Lawnmower Deth, Despised Icon,
Barbarian Hermit

Russian Circles,
Wolves in the Throne Room,
Pijn,

Carpenter Brut,
Pig Destroyer, Pallbearer,
Bill Roache DJ Set

One of the best I've seen I think, and some dodgy placements aside not TOO unrealistic. 

That clash hell on Sunday would tear me apart, genuinely don't know where I'd be - but I prefer that over "see Maiden or go home". 

On 9/4/2022 at 11:58 AM, The All Round Ball :| said:

I disagree. I think Foo Fighters will take a break but they will continue in the future to keep that legacy alive. Plus, we are talking about Dave Grohl. The guy is an addict to playing music. Again, defo a huge break to spend time with family and friends but I don't think it's the end of Foos.

BTW I was there last night and they did fucking great. Big up all the artists that turned up to tribute T 🙂

I don't think Foos are finished for one minute but can see them taking a break. Maybe four or five years. Can see Dave Grohl putting a solo album out in the next few years. Do some music which he couldn't really do with Foo Fighters. Probably work with Pat and Butch Vig. 

My latest guess:

Thurs:

Main - Metallica / Machine Head / Lamb Of God

No second stage

Fri:

Main - Metallica / Alter Bridge / Amon Amarth

Second - NOFX / The Distillers 

Sat:

Main - Slipknot / Pantera / Cypress Hill

Second - Halestorm / Opeth

Sun:

Main - BMTH / Parkway Drive / Architects

Second: Rob Zombie / Devin Townsend 

3 hours ago, metallimuse said:

What he said 👇

I don’t think they would ever play it but if you’re gonna get utter crap like current Biffy playing it then why not get bands like Foals. 

As I said, I don’t think they would and it’s an out there prediction as the original poster said but there’s obviously a comparison to be made there. Both big British indie artists with roots in heavier styles, obviously Biffy lean towards the heavier side and are traditionally more Download but they’re not that dissimilar. 

8 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

I don’t think they would ever play it but if you’re gonna get utter crap like current Biffy playing it then why not get bands like Foals. 

As I said, I don’t think they would and it’s an out there prediction as the original poster said but there’s obviously a comparison to be made there. Both big British indie artists with roots in heavier styles, obviously Biffy lean towards the heavier side and are traditionally more Download but they’re not that dissimilar. 

Whether you like modern Biffy material is completely subjective, whereas Foals being an indie pop band is objective fact. They are so, so far removed from what Download books, it just wouldn’t happen.

Foals have never been a heavy band in their history. They’ve always been a poppy, mathy indie band. Hell, they’re pretty much a straight up pop band these days (which they are absolutely fantastic at).

Biffy have never been an indie band. There is no comparison to be made whatsoever. 

Edited by Andre91

Yeah again I agree with @Andre91, Foals are an incredible band but they have never been a heavy band like Biffy started off as. Foals have no place being at Download and this is coming from someone who is a big fan of the band and saw (well heard rather than saw) them at Leeds Millennium Square this summer.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Superunknown said:

Biffy have played Download all their careers. They’ve risen up the lineup and achieved headline status. That’s why they play Download and that’s why they’ll continue to be booked as headliner whether you like their “utter crap” or not. Opening a can of worms here, and I’m aware it’s been argued multiple times on this forum before, but Biffy’s material on their recent two albums (TMOFHEA and ACOE) lend themselves brilliantly to Download and a big stage production and I urge you to give it those two a listen if you haven’t already. 

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Whether you like modern Biffy material is completely subjective, whereas Foals being an indie pop band is objective fact. They are so, so far removed from what Download books, it just wouldn’t happen.

Foals have never been a heavy band in their history. They’ve always been a poppy, mathy indie band. Hell, they’re pretty much a straight up pop band these days (which they are absolutely fantastic at).

Biffy have never been an indie band. There is no comparison to be made whatsoever. 

Sorry I was just trying to wind you up with the last post, I didn’t think you’d take the bait. 

Will say I’ve probably slightly overestimated Download’s willingness to book more indie-ish acts, as I saw Frank Turner and Twin Atlantic had played recently but I assume that was just due to the pilot. As I said I don’t think they’d ever actually book Foals but thought there was scope there for more bands of that ilk, mainly hypothetically under that Muse day. 

This is all a bit much for a flippant ‘why not’ comment and a lazy dig at Biffy. For the record it’s only the last two albums that have really put me off, seeing the latest album in full live pretty much killed it for me sadly. 

11 hours ago, Superunknown said:

Sorry I was just trying to wind you up with the last post, I didn’t think you’d take the bait. 

Will say I’ve probably slightly overestimated Download’s willingness to book more indie-ish acts, as I saw Frank Turner and Twin Atlantic had played recently but I assume that was just due to the pilot. As I said I don’t think they’d ever actually book Foals but thought there was scope there for more bands of that ilk, mainly hypothetically under that Muse day. 

This is all a bit much for a flippant ‘why not’ comment and a lazy dig at Biffy. For the record it’s only the last two albums that have really put me off, seeing the latest album in full live pretty much killed it for me sadly. 

I agree that more alt bands need to be booked, especially under a headliner like Biffy or Muse, just not bands like Foals. Being a big Biffy fan there was never really anything else on that day for me, and I can’t justify spending £100 to see Biffy and a bunch of bands I’m not arsed about because I can see Biffy at their own gig for £50. If they packed out that day with stuff like Nothing But Thieves, Feeder, Highly Suspect, The Amazons etc then I’d be much more willing to go on a day ticket and Biffy would have probably got a bigger crowd pulling in their own fans for the day.

Thats a shame about the last two records. If anything, for me, they’re probably up there as my favourites of their catalogue (alongside Vertigo of Bliss). But each to their own!

18 minutes ago, FeverDream said:

I agree that more alt bands need to be booked, especially under a headliner like Biffy or Muse, just not bands like Foals. Being a big Biffy fan there was never really anything else on that day for me, and I can’t justify spending £100 to see Biffy and a bunch of bands I’m not arsed about because I can see Biffy at their own gig for £50. If they packed out that day with stuff like Nothing But Thieves, Feeder, Highly Suspect, The Amazons etc then I’d be much more willing to go on a day ticket and Biffy would have probably got a bigger crowd pulling in their own fans for the day.

Thats a shame about the last two records. If anything, for me, they’re probably up there as my favourites of their catalogue (alongside Vertigo of Bliss). But each to their own!

Haha yeah I wouldn't personally advocate for them there, would be a wild booking. 

Maybe I need to give them another try, I did give ACOE a good go and enjoyed a few but besides AHIYH I just couldn't really get into the latest one. 

So I've not been following properly but is it pretty much expected that it'll be at least 2 Metallica sets and then probably BMTH and then someone unsure of, Slipknot, GNR, etc?

Just now, Superunknown said:

Haha yeah I wouldn't personally advocate for them there, would be a wild booking. 

Maybe I need to give them another try, I did give ACOE a good go and enjoyed a few but besides AHIYH I just couldn't really get into the latest one. 

So I've not been following properly but is it pretty much expected that it'll be at least 2 Metallica sets and then probably BMTH and then someone unsure of, Slipknot, GNR, etc?

Think we’re dead cert on Metallica X2 and BMTH and leaning towards Slipknot over anyone else (maybe billed as a Knotfest at Download type of thing)

• Upvote 1