2023 Festival

TheWaters

I think it could be Paramore over MGK. Problem is, there is no urban artist now - Billie Eilish is a chart act, and KSI just makes viral songs like Glass Animals. There's no Eminem, Travis S, Kendrick, Post Malone, Stormzy, Dave

Sam Fender | Foals

Billie Eilish | KSI

Green Day | Paramore

1 hour ago, Chad888 said:

I think it could be Paramore over MGK. Problem is, there is no urban artist now - Billie Eilish is a chart act, and KSI just makes viral songs like Glass Animals. There's no Eminem, Travis S, Kendrick, Post Malone, Stormzy, Dave

Sam Fender | Foals

Billie Eilish | KSI

Green Day | Paramore

Not having that, KSI sets out to make viral pop songs whereas it just happened to glass animals (once also, so not ‘songs’)

MGK isn’t urban also - most fans of the acts in that sentence would laugh at the idea of MGK

Edited by gfa
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, jj200 said:

Maybe they could play at the festival in Portsmouth which is the same weekend as reading 

Bands have done both reading/Leeds and victorious in the past e.g. Bastille last year blossoms in 2021

Edited by Will b

1 minute ago, SleepingGiants said:

Still think the mystery headliner could be someone yet to be considered. 

Muse are on tour, have a free August and haven't headlined in 5 years.

5 years is like a 2 festival gap, cannot see it

9 hours ago, gfa said:

Not having that, KSI sets out to make viral pop songs whereas it just happened to glass animals (once also, so not ‘songs’)

MGK isn’t urban also - most fans of the acts in that sentence would laugh at the idea of MGK

I didn't mean it as MGK being viral. 2 seperate sentences.

I mean there is no urban artist on the expected lineup at all. The rap act has been one of the biggest draws of recent years. KSI isn't an urban or rap act, he will be shouting slogans on stage while his backing track does the vocals.

AJ Tracy would be a far more sensible booking, even Aitch with KSI subbing or special guest. 

Edited by Chad888

7 hours ago, SleepingGiants said:

Still think the mystery headliner could be someone yet to be considered. 

Muse are on tour, have a free August and haven't headlined in 5 years.

They're billing their June 23 shows as UK exclusive. So I would be surprised if they u-turned on that to do R&L, particularly as playing Leeds might cannibalise sales for their Huddersfield show.

Architects were excellent last night supporting Biffy, new stuff sounds massive live. Didn’t mention anything about festivals next year but they’d smash Download or R&L. (It did get a lot livelier than the video suggests I should add).

Edited by andyrhodes24

1 minute ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Architects were excellent last night supporting Biffy, new stuff sounds massive live. Didn’t mention anything about festivals next year but they’d smash Download or R&L.

Didn't think they were that great (5th time seeing them, and last saw them at Leeds Arena themselves. New songs all sound very similar and they only played one pre-2021 song. Insane they're not playing Gone With The Wind

3 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

Didn't think they were that great (5th time seeing them, and last saw them at Leeds Arena themselves. New songs all sound very similar and they only played one pre-2021 song. Insane they're not playing Gone With The Wind

It was (finally) my first time seeing them so that will have had an effect. Do agree though that the stuff from the latest album is all quite similar, especially Deep Fake and Tear Gas so it was an odd opening two. Pit definitely took it up a level when they played Doomsday

1 minute ago, Bmaz said:

Idk, he only has headlined like two small festivals and MSE is a pretty hefty spot

Following up on this, The festivals he has headlined he shared those spots with Bombay bicycle club, kasabian, stereophonics, madness and paolo nutini. i would say all of these definatly couldnt headline MSE

40 minutes ago, Bmaz said:

hfa5ccrfncy91.jpg?width=543&auto=webp&s=d3ed34f6bf25143b4be5dfd267a7ba46ef6036d6

Someone on the reddit claims to have insider info and made this poster, what we all thinking, probably a load of bollocks but something to discuss about and dream of at least 

A dire attempt at a guess

50 minutes ago, Bmaz said:

hfa5ccrfncy91.jpg?width=543&auto=webp&s=d3ed34f6bf25143b4be5dfd267a7ba46ef6036d6

Someone on the reddit claims to have insider info and made this poster, what we all thinking, probably a load of bollocks but something to discuss about and dream of at least 

Fake

Wonder what made them put lady leshurr as reading only so random 😂

• Like 1

20 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Architects were excellent last night supporting Biffy, new stuff sounds massive live. Didn’t mention anything about festivals next year but they’d smash Download or R&L. (It did get a lot livelier than the video suggests I should add).

I'm looking forward to seeing them opening for BC on Friday in Brum tbf. Hear good things about them.

39 minutes ago, amanufan16 said:

What about Joji? Very popular name nowadays with a Festival Republic show at Gunnersbury on 17th August. Could he be a sub?

Probably rules him out i think, Reading would hurt that shows sales

48 minutes ago, Will b said:

More chance of John Lennon than bhad babie😭

Shes performed before