1 hour ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Rolling Stone one is more than likely Kerrang 

So I reckon:

Amazon (Shikari) = Cockpit

Dickies (Offspring) = Stage next to DIY, not open for LAL

Knotfest = DIY

Key Club L+R = Dork presents L+R

Kerrang L+R = Rolling Stone

One stage each end of Rolling Stone then?

1 hour ago, sacred shape said:

So I reckon:

Amazon (Shikari) = Cockpit

Dickies (Offspring) = Stage next to DIY, not open for LAL

Knotfest = DIY

Key Club L+R = Dork presents L+R

Kerrang L+R = Rolling Stone

One stage each end of Rolling Stone then?

Yeah, they did that at South last time I went 

Getting very excited about the festival now.  I'm taking my 10 year old (who is determined to crowd surf!) and want to give him the full festival experience and find a few bands that will make him laugh / shock him - are there any crazy bands out there that would be worth checking out for the shock value.  Otherwise he'll be at the Offspring stage all day.

On 5/3/2023 at 8:01 AM, gary1979666 said:

Getting very excited about the festival now.  I'm taking my 10 year old (who is determined to crowd surf!) and want to give him the full festival experience and find a few bands that will make him laugh / shock him - are there any crazy bands out there that would be worth checking out for the shock value.  Otherwise he'll be at the Offspring stage all day.

Not sure there is anyone "shocking", but I'd give Wargasm, Creeper and Heriot a go. Wargasm are X-rated, shall we say, and quite heavy with electronic influences. Creeper put on a damn good show and often use props and stories etc. Heriot are one for the future and are pretty heavy, so might be cool to see. As for a laugh, maybe Escape the Fate.

Offspring stage should be good. Ska is my favourite live genre just because it's always fun so don't miss Less Than Jake doing Hello, Rockview in full and Flogging Molly/Gogol Bordello, and Bowling For Soup are good fun too. The Offspring aren't as fun as you'd think and pretty much just blitz through songs with a few crowd interactions, so might be a thought to switch between them and Shikari?

Hope your 10 year-old has a ball!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jonny_Naylor said:

Thankful the weather is looking good. 

For anyone that has been to North before, what's the distance like between stages? And what is terrain like? Considering taking a wheelchair for one of our party but unsure if it's worth it and might be better just taking it very slow. 

It's pretty hilly and all grass unfortunately. Dickies stage is at the bottom of a hill with Kerrang/Key Club at the top of it, and there's a hill in between the Dickies and Rock Scene/Knotfest stages. It's quite a walk down to the Rock Scene/Knotfest stages.

28 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

It's pretty hilly and all grass unfortunately. Dickies stage is at the bottom of a hill with Kerrang/Key Club at the top of it, and there's a hill in between the Dickies and Rock Scene/Knotfest stages. It's quite a walk down to the Rock Scene/Knotfest stages.

Okay not too bad. Was considering splitting Offspring/Shikari but that mightn't be possible. Thanks very much 🙂

47 minutes ago, Jonny_Naylor said:

Okay not too bad. Was considering splitting Offspring/Shikari but that mightn't be possible. Thanks very much 🙂

It's possible, but you will miss a good 15 minutes walking between the stages depending on where you choose to stand

6 minutes ago, callum97 said:

Who do we think will get the bigger crowd, shikari or offspring? 

The Offspring I would have thought.

I'm still undecided. I love The Offspring but I've seen them a few times and they have never been great. The group I'm with are completely divided so i'll make a last minute decision I think. 

4 minutes ago, Henrik said:

The Offspring I would have thought.

I'm still undecided. I love The Offspring but I've seen them a few times and they have never been great. The group I'm with are completely divided so i'll make a last minute decision I think. 

If you’ve never seen Shikari, I’d highly recommend! One of the best live bands around 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Offspring were my favourite band growing up, Shikari were one of my favourite through my teens, so I'm split. But I am aware that my chances of seeing Shikari in future are greater than me seeing The Offspring. I've seen both 3 times, and Shikari have been hit and miss, though when they hit they fucking HIT. Offspring have been good every time. Was hoping to watch the first half of Offspring and latter of Shikari. Glad I'm going to North and can study setlists from the Saturday (thanks Southern guinea pigs).

Hey peeps! Newbie to the forum, can't believe I've not joined before! Super excited for SD North! Just wondering if anyone is coming from Kirklees (Wakey / Dewsbury type area)? Wondered if anyone wanted to split taxi costs to save a few quid esp the getting back which I can only do by taxi! (Happy to pay toward fuel if anyone's driving from this way and has space for 1 person!)

I'm also torn on Shikari/The Offspring. Everyone in my group is going to the Offspring as none of us have caught them before and most of my mates prefer them to ES. Personally I prefer ES and know what a fantastic show they put on, however I am going to their tour next year alone already, whereas I can't see myself ever going to an Offspring gig. I was set on ES until the newest album released, don't hate it but not the hugest fan. Think I'll end up at Offspring but could really really do with DL announcing if either are replacing 5FDP before this weekend lol.

On the Enter Shikari/The Offspring clash...

I have made a decision; I'm going to watch The Offspring. I was looking through their recent setlists and I want a piece of that. Also, it could well be my last chance to see them. 

My day now looking like this: Trash Boat -- Spanish Love Songs -- Millencolin -- Fit For A King -- The Menzingers -- Creeper -- The Offspring. 

Nice. 

On 5/25/2023 at 8:26 AM, Henrik said:

On the Enter Shikari/The Offspring clash...

I have made a decision; I'm going to watch The Offspring. I was looking through their recent setlists and I want a piece of that. Also, it could well be my last chance to see them. 

My day now looking like this: Trash Boat -- Spanish Love Songs -- Millencolin -- Fit For A King -- The Menzingers -- Creeper -- The Offspring. 

Nice. 

If you're going to Leeds, change your mind, Offspring changed their setlist up massively and it was boring 

Didn’t go yesterday but sounds like a **** show. Honestly this festival never learn, Hatfield has always had terrible queues for food and drinks. Also, never had enough toilets. It’s so poorly organised and it’s just the lineups that keep people going to them. Any other business with organisation like this would be shut down by now.