Download 2023

3 minutes ago, RichieCunningham said:

Tom Delonge rejoining Blink 182 and they will be doing arena tours apparently. Maybe not big enough to headline the main stage now. But headline 2nd? 

Blink-182 with Tom are more than big enough to headline. More than big enough. 

Edited by Andre91

1 hour ago, Sparticus said:

Agreed, blink sell big tours in the UK, but it will be 2024. They always tour the US first, and seem to fit uk/Europe dates around a festival run in the summer. 

Would be good to see them headline in 2024. Although them, slipknot, Metallica and BMTH in 2023 would give good variety in the headliners. Something for all. 

Electric Callboy third down main. Who says no?

Metallica // Alter Bridge // Gojira  (Second: Halestorm)

BMTH // Architects // Electric Callboy (Second: Lamb of God)

Metallica // Ghost // Papa Roach (Second: Pendulum)

Slipknot // Parkway Drive // Trivium (Second: Don Broco)

Double Metallica would be good, maybe they they will do black album in full or something equally entertaining. 

Hoping for SOAD although when they played wembley in 2015 it was 1000% better than download 2011. 

I just  dont want  another year of def lep and Aerosmith drivel. Slipknot is equally repetitive but would rather them over Def lep or Aerosmith. 

I thought Rammstein were rumoured to play Wembley stadium but maybe i read wrong info, which i think would be absolutely epic and a good reason not to play download. I think seeing them at download 2016(?) was so disappointing because the rain knackard all the speakers and didn't see very Rammstein at all, maybe left a sour taste in their mouth. 

I didnt go download this year, first time in 13 years (apart from 2018). Can anyone comment on if the relocation of the village / campsite was decent?

Going from campsite to arena was the bane of my life in previous years. Having to decide between an extra beer at camp or seeing a band im not 100% bothered about (maybe know like 1 or 2 songs) after an hour walk was a decision ive had to make too often.  

On 10/7/2022 at 3:38 PM, Andre91 said:

It’s Metallica / BMTH / Metallica / ??? (Likely Slipknot).

Maybe Def lep + motley crue

I really hope its not slipknot, theyve headlined 4 times in less than 15 years. Literally every 3/4 years on rotation. Boring. Everyone and their nan must have seen them by now

3 hours ago, skillfulperson said:

I really hope its not slipknot, theyve headlined 4 times in less than 15 years. Literally every 3/4 years on rotation. Boring. Everyone and their nan must have seen them by now

Considering Downloads lack of available headliners in general I think they’ll continue to get Slipknot every opportunity they can until they disband. Guaranteed crowd pleaser and guaranteed good show. 

4 hours ago, skillfulperson said:

Def Leppard 3 times in the last 13 years isn't exactly much better. Also been touring something like 15 years longer so people really do have nans that have been to see them. 

7 hours ago, skillfulperson said:

Rather have Slipknot than Def Leppard