GLASTO number plate for sale

Chesh

As an aside, my uncle once (back in the 1960's) stopped a bloke in his car which had 'JFK' on the number plate. Now being a first generation mad Irishman, he knew that the 'JFK' had a huge 'meaning' within that community. So, he stopped this bloke and offered him silly money for the car registration. And the bloke accepted. My uncle had this plate put on his Jaguar - a car which he once had airlifted to Dublin from the UK. Now, that bloke knew how to earn money, and he knew how to spend it too. 

39 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

As an aside, my uncle once (back in the 1960's) stopped a bloke in his car which had 'JFK' on the number plate. Now being a first generation mad Irishman, he knew that the 'JFK' had a huge 'meaning' within that community. So, he stopped this bloke and offered him silly money for the car registration. And the bloke accepted. My uncle had this plate put on his Jaguar - a car which he once had airlifted to Dublin from the UK. Now, that bloke knew how to earn money, and he knew how to spend it too. 

I'm getting de ja vu!

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/239576-glasto-number-plate-for-sale/?do=findComment&comment=6338462

6 minutes ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

I'm a terrible bore at parties - as if you hadn't guessed.

Sorry to have entered that unnecessary data into your mind.

It's there for good, I'd say now though!

As  to my own feeble mind, I'm stuck witjh pressing on with the shite that enters my head at any one moment in time. 

It's not for the faint hearted, I'll have you know!  😊

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I'm a terrible bore at parties - as if you hadn't guessed.

Sorry to have entered that unnecessary data into your mind.

It's there for good, I'd say now though!

As  to my own feeble mind, I'm stuck witjh pressing on with the shite that enters my head at any one moment in time. 

It's not for the faint hearted, I'll have you know!  😊

When I woke up after going to the pub last week my wife told me I'd told her the same story 4 times when I got home.

Lucky lady!

52 minutes ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

When I woke up after going to the pub last week my wife told me I'd told her the same story 4 times when I got home.

Lucky lady!

I have ran out of upvotes.

Your wife should consider herself lucky, indeed. I've banged on about the samne subject for eons amounts of time to some individuals. I think that they call them ' victims'!

• 2 months later...

I'm going to sound a right old miserable c**t, but f**k it - I'll say it anyway. I don't understand why anyone would spend money on a personalised number plate. It seems such a waste of money to me. I just don't *get it*. 

The only circumstances I can understand it in, is when a company buys them for a fleet and it makes vehicles more easily identifiable, plus it's a business cost so not coming out of anyone's pocket. 

Baffles me. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

I'm going to sound a right old miserable c**t, but f**k it - I'll say it anyway. I don't understand why anyone would spend money on a personalised number plate. It seems such a waste of money to me. I just don't *get it*. 

The only circumstances I can understand it in, is when a company buys them for a fleet and it makes vehicles more easily identifiable, plus it's a business cost so not coming out of anyone's pocket. 

Baffles me. 

M0R3 M0N3Y T4AN 53N53 

• Upvote 2

On 11/10/2023 at 10:51 AM, blutarsky said:

Baffles me. 

In 1956 my mum wrote to the council that ran Sheffield back then. The Lord Mayor got a new car every 2 years, so he wasn't due one that year. She requested the number plate he would have been allocated and was given it. This number plate was transferred to every vehicle my father owned until his death in 2007. It was left to me and every time I see it I think of him. So not everyone has spent money on a cherished number plate. 🙂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

In 1956 my mum wrote to the council that ran Sheffield back then. The Lord Mayor got a new car every 2 years, so he wasn't due one that year. She requested the number plate he would have been allocated and was given it. This number plate was transferred to every vehicle my father owned until his death in 2007. It was left to me and every time I see it I think of him. So not everyone has spent money on a cherished number plate. 🙂

Don't leave us all 'hanging' - how does the number plate read?

Baffles me. 

Me too. Just totally weird way to spend money. Status....not a fan

Because for the right plate they are actually a better investment right now than watches, jewellery or classic cars.  Returns over just 12 months can be way in excess of most financial investments apparently.

Just now, parsonjack said:

Because for the right plate they are actually a better investment right now than watches, jewellery or classic cars.  Returns over just 12 months can be way in excess of most financial investments apparently.

You have a PJ 1 ? Or does the twerp from I’m a celeb own it ? 

4 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

My Uncle was issued "JOE 1" on a Hillman Imp back in the 70's.

There was no value or trade in such things then so as his name is Colin he let it go with the car when he sold it.

I shudder think of current value .... 😬

14 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

My Uncle was issued "JOE 1" on a Hillman Imp back in the 70's.

There was no value or trade in such things then so as his name is Colin he let it go with the car when he sold it.

I shudder think of current value .... 😬

If it was the 70's it would also have had a suffix letter. My first car was a 1973 Mini DWA 470 H so I guess JOE 1 was earlier than that. Did he live in Oxfordshire? 

A great shame he didn't keep it and change his name to Joe! 😂

13 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

If it was the 70's it would also have had a suffix letter. My first car was a 1973 Mini DWA 470 H so I guess JOE 1 was earlier than that. Did he live in Oxfordshire? 

A great shame he didn't keep it and change his name to Joe! 😂

Yes good point..... probably pre-70's then, possible early 60's when he would have been early 20's.  I'll ask him.

3 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Yes good point..... probably pre-70's then, possible early 60's when he would have been early 20's.  I'll ask him.

Somewhere in a box in the loft I have a book called 5000 CHERISHED PLATES by Noel Woodall if I ever come across it I will see if it's featured. My dad's number plate was mentioned in the book which is why he bought or was given a copy.

• Like 1

My uncle stopped a car in the 1960's which had something along the lines JFK 1 as a number plate. Now, 'JFK' to my uncle was revered owing to its connection  with John F. Kennedy. I can't recall the outcome exactly, but I think it ended up with my uncle buying the whole car at an inflated price than its value if it didn't have that numberlate.