The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

4 minutes ago, basquille said:

Still be enjoyable regardless of weather.. but my legs in 2016 after 4 days of trudging through mud meant I didn't make it much further than Other Stage on Sunday where I basically leaned against barricade of sound-desk for the day.. LCD still got me dancing though!

LCD could have played that set in blizzard and still has the crowd going nuts. If the music is great, the weather really doesn’t matter. I didn’t even realise it was wazzing it down that night, I only realised after we got out the crowd that it had been raining.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, HyperTechnoHorse said:

Non-stop rain until Monday morning. Overcast and cool Monday and Tuesday. How anyone expects stuff to be dry by Wednesday is beyond me. It's going to be carnage.

Where are you getting this from. Bit of rain tomorrow between showers. Blazing sun Monday. We're going to be okay, chill people.

3 minutes ago, briddj said:

A lot of part-timers popping into the thread today and having no idea about the professional doom-mongers! 😆

To be honest, it's getting too close to the reliable timeframe to be talking about absolute disaster. I mean, I do still find it amusing and am nowhere near as bothered about the weather as I have been in the past, but I think some people are genuinely getting really anxious about it and don't realise they're witnessing performance art!

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

To be honest, it's getting too close to the reliable timeframe to be talking about absolute disaster. I mean, I do still find it amusing and am nowhere near as bothered about the weather as I have been in the past, but I think some people are genuinely getting really anxious about it and don't realise they're witnessing performance art!

At same time 21mm on that YR site for next Friday is quite a lot.

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

At same time 21mm on that YR site for next Friday is quite a lot.

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yeah, it really is loads. Not all time record, cancel the festival loads though.

Edit: But worth noting that it's on the edge of the reliable timeframe.

Also worth noting that the majority of that rain is forecast for overnight therefore lowing the impact on the ground as less footfall 

Met office looking cracking up to Friday. Can’t see what they have for Saturday and Sunday yet other than their long range broad description (which still sounds fine). Weds and Thurs looking perfect and Friday just looking cloudy and a touch on the chilly side, but absolutely fine.

• Upvote 1