Róisín Murphy

stuartbert two hats

Some of you guys are insufferable, no views apart from your own are to be considered okay. 

I hope roisin is alright, and I hope that we will soon get to a point as a society that people feel they can speak up on their views without losing their livelihoods. Her views on puberty blockers are probably pretty close to the majority consensus view but anybody that dares speak up and voice their view ends up being shot down by a vocal minority. 

Edited by hjwright
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 24

22 hours ago, hjwright said:

Some of you guys are insufferable, no views apart from your own are to be considered okay. 

I hope roisin is alright, and I hope that we will soon get to a point as a society that people feel they can speak up on their views without losing their livelihoods. Her views on puberty blockers are probably pretty close to the majority consensus view but anybody that dares speak up and voice their view ends up being shot down by a vocal minority. 

Outside of closed shop internet echo chambers raising concerns about children being given puberty blockers is not anything that would warrant a witch hunt.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

What does? Her raising concerns or kids being given puberty blockers?

"not anything that would warrant a witch hunt."

Was just changing your would to should.

Neither should warrant a witch hunt. She should be able to raise concerns and everyone should be able to freely discuss those concerns.

• Upvote 2

On 9/3/2023 at 6:01 PM, hjwright said:

Its 100% going to end up in the other direction, with more draconian laws around what can and can't be said online

58 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Neither should warrant a witch hunt. She should be able to raise concerns and everyone should be able to freely discuss those concerns.

But her views are fixed. So what's the point in supplying her with evidence?

7 hours ago, angelin said:

I completely agree with you. Its bullying. Hormone blockers are disgusting on young children its like some massive experiment, how are they old enough to consent? Whats needed is masses money invested in MH for children and just all round really.

Not sure about disgusting,  I am sure they are used for certain medical conditions that puberty is better delayed.

Now I am now expert and come from a place of ignorance, but happy to learn. Are the parents not involved in these decisions, I am sure it is not just the young person consenting. People also go through certain processes before it happens. I have no idea though how long people are on them for and of course once off puberty starts. 

The other side is say you have kid who  has identity issues ( not sure that is the right word) are you sure you want to see them go through the anguish and turbulence that is puberty , changing to become something they do not want to be.

Agree we need more money into kids MH. But I assume you are not equating trans with mental heath problems.

1 hour ago, Skip997 said:

Ah I’m with you. Sorry, got a stinking cold and didn’t understand 😀

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

f**king hilarious that Roisin is receiving the same treatment as that Try That in a Small Town guy in America and getting mass-bought and streamed to be boosted up the charts by all her new ‘fans’. 

Ironically I had never listened to her prior to last week but when this thread blew up with people criticising her I noticed she had a new album coming out and thought id check it out....and I really like it and have now listened to it three times.

Can also see like you alluded to that its set to be by far her highest charting album.

I'm not exactly sure what the lesson in all of this is particularly 

4 minutes ago, JonSnow said:

Ironically I had never listened to her prior to last week but when this thread blew up with people criticising her I noticed she had a new album coming out and thought id check it out....and I really like it and have now listened to it three times.

Can also see like you alluded to that its set to be by far her highest charting album.

I'm not exactly sure what the lesson in all of this is particularly 

throw your trans fans under the bus, and the TERF's will come out to buy your stuff i guess

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I imagine after it reaches a sizeable position in the charts in its first week and all the TERFs have ‘made their point’ it’ll drop off pretty rapidly as they all stop pretending to like the music, much like happened with that Jason Aldean guy. 

FWIW, the album’s f**king ace, so it’s a real shame it’s been overshadowed and dampened by all of this as I would’ve loved to have seen her finally get the widespread recognition she deserves for her music. Be interesting to see where she goes from here.

Edited by FloorFiller

On 9/8/2023 at 2:32 PM, faymondo said:

"Cant replicate" on the new album is a great track. 

Yep, it is a song that would have absolutely stormed the gay clubs me and my friends go to if she had kept her mouth shut.

Can't see it getting played in a million years in them now.

Edited by Isaact