When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

12 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

The truth is we have no idea how many cases a day we have that's for a plethora of reasons. People don't know they have it so don't get tested, people can't get tests, the delay in turning the results around. Factor in that some of the ONS stuff is predictions.

I'm not saying believe everything, but equally to be so distrusting of ordinary every day folk must be hard work. The people working at ONS, NHS Digital, NHS X etc... Are just ordinary people doing their job and the best they can in some very trying circumstances. 

Short of being sensible, and keeping an eye for your loved ones and people you care about there isn't really a lot you can do. 

The more you agonise over the numbers the further down the rabbit hole you go, the further down that hole you go the further you have to come out of it and the harder it will be to return to whatever the new normality is. 

I just worry about the additional stresses and strains people are putting on top of everything else.

This is everything I have been thinking so thank you for putting it into words.

My way if thinking is to try and be as normal as possible whilst still being cautious and aware if the situation. Whilst there is still much we don't know we are arguably in the better position now than in the spring where we knew very little and had little to no form of testing or tracing people, as well as being able to support people within the hospitals if they needed intensive care. I would be lying to say I wasn't still a little anxious but I'm now definitely feeling better about things becoming better in some form soon.

I agree as well about people putting extra strains and I don't think factors like social media or the general media constantly going on about it helps either, I know they're less guilty of it now but early on in lockdown when it was all we heard about it would really make me more paranoid than my own good.

2 hours ago, Ozanne said:

This made me chuckle, Jim Carrey as Joe Biden is brilliant. 

Full video is on Youtube and is probably the most relevant that SNL has managed to be since the early 90s.

22 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

That number of cases graph is looking a bit odd now ..... the scale is all messed up ....

It's ok, they'll correct it by assigning to the correct dates, that's what they've done in the past, that's why there isn't a massive drop down on the graph from that time they decided that 15% of the reported covid deaths didn't happen and wiped 6000 off the figure in 1 day.

11 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Full video is on Youtube and is probably the most relevant that SNL has managed to be since the early 90s.

It's ok, they'll correct it by assigning to the correct dates, that's what they've done in the past, that's why there isn't a massive drop down on the graph from that time they decided that 15% of the reported covid deaths didn't happen and wiped 6000 off the figure in 1 day.

Which is the right thing to do, because the need is to understand the spread of the virus not the effectiveness of reporting mechanisms.

Edited by RobertProsineckisLighter

Just now, jannybruck said:

I think we learned yesterday that keeping an eye on the daily figures is just pretty useless at this point. The 7 day average, and hospitalisations, are better to be looking at nowadays.

Yes it’s almost like guessing the daily case figure is pointless and disrespectful.