gfa

Tent Poll 2022  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Are you taking a Fresh n Black tent to glastonbury 2022?

• Yes
    • No
    • I haven't bought my tent yet (buy a fresh n black!)
    • Pre-erected / caravan / not camping

2 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Or I could live life on the edge and make a journey to Telford, not knowing whether I'll find erected tents or not, cos that's the sort of level of excitement my life craves.

Telford had a least 3 tents set up the last time I was in there which was a few weeks ago. But I couldn't tell you which ones they were. 

17 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Good question… not spent any significant time in it in the heat. 
We were in it yesterday afternoon when it was pretty hot and it was quite cool so hopefully the following works out… especially as we’ve got three weeks in France in august…

We have three roof vents, and one of these is a Fiamma turbo vent which can operate both ways. We also have 95% limo tinted windows to stop direct sunlight getting in. The van is also a very pale pastel blue which means it’s quite reflective of heat rather than absorbing it. 
The diesel heater can also operate as a fan pumping in fresh air. 

Hopefully that all does the job?! 

Failing that, we could ask Quechua to make a fresh and black garage. 

Love a photo 😍

53 minutes ago, joeltg said:

I have a standard small 2 man Quechua that's still going strong after what seems like an eternity - at least 20 festivals and numerous camping trips. 

Maybe it's time to upgrade to one of these blackouts, heard good things....

Definitely got your moneys worth there - you won't regret a blackout one for a second!

• Upvote 1

H7I got the ARPENAZ - FRESH&BLACK - 3 PERSON in 2017 to replace my standard quechua pop up. Only reason I didn't get the F&B pop up is because it is awkward to carry. 

We have flagpoles with solar lights wound round all the way to the top. 

flags.thumb.jpg.79d40dcd72507fbeec68446ebae8addd.jpg

On 4/23/2022 at 2:38 PM, alanr said:

H7I got the ARPENAZ - FRESH&BLACK - 3 PERSON in 2017 to replace my standard quechua pop up. Only reason I didn't get the F&B pop up is because it is awkward to carry. 

We have flagpoles with solar lights wound round all the way to the top. 

flags.thumb.jpg.79d40dcd72507fbeec68446ebae8addd.jpg

Re: The Great Malvern Flag - it looks more polar bear than pear. 

On 4/23/2022 at 12:02 PM, Beerqueen said:

Ooh a fellow resident of Salop.  Thanks - good job I wasn't rude about Telford!

Only live a mile away, so popped in while out and Telford have got 6 tents set up in store at the moment. Hopefully these links will work

Small and not F&B

Not F&B

F&B - Looks awesome for 1 person

Another decent F&B

Small & Pricey

Big, not F&B, Good Price

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, al_coholic said:

Only live a mile away, so popped in while out and Telford have got 6 tents set up in store at the moment. Hopefully these links will work

Small and not F&B

Not F&B

F&B - Looks awesome for 1 person

Another decent F&B

Small & Pricey

Big, not F&B, Good Price

Aww thank you - that's really good of you. 

Although they haven't got the one up that I was interested in, I may still pop along sometime even if it's only to see the size and weight of the bagged tent.  I can't justify buying another tent which isn't F&B and I'm not sure about the pop up because I'm not sure I'll manage to pack it up, though that saying, the three man looks good so I may change my mind!  

Thanks again.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Other tents are available. I have a Coleman Kobuk blackout tent that does a similar thing. I certainly get the benefit of the blackout design so would recommend.

Other tents do the Black part, but less so the Fresh part. For my taste, that's the more important half.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, incident said:

Other tents do the Black part, but less so the Fresh part. For my taste, that's the more important half.

I'm curious as to what this actually is. I thought that they were simply blackout tents and that was what kept the temp down, nad in turn kept you fresher.

9 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I'm curious as to what this actually is. I thought that they were simply blackout tents and that was what kept the temp down, nad in turn kept you fresher.

My first one was one of these. With a full door on either side, it definitely felt very fresh.

https://www.decathlon.ie/2-3-man-tents/142656-36737-camping-tent-arpenaz-freshblack-3-person.html

8 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

It's much more than this - it's blackout tents with a coatings on the inside to insulate (exsulate?) the tent. I realise that sounds like bollocks but it works fantastically well when put to the test (at Glastonbury 2017 and 2019, amongst others).

Whereas I've seen blackout tents in the past that make little difference in terms of temperature.

51 minutes ago, incident said:

An eye mask can do the black part for £1. 

The reflective coating on the exterior is the best part, keeping the temp down. 

4 man on eBay today, price already shooting up! 
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115358092540?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=ORuWhWzNRCu&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=NvC-nX8vS6q&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY