news & politics:discussion

zahidf

4 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Fewer than one in 10 British police officers found to have potentially committed gross misconduct by the watchdog are dismissed, the Guardian can reveal.

Mostquitbeforethey can be sacked to protect their pension.

4 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

Confused...  Did they or didn't they ?  It matters....

14 hours ago, Haan said:

we will never know cause the police just brush these things under the carpet following nonsense "internal investigations". These lot are never held to proper account unless they're literally neo-Nazis or murder someone 

It’s not just the met! This is a disgrace and should end a few police careers (at least) but it won’t. 

OK, if that’s not enough then what about this shit show. And Priti Patel’s response is to give her full support to the police and condemn the people that employ her lemon sucking face.

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

We can be get shit of an idea of what Corbyn would have done to deal with covid if was pm. Hes against covid passporrt.ands siding with the Tory death group.

The same COVID passports that Starmer was criticising yesterday? I don't think you can take much from that.

1 hour ago, mcshed said:

The same COVID passports that Starmer was criticising yesterday? I don't think you can take much from that.

Corbyn wouldn't have been all about saving lives as the first thing which is what I've seen some people claim because vacine passports are about that.

Edited by eFestivals

33 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Corbyn wouldn't have been all about saving lives as the first thing which is what I've seen some people claim because vacine passports are about that.

So you are continuing an imaginary argument with nebulous persons about how Corbyn would have handled the pandemic? I don't think opposing vaccine passports when the vaccine program has been so successful is quite the hammer blow you think it is, but I know there is no use in talking to you where Corbyn is concerned.

2 minutes ago, mcshed said:

So you are continuing an imaginary argument with nebulous persons about how Corbyn would have handled the pandemic? I don't think opposing vaccine passports when the vaccine program has been so successful is quite the hammer blow you think it is, but I know there is no use in talking to you where Corbyn is concerned.

I tell you one thing, if the number of deaths in this country had been same under Corbyn as it has been under Johnson he'd probably be in prison by now.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

vaccine passports are more about helping businesses? You'd think that Corbyn would have had more state intervention and followed science more, but we'll never know. He's probably more against vaccine passports just because of the further divisions it creates. Anyway, we'll never know. I think it would have still been pretty bad, but maybe in a different way...waves at different times...maybe more social unrest...maybe more chaos....maybe fewer deaths.

The one big difference if Corbyn had been PM may have been vaccines too...we might have been under the EU procurement and regulation thing...or even if not we might not have gone so quickly and so agressively early on at sorting out vaccine contracts etc....but we still would have had the same NHS structure to roll them out...and we might have actually had more state help for Oxford/AZ to get moving...

I love these hyoptheticals as you can just say any old shit.

11 minutes ago, mcshed said:

I've seen a few People say Corbyn would have handled it better than Spaffer without. Corbyn indicating where his thought are it's hard to know. Vaccine passports are about creating the safest indoor spaces that we can.

14 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I've seen a few People say Corbyn would have handled it better than Spaffer without. Corbyn indicating where his thought are it's hard to know. Vaccine passports are about creating the safest indoor spaces that we can.

Cool.

19 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

The one big difference if Corbyn had been PM may have been vaccines too...we might have been under the EU procurement and regulation thing...or even if not we might not have gone so quickly and so agressively early on at sorting out vaccine contracts etc....but we still would have had the same NHS structure to roll them out...and we might have actually had more state help for Oxford/AZ to get moving...

I love these hyoptheticals as you can just say any old shit.

If things were different they'd be different, if we'd stayed in the EMA then the European vaccine response might have been much better, if the same advice had been followed with the full heft of the EU behind it we might all be in a better position. As you say you can play this game all day long, I don't know if Corbyn would have been significantly better, it would have been hard to be much worse over the first few months and over Christmas. I think Neil's point about vaccine passports is silly but he's hardly famed for clear-sightedness where Corbyn is concerned.

I'd much prefer Corbyn handling the recovery than Johnson, the long term effects of COVID will be huge and it'd be nice to have a government that was ensuring that the costs of that fall on those with the broadest shoulders the most. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Corbyn might not have sorted vacconesaswell but the evidence suggests that the public wouldn't have been better protected from death if that was the case he'd be in favour of maximum oorotection now wirh vaccine passoorts ansmnd not siding with the tory death group. 

Cool.

26 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Corbyn might not have sorted vacconesaswell but the evidence suggests that the public wouldn't have been better protected from death if that was the case he'd be in favour of maximum oorotection now wirh vaccine passoorts ansmnd not siding with the tory death group. 

maximum oorotection?

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

They have been working on vaccine passports for years, well before Covid came about, they have nothing to do with safety. Care to show me ANY scientific justification for their introduction? They are entirely about control and monitoring the population.

39 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

They have been working on vaccine passports for years, well before Covid came about, they have nothing to do with safety. Care to show me ANY scientific justification for their introduction? They are entirely about control and monitoring the population.

That's right.  I've started deliberately catching myself in my flies every time I go for a piss.  Irrational behaviour confuses "their" filing systems.