Download 2023

6 hours ago, BenG92 said:

Well, "any of", not all, but wouldn't be surprised to see some overlap. 

Not much logo space left at Download 23 after Halestorm already self-confirmed. Could also mean Alter Bridge are on the bill as they were on tour here together with tickets to sell at the time, so not featured in wave one. Forum leaker says Lamb of God were booked but their UK dates have all shifted (again) so who knows what's going on there.

Halestorm, Alter Bridge and Lamb Of God all make sense as 3rd down or second stage headliners. Have we had any clarification about if Thursday is a full day on all stages? Cuz that adds several logo bands.

From the Rock AM Ring announcement hoping for Arch Enemy, Boysetsfire, Carpenter Brut, Jinjer, Gojira, NOFX and Incubus. 

1 hour ago, Spiral_Low said:

Halestorm, Alter Bridge and Lamb Of God all make sense as 3rd down or second stage headliners. Have we had any clarification about if Thursday is a full day on all stages? Cuz that adds several logo bands.

From the Rock AM Ring announcement hoping for Arch Enemy, Boysetsfire, Carpenter Brut, Jinjer, Gojira, NOFX and Incubus. 

AB won't be 3rd.

37 minutes ago, Spiral_Low said:

Second stage headliners I reckon. Especially as it seems Download have decided to no longer clash Main Sub - Second stage headliner - Main headliner (or keep any clash to a minimum). Which is good. 

If they show up they'll likely be subs to Metallica one night, 2nd stage heads are taken by Pendulum / Ghost / Evanescence / Placebo, those latter 3 all confirmed by one of the legit leakers on the official forum. Pendulum are an unknown quantity but you would imagine they'll head 2nd to play in the "dark". Or Download make the 3rd stage tent bigger and actually clash them with somebody

No official word on Thursday yet, email replies are very cagey, saying things like "4 stages across 4 days" rather than confirming there's 4 on every day. Would be safe to assume Thursday is reduced in some way due to the price, probably start much later to let people arrive

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

If they show up they'll likely be subs to Metallica one night, 2nd stage heads are taken by Pendulum / Ghost / Evanescence / Placebo, those latter 3 all confirmed by one of the legit leakers on the official forum. Pendulum are an unknown quantity but you would imagine they'll head 2nd to play in the "dark". Or Download make the 3rd stage tent bigger and actually clash them with somebody

No official word on Thursday yet, email replies are very cagey, saying things like "4 stages across 4 days" rather than confirming there's 4 on every day. Would be safe to assume Thursday is reduced in some way due to the price, probably start much later to let people arrive

Cool cheers. I should have a look more on the official forums, I've been back on there this morning but only cuz I'm off sick and in bed with this damn flu doing the rounds. 

57 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Quite possible yeah, lots of free slots where they'd go. So far I'm predicting Limp > Architects > BMTH on the Friday

I kind of suspect they may sub in 2024. It's noticeable Korn haven't done any of their own dates in the UK on their new album tour, just Download. So I reckon they either do an arena tour or come back and headline in 2024 with LB subbing. 

1 minute ago, Spiral_Low said:

I kind of suspect they may sub in 2024. It's noticeable Korn haven't done any of their own dates in the UK on their new album tour, just Download. So I reckon they either do an arena tour or come back and headline in 2024 with LB subbing. 

LB aren't big enough to sub, firmly 2nd stage headliners or third down. And at this point I doubt Korn will ever get the bump-up, also they only just subbed this year so pretty unlikely.

That said, Limp Bizkit > Korn > RATM would go down a storm. 

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

LB aren't big enough to sub, firmly 2nd stage headliners or third down. And at this point I doubt Korn will ever get the bump-up, also they only just subbed this year so pretty unlikely.

Yeah the only way Limp Bizkit look like they can do bigger slots is when they do a joint headline tour. For what it's worth, Korn is the worst act they could tour with for me.

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

Limp Bizkit may not be big enough based on the size of venue they play themselves but they always get massive crowds at festivals.

22 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Limp Bizkit may not be big enough based on the size of venue they play themselves but they always get massive crowds at festivals.

Aye it's always a weird one, pretty sure Korn got a bigger crowd than Biffy this year but the days of Korn headlining still seem to have passed them by

1 hour ago, Spiral_Low said:

I think Korn are gonna headline for that exact reason - bigger crowd than Biffy proving they will draw people in. 

That’s not how it works though, KoRn have been getting bigger crowds than headliners for two decades and yet have never made a jump to headliner because those people who fill the field at Download don’t show up to KoRn tours or buy their albums.

If even 25% of the people who watched KoRn at Download bought their new album they would probably be a headliner but the people in that field only care about KoRn 1 weekend a year

12 hours ago, King101 said:

That’s not how it works though, KoRn have been getting bigger crowds than headliners for two decades and yet have never made a jump to headliner because those people who fill the field at Download don’t show up to KoRn tours or buy their albums.

If even 25% of the people who watched KoRn at Download bought their new album they would probably be a headliner but the people in that field only care about KoRn 1 weekend a year

Yeah sadly I think this is pretty much the case, they might have had a big crowd from punters already there, but it may be that Biffy actually shift more tickets by being on the bill. Much like Tool in '19 where half the field didn't know who they were and half the field went specifically for them

21 hours ago, 2loor2iller said:

We’re not actually expecting MGK to show up are we? I don’t think he’d accept anything less than sub, or maybe even headliner, at this point, and I don’t think a Download crowd would be very receptive to him, but maybe that’s me doubting how much his shitty music has crossed over to a pop/punk crowd. 

Yeah I can’t see Download giving him the slot he’d want. Think he’s much more likely for a headline slot at R&L in 2024. Seems to be doing a few cross genre festivals like Mad Cool so think R&L is more on his radar (plus what he said about it at his own gig this year).

1 hour ago, FeverDream said:

Yeah I can’t see Download giving him the slot he’d want. Think he’s much more likely for a headline slot at R&L in 2024. Seems to be doing a few cross genre festivals like Mad Cool so think R&L is more on his radar (plus what he said about it at his own gig this year).

He’s doing Hellfest and Rock AM Ring so I really don’t think it’s out of the question, it’s whether or not he’ll accept the spot he’d be given 

1 hour ago, callum97 said:

He’s doing Hellfest and Rock AM Ring so I really don’t think it’s out of the question, it’s whether or not he’ll accept the spot he’d be given 

He’s subbing Sum 41 on the 2nd stage at Hellfest, I could see him accepting a 3rd down hour slot at Download to be honest, he’s played Download before as well in 2017 when he had 0 pop punk behind him 3rd down on the 2nd stage, love him or hate him he’ll put on hell of a show.

Edited by Swansea93

1 hour ago, Swansea93 said:

He’s subbing Sum 41 on the 2nd stage at Hellfest, I could see him accepting a 3rd down hour slot at Download to be honest, he’s played Download before as well in 2017 when he had 0 pop punk behind him 3rd down on the 2nd stage, love him or hate him he’ll put on hell of a show.

I agree! He would get an hour in that spot at Download so I’m half convinced he’s been booked - especially as he’s playing Hellfest! I think it would be a great booking for Download