When will covid end ? Please be nice and respectful to others

Crazyfool01

6 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Apparently Boris will warn the nation to ‘behave’ in an upcoming speech to the nation. 

What the fuck do you mean behave? You’ve lifted restrictions you fucking weapon. People are following the rules because there are no rules.

4 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

The guy is fucking nuts

You should social distance but you don't have to, don't meet with too many people even though you're allowed to, go into the office but don't be around other people, don't go to a nightclub but they're open. 

What's not clear 😂

He has to even make this speech at all because he lied and said it was irreversible against all evidence, logic and common sense. Obviously the NHS won't be able to cope with covid + everything else this winter, and he knew that when he bullshitted us in July.

Now it's going to be our fault for living life normally while we've been let out for our school holiday playtime. We fell into a trap and will be "punished" for our few weeks of fun with the inevitable few months of lockdown (that would've happened either way because respiratory viruses spread in winter and the NHS is dangerously under funded).

At least that's how I'm justifying how I've lived over summer and will be living the next few weeks, that this winter would've been beyond horrific anyway. I think that's just me easing my conscience though! 

Edited by efcfanwirral

I guess he's asking people to be careful without having any restrictions in place. Some people will be more careful wearing masks and staying way from crowded areas, some won't. Will it be enough, who knows. Will NHS be overwhelmed, who knows again, they certainly are busy in places now, but in the end are more likely to postpone and cancel stuff to keep running than need an actual lockdown again. Next 6 months are uncertain, but surely won't be as bad as last winter. 

45 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I guess he's asking people to be careful without having any restrictions in place. Some people will be more careful wearing masks and staying way from crowded areas, some won't. Will it be enough, who knows. Will NHS be overwhelmed, who knows again, they certainly are busy in places now, but in the end are more likely to postpone and cancel stuff to keep running than need an actual lockdown again. Next 6 months are uncertain, but surely won't be as bad as last winter. 

If things are no better than last year with jabs then surely life changes as we know it?

Might as well go in to hibernation each winter 😂

4 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

If things are no better than last year with jabs then surely life changes as we know it?

yeah, things should be better because of the amount of immunity, but last winter we had proper lockdown, and now we don't (and a more infectious variant). I actually don't think there will be another lockdown, but I don't think it will be plain sailing either. Anyway, no one knows for sure, just have to see.

Where has the prime minister been these last two months?!? He made a statement on Afghanistan and that’s it? 

i know that parliament is in recess, but he can still lead the country can’t he? Am I alone in thinking it feels like a rudderless ship with again nobody telling us what the plan is over the coming months?

43 minutes ago, JB15 said:

Where has the prime minister been these last two months?!? He made a statement on Afghanistan and that’s it? 

i know that parliament is in recess, but he can still lead the country can’t he? Am I alone in thinking it feels like a rudderless ship with again nobody telling us what the plan is over the coming months?

?

Parliament has been off and lots of people in govt take a holiday, including the PM. I'm sure if there had been a covid crisis you would have seen him, like with Afghanistan. Anyway, it's all go now, tax rises and everything, and on covid there's this...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/sep/10/boris-johnson-publish-covid-blueprint-difficult-winter

Edited by steviewevie

3 hours ago, JoeyT said:

To be fair IF the new money for the NHS is used properly, despite it not being enough, hopefully for next year there'll be some improvements in capacity and planning for winter season

5 hours ago, steviewevie said:

I’m just beyond tired. People are so brain dead to how the tories deal with things. They get away with this shit because heaps of people fall for it every single time.

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

To be fair IF the new money for the NHS is used properly, despite it not being enough, hopefully for next year there'll be some improvements in capacity and planning for winter season

Absolute nonsense. I personally think the NHS is corrupt. Nurses and doctors on the front line getting frugal salaries with chief executives at the top taking home 300,000 a year. I’m sorry but you shouldn’t be pulling salaries like that in the public sector. The reason why private sector salaries are inflated to that height is because your gambling with private sector money.

This is why I object to the NHS getting even more funding. It’s nothing to do with the doctors and nurses we know, but the corrupt bastards at the top.

But of course you can never criticise the NHS because someone’s always related to a nurse. This is why the c**ts at the top of the NHS get away with murder.

Edited by Matt42

39 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Absolute nonsense. I personally think the NHS is corrupt. Nurses and doctors on the front line getting frugal salaries with chief executives at the top taking home 300,000 a year. I’m sorry but you shouldn’t be pulling salaries like that in the public sector. The reason why private sector salaries are inflated to that height is because your gambling with private sector money.

This is why I object to the NHS getting even more funding. It’s nothing to do with the doctors and nurses we know, but the corrupt bastards at the top.

But of course you can never criticise the NHS because someone’s always related to a nurse. This is why the c**ts at the top of the NHS get away with murder.

It's going to need a bit more than cutting the wages of some chief executives.

1500 hospitalisations a day wouldn't even come close to overwhelming the NHS. Any of the nerds suggesting we should have massive infringements on liberty to avoid a 1% increase in hospital beds usage is pretty much the definition of a totalitarian.

I certainly won't adhere to any future lockdown. The vaccines work, enough is enough.

"Imminent healthcare collapse/people dying on the streets" might be considered a good reason to dramatically impinge liberties in such a way. "The staff are tired" isn't.

Edited by zahidf
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I'm with you on the NHS but you'd think even for this country a rise in taxes to increase capacity yet still locking down because it doesn't have enough capacity will wake enough people up, so there's surely some political incentive to actually increase that capacity. 

Or probably not because Corbyn ran Labour for a few years and people fear them getting into power when him and his supporters are anywhere near the party

Everyone locked down at the start when they didn't know what to expect. Then when Germany locked down for beta when it had enough capacity to take patients from other countries during alpha its that that made me realise we were in the shit and why we had the strictest lockdown in the developed world last winter.

Now there are Asian countries with younger thinner populations like Thailand and Vietnam struggling with Delta when they pissed alpha, its that again that makes me think if the vaccines don't work as well as hoped or anti-body protection drops off very quickly there isn't any "capacity increase" with the way the NHS is structured that can save us from a lockdown or restrictions, we are purely going to have to put our faith in the vaccines.

Edited by lost

17 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I'm with you on the NHS but you'd think even for this country a rise in taxes to increase capacity yet still locking down because it doesn't have enough capacity will wake enough people up, so there's surely some political incentive to actually increase that capacity. 

Or probably not because Corbyn ran Labour for a few years and people fear them getting into power when him and his supporters are anywhere near the party

The problem is more money for the NHS means higher pay rises for the people at the top of it. I bet a lot of the money doesn’t even touch the areas which need the most support.

I expect in short term if NHS struggling they'll just throw more money at using the private sector to help out.

NHS is a massive beast, very hard to reform, and money just gets swallowed up. So many different areas are desperate for cash, cancer treatment, mental health, GPs etc etc. And then there's social care with an aging population where everyone's got dementia. It's all going to cost loads.