not very interested in darkside (should I?), I don’t know much about ghost, I have already seen Boris and amenra (in a great double-bill, both recommended). BCNR? If it’s the same show I’ll skip them 

Sudan Archives, albeit only based on what I've read. And then Arthur Verocai and Heinali, both hopefully in auditori. Ghost look fun and solid melodies.

31 minutes ago, Whos3000_ said:

IMO, Turnstile is a must see that day. One of the best gigs I saw this year, fantastic live. 

If you like American indie rock, Alex G and Built to Spill are nice.

For me, the greatest band that I always want to see is The comet is coming. And now Sudan Archives, her album is very good. 

Yard Act is a band that I listened a lot this year too.

13 hours ago, Whos3000_ said:

+ Sudan Archives, The Comet is Coming, Sparks, Arthur Verocai, Yard Act, Folamour

15 hours ago, Whos3000_ said:

Give Ghost a try, won't be for everyone but they're really coming into their own at the moment. I'm not usually into that kinda stuff but I'll be watching them at Download. Aside from that

Loyle Carner: brit-hop

Off!: punk, just dropped a new album

The Comet is Coming: bonkers electro-jazz-rock

Also agree with Sudan Archives and Yard Act recommendations above

15 hours ago, Whos3000_ said:

My Thursday's must-sees (so far):

Ascendant Vierge (dark horse of Thursday's line-up);

Blur (one of my favourite bands, never seen them live);

Built to Spill (loved their concert in 2019 when they played Kept It Like a Secret in full, so I'll be more than happy to see a classic set; new album is also very good);

Perfume (very happy to see them back on the line-up after they dropped out this year);

Self Esteem (beautiful voice and great energy, her Glastonbury performance of You Forever has been giving me goosebumps  for several days now).

And since I'm a greedy Primavera attendee this won't stop me from exploring the line-up and I'm sure some of these names will eventually end up on my must-see list (to create more clashes): Alex G, Cabiria, Le Tigre, Red Velvet, Sudan Archives, Yard Act. And after adding Halsey's latest album into rotation, I have to say it has its moments... maybe not a must-see, but definitely not a must-avoid. 

As for Darkside, I like their debut album (their concert I saw in 2014 was fine but nothing special). Their new album however left me cold, so probably no Darkside for me next year.

Darkside played LA and was their first show in almost a decade. Seemed to be well regarded.

Now they're doing a tour, imagine they will work on having a more compelling stage set up, will need it if they're going to play Mordor or Rayban (Cupra).

Come to think of it, who is going to close Rayban that night? Sault, when they add them?!

3 hours ago, Orens said:

+ Sudan Archives, The Comet is Coming, Sparks, Arthur Verocai, Yard Act, Folamour

@Orens and Sunday? Thursday/Friday are properly stacked but Sunday more of a challenge for me. On my must sees, I only have Overmono, Two Shell, Jockstrap, FKA Twigs and Rosalia, Kelela, Domi & JD Beck (I assume some of these will clash for sure).

19 hours ago, Whos3000_ said:

Reading everyones suggestions I'm thinking this day is going to be a clash nightmare - I'll add PinkPatheress into the mix if not already noted - great having her back on the lineup.

2 hours ago, Etaish said:

@Orens and Sunday? Thursday/Friday are properly stacked but Sunday more of a challenge for me. On my must sees, I only have Overmono, Two Shell, Jockstrap, FKA Twigs and Rosalia, Kelela, Domi & JD Beck (I assume some of these will clash for sure).

I'm assuming you meant Saturday 🙂

Caroline Polachek, Jayda G, Nia Archives, Anish Kumar, St Vincent, Mala (dj set), Jockstrap, Death Grips, bar italia and Calvin Harris (OK OK, probably not the last one)

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Orens said:

I'm assuming you meant Saturday 🙂

Caroline Polachek, Jayda G, Nia Archives, Anish Kumar, St Vincent, Mala (dj set), Jockstrap, Death Grips, bar italia and Calvin Harris (OK OK, probably not the last one)

I wish St Vincent come with her last show, 70s style with a big band.

Saw her 3 times already,  2 with a "digital" band and one solo/backing track format, but that last is her best, in my top list for sure. 

3 hours ago, Etaish said:

Assuming you mean Saturday, I'd add St. Vincent, John Cale, Arlo Parks, the voidz and Eddie Palimieri

First glance at the cards;

Thursday...
Blur, Ghost, Le Tigre, Turnstile, Amenra, BCNR, Boris, Built to Spill, Sudan Archives, The Comet is Coming, Yard Act, Ascendent Vierge, Blackhaine, Come, Joe Unknown

Friday...
Kendrick Lamar, Depeche Mode, Four Tet, The Moldy Peaches, Bad Religion, Sparks, Alvvays, Beak>, Daphni, Gabriels, Julia Jacklin, Karate, Lebanon Hanover, Nation of Language, Swans, Unwound, Yves Tumour, Bala, Beth Orton, Gaz Coombes, Soul Glo

Saturday...
Rosalia, FKA Twigs, St Vincent, Maggie Rogers, My Morning Jacket, Death Grips, Ezra Furman, JPEGMAFIA, Surf Curse, Bar Italia, Be Your Own Pet, Wednesday

Saturday does feel weaker as others have said.

10 minutes ago, Nikky said:

Did Maneskin cancelled? Why nobody mentioned them? Saturday is hottest for me with Rosalia, Calvin Harris and Maneskin. 

I tried to get into Maneskin but found them rock-by-numbers. Ghost are also a little derivative but killer melodies. Someone described them as Abba metal.

2 hours ago, Last_Exit said:
First glance at the cards;

Thursday...
Blur, Ghost, Le Tigre, Turnstile, Amenra, BCNR, Boris, Built to Spill, Sudan Archives, The Comet is Coming, Yard Act, Ascendent Vierge, Blackhaine, Come, Joe Unknown

Friday...
Kendrick Lamar, Depeche Mode, Four Tet, The Moldy Peaches, Bad Religion, Sparks, Alvvays, Beak>, Daphni, Gabriels, Julia Jacklin, Karate, Lebanon Hanover, Nation of Language, Swans, Unwound, Yves Tumour, Bala, Beth Orton, Gaz Coombes, Soul Glo

Saturday...
Rosalia, FKA Twigs, St Vincent, Maggie Rogers, My Morning Jacket, Death Grips, Ezra Furman, JPEGMAFIA, Surf Curse, Bar Italia, Be Your Own Pet, Wednesday

Saturday does feel weaker as others have said.

Saturday has John cale + Laurie Anderson which sounds just as the best auditorium combo possible. If then I can see Death grips,  fka twigs (how likely would a new album be from her?) and also Rosalia (best pop headliner we could get) followed by the best big room club act in the world (overmono) that s already more than enough. 
thank everybody for the suggestions. 
mvps for me (no headliner mode) are swans and moldy peachers, which of course I won’t see due to clashes  

• Thanks 1