What happens if you don’t have ID for a child?

WM90V

Just a hypothetical question,

If you were to take a 13 year old to Glasto, who looked 13/14 , and they asked for ID, and you didn’t have ID, what would the process be?

Would you be made to buy a ticket? Or just flat refused entry? 

Would be incredibly awkward if they were refused entry and couldn’t get home till the Monday coach, especially when the child would have been the correct age when tickets were originally bought in 2019

3 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Bloody good question... In the same boat old son.. 

Common sense tells me that the kid will end up in the festival one way or another, but I’ve not actually been able to find any reference points. 

I’m hoping the answer is worst case scenario it’s £300 for the kid to get in, but literally can’t find anything anywhere 

If your kid is just over the age limit, take a photo of their passport and photoshop the year to make them the right age. If asked for id say you don't have any. Keep that up as long as you can, if things go south suddenly remember you might have a photo of their passport. Show them the photo and hope for the best

2 minutes ago, spg said:

A 13y/o should have a paid for ticket, should they not? You might be able to blag it as suggested, but it's a risk. 

Yeah but that’s not an option sadly, unfortunate the child was told they were coming to Glasto , and for whatever reason the parents thought the age limit for kids had been raised to take into account the 2 years of cancellation. 

The options would be to either break the kids heart, or to try and just pass him off as 12. The main question is though, what happens if the stewards are steadfast on it? Because if the kid doesn’t get in, the family are stuck there till Monday 🤣

This is the official line so you might want to work some photoshop magic on their passport... you might get a sympathetic steward who's not arsed, I don't think I'd be able to tell a 12 year old from a 14 year old, but you might not. Big risk as they could all end up missing out.

Screenshot_20220525-203207_Firefox.thumb.jpg.6f8e75a5774da262a6603c68817c7c81.jpg

4 minutes ago, WM90V said:

Yeah but that’s not an option sadly, unfortunate the child was told they were coming to Glasto , and for whatever reason the parents thought the age limit for kids had been raised to take into account the 2 years of cancellation. 

The options would be to either break the kids heart, or to try and just pass him off as 12. The main question is though, what happens if the stewards are steadfast on it? Because if the kid doesn’t get in, the family are stuck there till Monday 🤣

From the website…

992105C2-3C42-47E8-9B52-C7A43F7D3E33.jpeg

1 hour ago, WM90V said:

Just a hypothetical question,

If you were to take a 13 year old to Glasto, who looked 13/14 , and they asked for ID, and you didn’t have ID, what would the process be?

Would you be made to buy a ticket? Or just flat refused entry? 

Would be incredibly awkward if they were refused entry and couldn’t get home till the Monday coach, especially when the child would have been the correct age when tickets were originally bought in 2019

Hypothetically I'd be buying an £11 copy of their birth certificate and getting creative with the photocopier at work.

https://www.gov.uk/order-copy-birth-death-marriage-certificate

I think the worse case scenario would be you all go back home with the overage child rather than the child being made to go home on his own.

The child isn't GFs responsibility, the rule is clear and there to read....but having said all that I doubt with carefully revised birthday blags the borderline aged child would get turned away. 

Edited by Cooter