Primavera Sound Barcelona 2023 + Primavera Sound Madrid 2023

Fnmentaluk

5 minutes ago, Fnmentaluk said:

So is that thing in Madrid is that the announcement, or is it an after party thing

They totally ignore the questions about the time of the announcement on social media, so who knows.

But I would like to have this (time of release) sorted out today because if the line-up is released at noon I'll take an annual line-up release day-off tomorrow. 

6 minutes ago, pipan said:

They totally ignore the questions about the time of the announcement on social media, so who knows.

But I would like to have this (time of release) sorted out today because if the line-up is released at noon I'll take an annual line-up release day-off tomorrow. 

unfourtunately we can rule out both Pavement and Idles, otherwise we'd have the line up by tonight

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mortand said:

It's gonna be a long wait until tomorrow, so bring on the fake posters! Actually, the one that circulated here a couple of days ago, made me realize that Delgados, Sunny Day Real Estate and Unwound all have gigs in 2023. Make it happen, Primavera!

Unwound and Sunny Day Real Estate would be Unreal.

edit: reading this again "Unreal" would also be a great name for a supergroup of their members

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Whos3000_ said:

Travis Scott confirmed in Italy on the 30th…I’d say either he is doing some huge utopia tour in Europe starting with primavera or he’s out

for me it's still more likely to have him than kendrick... kendrick doesn't make much sense imo as he toured basically everywhere and i don't see him returning just for 2 fests. 

23 minutes ago, chilirocker said:

Everywhere except Spain, Portugal and Italy 😉

Played a festival in Milan, no?

Pretty confident he will do a festival tour next year. Bilbao has all their headliners and there he was supposed to play in 2020. Then,Primavera seems the most logical option (if he tours that early). 

Doing my 10th (and final) Primavera Sound Barcelona next summer and still looking forward to the lineup release like a kid on Christmas. I like that we dont have any leaks so far.

Btw, Primavera Sound in Buenos Aires was concidentally the same week I went there for vacation a couple of weeks ago. Argentinians are so much fun at festivals, the vibe a bit different to the more chill Barca crowd (even with a 3(!!!)beer max limit at the festival site). First time seeing a mosh pit at an Interpol concert, and the crowd singalong at Mitski, Lorde and Arctic Monkeys was maybe the loudest Ive ever heard at a festival. Didnt bother seeing Travis Scott, and fingers crossed he doesnt play Barca edition in 2023. Mitski was the biggest positive surprise, hope I get to see her again in June.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pne094 said:

Doing my 10th (and final) Primavera Sound Barcelona next summer and still looking forward to the lineup release like a kid on Christmas. I like that we dont have any leaks so far.

It’s going to be my 10th (and maybe final, let’s see) next summer, too. All the best for tomorrow to us all here

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, pne094 said:

Btw, Primavera Sound in Buenos Aires was concidentally the same week I went there for vacation a couple of weeks ago. Argentinians are so much fun at festivals, the vibe a bit different to the more chill Barca crowd (even with a 3(!!!)beer max limit at the festival site). First time seeing a mosh pit at an Interpol concert, and the crowd singalong at Mitski, Lorde and Arctic Monkeys was maybe the loudest Ive ever heard at a festival. Didnt bother seeing Travis Scott, and fingers crossed he doesnt play Barca edition in 2023. Mitski was the biggest positive surprise, hope I get to see her again in June.

Did you prefer Barcelona or BA in the end? 

22 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Did you prefer Barcelona or BA in the end? 

Barcelona by far. The festivals are very different though, with BA being a much smaller festival with mainly 3 large stages.

Its something about the unique feeling at the Forum, feeling the sea breeze at 3:00 in the morning, finding the weird acts on the always quality undercard etc. Im also getting lazy and enjoys knowing all the tips and tricks at the Barca eedition. Trying to not freak out when the organizers dont communicate well or fuck something up for the 100th time each edition has almost become a fun tradition. Also, my Spanish is terrible and almost nobody in BA speaks English.

Pro BA: The bars was more efficient (Its baffling to me that PS Barca hasnt fixed that since I went for the first time in 2011), the crowd was more into the concerts and it was obv easier for my tired old legs to get to the concerts. But Barca edition wins in all other categories. And it has that x factor that no other festival Ive ever been to can match.

This ended up being a chaotic love letter to Primavera Sound Barcelona 😅

Edited by pne094
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, pne094 said:

It ll be also my 10th this year, and also the last one. End of an era..and different priorities from now on..

• Like 2