Download 2023

2 hours ago, pipebomb said:

why? they only do greenfield on thursday and nova rock on friday so they can easily come on sunday at download.

They've got a page on socia media which is the verified one and where they actually do reply.

Someone said Download after people mentioned other country shows and they said a straight No.

I mean they do still have shows to sell but they could just say we've yet to be asked which would at least make people still buy tickets as it's uncertain.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

They've got a page on socia media which is the verified one and where they actually do reply.

Someone said Download after people mentioned other country shows and they said a straight No.

I mean they do still have shows to sell but they could just say we've yet to be asked which would at least make people still buy tickets as it's uncertain.

fair point. they could still just dont want to spoil it. i guess we will learn in time.

1 hour ago, pipebomb said:

fair point. they could still just dont want to spoil it. i guess we will learn in time.

Aye. They will know the tour still has loads to sell and by actually saying a flat out no it might help it.

I mean the tour is venues way bigger than it should be. Don Broco are one of those bands that even if they are doing arenas, they are not an arena band really.

Given Papa Roach are doing early summer festivals and they have a Spain date the weekend before 2000 Trees, plus later July they are back in Canada touring. They clearly aren't doing a fee dates back there and coming back to do Reading.

They are the right level band to headline Trees and maybe fancy it instead.

1 hour ago, Sugar Cane said:

Or they will play at Rock for People Sat/Sun!

Did even think of that. They could indeed be doing that Sunday.

If I had to guess I'd say Tress have got them. I'd find it odd for them not to do their own tour on an album.

They aren't going to return to Canada later July and then return one month later for Reading and they are booked for Graspop so not Puckel Pop option either.

Their tour dates lineup very heavily with doing Trees before they go home. That or Slam Dunk the weekend before RAR which would be ace.

Edited by thewayiam

56 minutes ago, pipebomb said:

i want arch enemy pantera and amon amarth to be added. the last 2 are difficult based on their festival schedule.

The word from leakers on the forums is that currently Pantera are not booked to play.

I would love Amon Amarth and Arch Enemy. With all the festivals they are doing I'm hopeful.

On 12/17/2022 at 2:32 PM, thewayiam said:

Aye. They will know the tour still has loads to sell and by actually saying a flat out no it might help it.

I mean the tour is venues way bigger than it should be. Don Broco are one of those bands that even if they are doing arenas, they are not an arena band really.

Given Papa Roach are doing early summer festivals and they have a Spain date the weekend before 2000 Trees, plus later July they are back in Canada touring. They clearly aren't doing a fee dates back there and coming back to do Reading.

They are the right level band to headline Trees and maybe fancy it instead.

I’d love Papa Roach headlining 2000 Trees. Would be such a good time. 

16 minutes ago, JimMacVeigh said:

I’d love Papa Roach headlining 2000 Trees. Would be such a good time. 

Trees usually make an announcement in January with a previous one coming early on.

I'd expect a Slam Dunk announcement too. I find it odd Slam Dunk would push a gig for sales than doesn't benefit them to do now unless they benefit.

17 hours ago, thewayiam said:

That is one thing I do agree on as well. They do however comfortably fit in with Shikari and Billy Talent at Slam Dunk given they would one one of the higher up bands.

So excuse my naivety. i was there for the start of the Papa Roach journey, no i wont reveal my age hahaha, are they quite popular still / or again then? Seems quite a lot of chat on here about them? 

I know they still release stuff but just not been on my radar for years. I would enjoy seeing them for the early days stuff mind you.  

17 minutes ago, Metalhead_Moz_ said:

So excuse my naivety. i was there for the start of the Papa Roach journey, no i wont reveal my age hahaha, are they quite popular still / or again then? Seems quite a lot of chat on here about them? 

I know they still release stuff but just not been on my radar for years. I would enjoy seeing them for the early days stuff mind you.  

I like them but wouldn't say they were the most popular thing around.

53 minutes ago, LazyDavid said:

Gone through and taken out anyone already announced for Download & Slam Dunk next year, theoretically all the remaining could play at Download? Buzzing for Kings of Leon 😆

Well, "any of", not all, but wouldn't be surprised to see some overlap. 

Not much logo space left at Download 23 after Halestorm already self-confirmed. Could also mean Alter Bridge are on the bill as they were on tour here together with tickets to sell at the time, so not featured in wave one. Forum leaker says Lamb of God were booked but their UK dates have all shifted (again) so who knows what's going on there.