Green Man 2022

the wonderwhy

15 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

To add to the others, I wouldn't be surprised if Alice Low's magnetic Prince-by-way-of-Sparks glammy extravagance makes her a word of mouth draw in the same way as her friends Buzzard Buzzard Buzzard and Panic Shack.

Saw her supporting Buzzard Buzzard Buzzard at Clwb Ifor Bach in Cardiff. Did most the gig in the crowd wearing just underwear before running out the room down the stairs. Only to reappear about 5 mins later.

7/10 would recommend. 

(Also apparently with a 'full band' at the moment, don't know what that means in the context of the musical style and performance art style)

14 minutes ago, _Tommy_ said:

Where are we on the Welly rating considering current ground conditions and forecast rain on a rating from 1 (don't even both packing) through 5 (leave in the car) to 10 (trench foot guaranteed)  

Ground is still very dry. I'm still happily wearing trainers. More rain forecast over the next few days though...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, JoellyG said:

Ground is still very dry. I'm still happily wearing trainers. More rain forecast over the next few days though...

It got a bit soggy in places when it chucked it down yesterday but drained pretty quick.

Trainers or maybe walking boots. Wouldn't say wellies are necessary, definitely not at the moment anyway.

Met Office seem to have downgraded rain for today from thunderstorms to some showers. It's barely spitting now.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, _Tommy_ said:

Where are we on the Welly rating

6.5/10. Saw them recently, they were great fun and have a few cracking songs. Just need to smooth out some rough edges and I can definitely see them getting booked for stages like Rising next summer.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, collectivisedfarming said:

Wesley Gonzalez, he makes lo-fi pop, he used to be in Let's Wrestle who I was a big fan of. He can be a bit hit and miss live though.

I've seen him twice this year and I'm pleased to report he ...and the band... were excellent on both occasions.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Wakestock said:

I’m told they’ve moved the cider bar next door to Babbling Tongues this year. 

This sounds like a good idea, all got a bit condensed at the back of walled garden at times. 

Plus, everyone needs a bit of room after their 4th pint of 7% cider 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Wakestock said:

Looking at the forecast I’m even contemplating leaving my walking boots behind and going for sandals instead. Foolish? Sunday looks like the one day I meet need boots. 

Forecast is often unreliable for the site, bring both!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, joe501 said:

Forecast is often unreliable for the site, bring both!

So far it's been unreliable in our favour which is perfect!

Seems like there was barely any rain overnight. It's cloudy now but no rain and this was the time it was predicted to be heavy.

I have one logistics question - I'm bringing my on car so will just be in the main car park, but I'll actually be joining a friend in the campervan field rather than general camping. Is it easy to get straight from one to the other? Do I have to go through wristband exchange first?

Thank you.

11 minutes ago, Yoss said:

I have one logistics question - I'm bringing my on car so will just be in the main car park, but I'll actually be joining a friend in the campervan field rather than general camping. Is it easy to get straight from one to the other? Do I have to go through wristband exchange first?

Thank you.

You'll have to go through wristbands, its quite a way from Orange to campervans

Current view of Settlers. Clouds clinging to the mountains, faint drizzle around.

As you can see the field is pretty busy, the area to the right of the second picture is Family camping. It's not completely rammed but there's never been this number of people here at this point. Normally the Family area is half empty before Thursday.

IMG20220817112834.jpg

IMG20220817112842.jpg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, benali said:

Current view of Settlers. Clouds clinging to the mountains, faint drizzle around.

As you can see the field is pretty busy, the area to the right of the second picture is Family camping. It's not completely rammed but there's never been this number of people here at this point. Normally the Family area is half empty before Thursday.

IMG20220817112834.jpg

IMG20220817112842.jpg

Am I right in thinking they opened up the campsite to people coming via public transport today? Because of the strikes

1 hour ago, benali said:

IMG20220817112834.jpg

IMG20220817112842.jpg

Many thanks! We were intending on staying in Family Camping but won’t be on site until tmrw afternoon. It seems we may have to rethink!