Record Store Day 2020

Punksnotdead

4 hours ago, dondo said:

Very slick at Jumbo in Leeds. Had a slot noon to 1pm and was number 1 in that hour. Went in and they had my stuff waiting for me. Got all bar 2 of what I wanted- missed out on the Cure and BMX Bandits. So will try online tonight 

Just checked online & my local still has both Cure albums. Try Badlands, Cheltenham if you can't get it elsewhere. No BMX Bandits sadly.

25 minutes ago, dondo said:

Got BMX Bandits and Cure online so happy. Forgot I was after one of the Bowie ones which Jumbo didn't have but decided against that as spent enough already 

Ended up getting the Bowie one too after all! 

It took me over an hour to get my purchases through Banquet. I haven't had a confirmation email but I've had a PayPal receipt and it is showing on my orders.

The Banquet site started flying after 7.10pm, probably as people gave up! Absolute nightmare.

50 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Any suggestions for where I can get the Denzel Curry 7"? Banquet and Rough Trade are dead 

Banquet are sold out, Rough Trade still have it but the sites down like you said. Just keep checking it. 🤞

2 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

It took me over an hour to get my purchases through Banquet. I haven't had a confirmation email but I've had a PayPal receipt and it is showing on my orders.

The Banquet site started flying after 7.10pm, probably as people gave up! Absolute nightmare.

Gave up on the rough trade site 'cos of the same problem. Probably just as well given the amount I've spent today! 

Once the rum kicks in tonight I wouldn't be surprised if I do some drunken spending later though!

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

Now I’ve just splurged another £25 + postage on The Pogues. Step away from the internet. 

Well worth it mate - my best purchase of the day! Has there ever been a better example of a sweary verse than on Boys from the county hell:

"At the time I was working for a landlord, and he was the meanest bastard that you have ever seen, and to lose a single penny would grieve him awful sore, and he was a miserable bollox and a bitches, bastards, whore".

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

Well worth it mate - my best purchase of the day! Has there ever been a better example of a sweary verse than on Boys from the county hell:

"At the time I was working for a landlord, and he was the meanest bastard that you have ever seen, and to lose a single penny would grieve him awful sore, and he was a miserable bollox and a bitches, bastards, whore".

Good to hear it was worth it. Got all their stuff on CD but only IISFFGWG on vinyl, looking forward to it arriving.

4 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Good to hear it was worth it. Got all their stuff on CD but only IISFFGWG on vinyl, looking forward to it arriving.

IISFFGWTG is great but Red Roses for me & Rum, sodomy & the lash are even better! Call it Irish folk if you want, but those are 2 of the greatest punk albums of all time!

• 4 weeks later...