Download 2023

42 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Buttloads more in that Graspop announcement. Leaker hinted that "quite a few" will be at Download with a winky face although anyone could guess that - just remains to be seen who.

https://www.graspop.be/en/news/103-bands-confirmed-for-gmm23

Yeah, there's tonnes there I would like to see at DL. Hoping we get Watain headlining the Dogtooth. 

Given Rancid at Rockfest in Finland on 8th June and then nothing until 15th in Spain at the minute. I reckon Download have got them. There is a bit of a gap between their last June date to 2000 Trees to hang around for currently, nearly two weeks.

So I'd like Rancid, Hollywood Undead, Papa Roach, Skindred, The Menzingers. 

I already have a few anyway but on the whole Graspop is generally too heavy for me much like Hellfest.

9 hours ago, Tyyyyx said:

First post after years of reading this forum but can anyone give me info on day tickets this year??

It was March this year for 2022 tickets so expect about the same, we still need to have a bunch more acts and the day splits so people know which days they actually want to go. 

18 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Spiritbox will probably get a better spot at this, but I very much hope they don't and turn up at Slam Dunk.

Played this year so the chances of them returning are gutted, just not impossible

10 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Playing two years in a row to move into a higher slot is fairly common, is it not?

Far as I know I wouldn't call it common, no, wouldn't rule it out either though, just unlikely. Two year gap far more likely. 

Not saying they shouldn't. Malevolence should play annual until they're a logo act frankly. 

Edited by BenG92

3 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Far as I know I wouldn't call it common, no, wouldn't rule it out either though, just unlikely. Two year gap far more likely. 

Not saying they shouldn't. Malevolence should play annual until they're a logo act frankly. 

Malev should play higher this year for sure after the crowd they pulled on Second this year but they’re at Slam Dunk and when I spoke to Josh and Wilkie a few weeks ago they said they aren’t playing DL.