2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

When it gets down to the second line I start recognising people less and less - but the top lines and all three days are pretty stacked. Post Malone, Halsey, Doja Cat, Tame Impala, Megan, Jack Harlow, Pheobe are some of the trendiest bookings going right now.

Not for me but I recognise how that sells tickets.

Its a US festival most of the smaller names are US bands that are unheard of here. I recognise a decent amount and if i asked some of my american friends about this would probably be lapping it up honestly

I beg Kendrick gets announced. Listened to his back catalogue a lot the past month, was my one pyramid headliner of the year for 2020. The set will be seriously epic. If he isn't playing I'll be absolutely gutted. Hopefully Neils info is correct.

Hope we get something soon, hate seeing this thread dry up for more than a few days.

8 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I beg Kendrick gets announced. Listened to his back catalogue a lot the past month, was my one pyramid headliner of the year for 2020. The set will be seriously epic. If he isn't playing I'll be absolutely gutted. Hopefully Neils info is correct.

Hope we get something soon, hate seeing this thread dry up for more than a few days.

It might resurrect if Coachella drops tomorrow and he’s on it.

9 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

We run on Coachella time, which is whenever they feel like it. The normal assumed day would be tomorrow but things can change. Do not be surprised if its delayed, and you know why.

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

There is no pattern but they usually drop the poster first week of Jan. Last few years it has been the first working Monday of the year. 

sounds good thank you. any expected time?

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Yep, at the wrong time.

Btw, Glasto mightve lost some luster with the Billie booking. Supposedly Coachella has her now too. So much for an exclusive if thats true.

Still would be European/everywhere but America festival exclusive. Does anyone really care if she's headlining an American festival? Not like she's headlining Werchter/Mad Cool/NOS Alive so its still a feat aye?

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Yep, at the wrong time.

Btw, Glasto mightve lost some luster with the Billie booking. Supposedly Coachella has her now too. So much for an exclusive if thats true.

Not really. I think the two most famous festivals sharing one of the biggest acts on the planet is a natural situation. I'd even argue that there's power in announcing first but it all evens out. I made a similar point a while back to suggest that Coachella might do the same with Kendrick Lamar and that it might be the catalyst for him announcing further dates...at a later date, maybe including Glastonbury. So not an exclusive booking as such, more exclusivity on the announcement. Just a theory. But either way, I don't think another festival having Billie diminishes Glastonbury's booking, especially if that festival is Coachella. 

31 minutes ago, sisco said:

Glastonbury doesn’t do exclusives

Yet for some reason Billie was only at Glasto for her whole  euro tour and this forum was happy that nobody else was able to nab her. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

lets rephrase, the fest lost one unique bit it had to its top 3. And at least youll get a preview of what she does to a an even larger crowd in comparison to the other fests she just performed at. 

Edited by Suprefan

4 hours ago, Suprefan said:

The Rosklide guy said it was a European festival exclusive booking (which still stands). I don’t think we cared that whether she was at US festivals or not.

So the headliners are Rage, Billie, Ye?

Kendrick man where the FUCK are you? I’m getting very worried now.

2 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Yet for some reason Billie was only at Glasto for her whole  euro tour and this forum was happy that nobody else was able to nab her. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

lets rephrase, the fest lost one unique bit it had.

What on earth are you on about? You’ve not seen the full lineup how can you make that statement?

Also how far fetched to say Glastonbury should hang their heads in shame because one headliner is playing a festival in America?

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

If Kendrick isn’t on Coachellas lineup then yet again I have no idea what is going on. Kendrick being held as a GV exclusive was my last prediction as to why nothing for him has surfaced yet…

It’s starting to get a bit vexing that the three most likely candidates for the last two slots still have absolutely fuck all announced between them. Something has to give soon.

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

It’s starting to get a bit vexing that the three most likely candidates for the last two slots still have absolutely fuck all announced between them. Something has to give soon.

Supposedly Billie was roped in last minute for Coachella (according to a leaker) and it goes against GV’s radius clause so there is some accommodating going on.

Considering Kendrick played an event recently and has no dates announced, if he wasn’t on the table as an option for Coachella I simply think he isn’t around. If he’s not around to play a show in April (local to where he lives) I don’t get why he would be available for one in June.

I trust Neil but I am getting rather concerned now that we are being led down a slightly wrong path. Perhaps last summer it looked like Paul and Kendrick were locked in but they didn’t end up confirming the shows?

Edited by Matt42

46 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

The Rosklide guy said it was a European festival exclusive booking (which still stands). I don’t think we cared that whether she was at US festivals or not.

So the headliners are Rage, Billie, Ye?

Kendrick man where the FUCK are you? I’m getting very worried now.

Where rage come from ?