trnsmt 2023

jj200

16 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Clydebank would be a fair old trip, I’m not sure what time the last train there is but there will definitely be places a bit nearer. I don’t know much about hotels in and around Glasgow but alternatives to the city centre could be hotels/airbnb’s in the east end of the city (Dennistoun maybe the best bet here) or the southside (Shawlands, Queen’s Park, Pollokshields etc) which have loads of public transport and are walkable too.

Cheers for the info. 

On 1/1/2023 at 6:07 PM, thetime said:

Any advice on hotels around Glasgow, or in nearby towns that easy to get into the city? I'm looking at clydebank. 

Are you driving up or travelling by train ?
Assuming trains are back to normal,
it's a stroll down the Clyde to central
station so you'd be in good time for a
cheap hotel to Paisley or even Ayrshire
if you drive there and just avoid
Glasgow.
Didn't imagine l'd be back but getting tempted by the Friday.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Shootenanny! said:

Noticed a Facebook video from last Friday saying there's more acts to come, not long now- wondering if we might get some this Friday?

Lots will be announcing next week ahead of payday weekend, trnsmt will probably be the same if its going to be in Jan

Not too many surprises here but seems decent enough for TRNSMT. I’m only likely to go for Pulp if there’s cheaper tickets going nearer the time and Warmduscher, The Big Moon and Swim School make that a solid enough day. Bit surprised at them getting The Wombats and Nothing But Thieves on the second stage, both seem quite big for that.

1 minute ago, WhoOdyssey said:

And it's the same slot that Maximo Park were in last year!

(I imagine being Scottish gives LF System a bit of a boost up the lineup)

Ah yeah true, obviously quite different to sam fender as well

wombats should be swapped with mimi webb or something

I’ll probably be vilified for this comment but that’s got to be one of the strongest medium sized Uk line ups in ages. Any of the top 6 bands could usually headline an event this size, and then there’s acts like Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott, The Kooks, The Wombats, Nothing But Thieves who sub/headline these sorts of events. Think they’ve done really well, if there was camping I would almost definitely be going

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

I’ll probably be vilified for this comment but that’s got to be one of the strongest medium sized Uk line ups in ages. Any of the top 6 bands could usually headline an event this size, and then there’s acts like Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott, The Kooks, The Wombats, Nothing But Thieves who sub/headline these sorts of events. Think they’ve done really well, if there was camping I would almost definitely be going

TRNSMT have shifted from big money headliners to spending that money on a lot of medium sized acts i'd say - defo works for them as i guess it helps get more names up to scotland vs a few big ones

42 minutes ago, 49Lawson said:

Absolutely agree with you.

1 hour ago, 49Lawson said:

I think TRNSMT have settled into their lineups/crowd pretty well now. On the whole it’s not for me but they know their crowd and while they maybe don’t make many exciting bookings, they do a good job of getting big guitar bands, a few older acts and mid sized pop acts. In a year of poor lineups across the board, they’ve managed to get most of their relevant acts who are spread across multiple festivals elsewhere into one lineup. 

On 1/27/2023 at 7:00 PM, WhoOdyssey said:

I've never been there, but from the iPlayer coverage it always looks like the King Tut's stage is reasonably small. It'll be absolutely rammed there for The Wombats, perhaps even a safety issue?

Against kasabian will be fine surely

On 1/27/2023 at 7:00 PM, WhoOdyssey said:

I've never been there, but from the iPlayer coverage it always looks like the King Tut's stage is reasonably small. It'll be absolutely rammed there for The Wombats, perhaps even a safety issue?

It's a little big than it looks. Dont think there will be any issue