Download 2023

On 1/10/2023 at 10:08 AM, r55N said:

From what I understood Rise Against are not main stage headliner. Rock am Ring are yet to announce the headliner there. Might be wrong though...

Unless you're a die hard Metallica fan, so far (for me) RaR probably looks a bit better than Download even with all German bands I don't care about. This is of course at the moment and things will change with the next announcement.

Still, I think this year Download have a real chance to have the second best metal line up in Europe (Hellfest) which would be a big thing. It would've been too easy to "open the old dusty closet" and add the Motley Crew/Def Leppard combo present at Copenhell, GMM etc. but for the first time in years they didn't which is very refreshing. 

Looking forward the next announcement and the day separation.

Could come as early as next week though the following is more likely.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

We use it every year 🙂 I think it’s really handy and definitely worth getting! 

Ah cool. Any idea on the mah they use? Between the wife and I, we need at least one fully charged phone in case any issues back home with kids. I do have a handful of chargers but nothing great. Seems better idea than locker maybe. 

16 minutes ago, Metalhead_Moz_ said:

Ah cool. Any idea on the mah they use? Between the wife and I, we need at least one fully charged phone in case any issues back home with kids. I do have a handful of chargers but nothing great. Seems better idea than locker maybe. 

Refresh retreat locker's only £2 more to not carry around a 2nd phone and power bank all day every day, worth looking at. 

Malevolence should be on the Main Stage. They spanked Manchester last night on the Trivium tour. There are very few bands who can go on after them and do it justice. Heaven Shall Burn were blown off the stage. 

I’d love to see Trivium open the Main Stage with a special one hour slot as a nod to their legendary 2005 performance. Would be a cool way of acknowledging such a massive moment in DL’s 20 year history. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Malevolence should be on the Main Stage. They spanked Manchester last night on the Trivium tour. There are very few bands who can go on after them and do it justice. Heaven Shall Burn were blown off the stage. 

I’d love to see Trivium open the Main Stage with a special one hour slot as a nod to their legendary 2005 performance. Would be a cool way of acknowledging such a massive moment in DL’s 20 year history. 

That trivium idea is grand. And to sweeten the deal…maybe a whole run through of ascendency? it’s 55 minutes long, could easily be done. 

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I think this could work. Thursday especially. If you can have Frank Carter open Reading main stage you can have Trivium open Download's.

7 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Gojira could easily go in a later announcement. 

There was a Feb announcement last time but the two one's before were both in January with nothing February.

True but I think they would be regarded as a big enough draw to try and get in the second one. 

Plus I suspect Jinjer and maybe BFMV will be on the bill and their tour is end of Feb/early March and then Lamb Of God is March. Can see those bands being in a final announcement. So would make sense to have one end of Feb first with Gojira and Halestorm and Alter Bridge and then a final one with Jinjer and Lamb Of God. 

1 hour ago, Spiral_Low said:

True but I think they would be regarded as a big enough draw to try and get in the second one. 

Plus I suspect Jinjer and maybe BFMV will be on the bill and their tour is end of Feb/early March and then Lamb Of God is March. Can see those bands being in a final announcement. So would make sense to have one end of Feb first with Gojira and Halestorm and Alter Bridge and then a final one with Jinjer and Lamb Of God. 

Well here's hoping in a weeks time and March.

• Like 1

Just had an email to say that my Ice Nine Kills date (10th March) has been pushed to the 1st June although it doesn't seem to have been announced on socials yet.

May be way off the mark but can only assume they've signed on for a few EU festival dates possibly including Download so pushing pack their tour to align with them.

3 hours ago, thewayiam said:

So unless Gojira play Thursday that is them out.

Could see them doing sub or 3rd main stage on Thursday. 

5 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

Ice Nine Kills must be playing - their rescheduled tour for June is this:

1 London O2 Kentish Town Forum
2 London O2 Kentish Town Forum
4 Manchester Academy
6 Glasgow O2 Academy
7 Bristol O2 Academy
12 Nottingham Rock City

Haha that's a pretty obvious gap.

40 minutes ago, justanothername said:

Gojira are playing in Sweden on the Thursday and Poland on the Saturday that weekend. Could either so Friday or Sunday. I don't know what people are on about here.

That's likely them out. If they are having a day space between Sweden and Poland then no chance of Download a day before or after.