Róisín Murphy

stuartbert two hats

3 hours ago, faymondo said:

Watched her on West Holts a few years back. Went on my own as nobody else fancied it. It was great. Also loved The KLF t-shirt she wore.

Deffo on my must see list.

"Sing it back" reminds me of a Garlands "Fairies on the Mersey" ferry boat party from back in the day. Bit of a surreal experience sailing up and down the Mersey and everyone of their tits on a Sunday summers evening. 

Fairies on the Mersey hahaha 

• 1 year later...
46 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Absolutely awful ‘I stand by what I said but I’m gonna say no more ‘cause it hurts my fandom’ non-apology here. Yeesh:

https://x.com/roisinmurphy/status/1696510651378582006?s=46&t=iaGP6ZGqnTnA42DDzuUIgQ

f**k me. “You made have felt a huge shock, blinded by this so abruptly”. “I will now bow out of this conversation within the public domain” !!!

Read some bad non-apologies for transphobia recently but that’s properly dreadful. 

It's a conversation that needs to be had, but at the same time it''s a conversation that's impossible to have as the reaction to Roisin proves.

Little is known about the long-term side effects of hormone or puberty blockers in children with gender dysphoria.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/gender-dysphoria/treatment/

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

f**k me. “You made have felt a huge shock, blinded by this so abruptly”. “I will now bow out of this conversation within the public domain” !!!

Read some bad non-apologies for transphobia recently but that’s properly dreadful. 

Also, is she saying she never aimed her music at gay people? Looollllll

3 hours ago, Skip997 said:

It's a conversation that needs to be had

Agreed, here is the conversation that needs to happen:

”Is there a wild global conspiracy to eliminate women and women’s rights, via the medium of Ru Paul’s Drag Race, for the benefit of 0.1% of the population?”

”No”

”Do trans people deserve to live in peace and just be able to go the loo where they want”

”Yes”

The end

• Upvote 6

8 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Agreed, here is the conversation that needs to happen:

I'm not debating the rights of trans people, it's without question, for me the debate is around the safeness of puberty blockers and how we ensure their appropriate use. I beleive that's were Roisin is coming from.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

I'm not debating the rights of trans people, it's without question, for me the debate is around the safeness of puberty blockers and how we ensure their appropriate use. I beleive that's were Roisin is coming from.

It's just a debate about the puberty blockers, it's just a debate about sports, it's just a debate about prisons, it's just a debate about women's shelters, it's just a debate about bathrooms, it's just a debate about legal recognition.

You know it's funny how you never hear from trans people in these "debates", and they're all cropping up at the same time, despite there having been absolutely no harm occuring to prompt them, and it's just a coincidence that the right wing really loves this sh*t and keeps pushing it. And the answer is never for the experts in the relevant field to be given the space and funding to look into it, and for the trans community to be involved and consulted. It always ends in insults, stigma, the removal of services, cis people get the first, second, middle and last word in all of it.

What about when trans people want to have a debate about the complete removal of healthcare provisions, or the constant stigma, or the constant administerial battles, or the cost, or the huge mental health toll of a lifetime of being portrayed as and treated as a joke or a disgrace, or the tangible increase in hostility and derision your debate is having. That debate never gets heard does it.

Edited by Amy Lawn
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

The hostility is very much coming from both "sides".

Is it? I missed all the trans people stirring up hatred for cis people. What about the anti-immigrant brigade? Is there hostility both sides there too? 

Or are the right just intent on stoking division because they’ve got nothing else left? 

• Upvote 3