Spotify

Chrisp1986

• 1 year later...

Anyone else done the most recent Spotify update and really pissed off with how your library is organised now? The changes around artists and albums seem good but it’s become really difficult to see when podcasts I subscribe to have released new episodes. 

It also keeps glitching and leaves me stuck on podcasts and unable to switch back to playlists, unless I force close the app and restart. 

Anyone? 

38 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

Anyone else done the most recent Spotify update and really pissed off with how your library is organised now? The changes around artists and albums seem good but it’s become really difficult to see when podcasts I subscribe to have released new episodes. 

It also keeps glitching and leaves me stuck on podcasts and unable to switch back to playlists, unless I force close the app and restart. 

Anyone? 

Yeah new Spotify update is total bullshit.

Is there any way to not put a playlist into your history?

I listen to their sleep playlist all night most nights. But it really fucks up my suggestions 

why can’t they make all those lists podcasts?  My year wrapped makes somnolent listening 

2 hours ago, tarw said:

Is there any way to not put a playlist into your history?

I listen to their sleep playlist all night most nights. But it really fucks up my suggestions 

why can’t they make all those lists podcasts?  My year wrapped makes somnolent listening 

There are sleep podcasts available that are quite good, especially for ambient noise. 

my wrapped this year is going to be ducked because I played Ain’t nobody but the babe by Emmy Lou Harris 1700 times to put my daughter to sleep, before I decided to get an old phone and create her a Spotify account on our family plan 

2 hours ago, blutarsky said:

There are sleep podcasts available that are quite good, especially for ambient noise. 

my wrapped this year is going to be ducked because I played Ain’t nobody but the babe by Emmy Lou Harris 1700 times to put my daughter to sleep, before I decided to get an old phone and create her a Spotify account on our family plan 

The only sleep podcasts I’ve tried are creepy Australians trying to hypnotise me. And I don’t trust them!!!!!!

If you're a subscriber then Headspace has lots of sleep options, everything from music to soundscapes.

BBC Sounds has some good stuff for free.  Their Mindful Mix programmes are good, there's one that gets released fairly regularly that is a playlist of chilled tunes interspersed with the shipping forecast. Love that one.

Sleepiest is a good app too. I use it and it will also track your sleep if you want. The free options are pretty good. 

This podcast is decent. I downloaded the ‘gentle waves on the dock’ and used that for a while. 
https://open.spotify.com/show/08OoufgDXbghIZdJsM5dtm?si=WiP3uWx9Tr2gqPAYLLd1fw

On 5/23/2021 at 9:07 AM, blutarsky said:

Weirdly it's still easy to find new episodes if you use the mobile app rather than the desktop. Go into your podcasts and there's a playlist called 'new episodes' which is how they used to be presented. And of course you can control your desktop Spotify with the mobile app using Spotify connect.

On 5/23/2021 at 9:27 AM, The Nal said:

Have binned Spotify for Tidal. Much better sound quality. Also only 2 quid a month if you sign up via a Turkey with a VPN.

Likewise I largely use Tidal now for the much improved sound quality, although it is much less user friendly than Spotify, some artists aren't on there (Neil Young), has fewer playlists, podcasts etc.

Spotify are supposedly bringing out a HiFi version this year, which hopefully will bring us the best of both worlds: https://thenextweb.com/news/spotify-hifi-announcement-tidal-peed-pants-music-streaming-analysis

59 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Spotify are supposedly bringing out a HiFi version this year, which hopefully will bring us the best of both worlds: https://thenextweb.com/news/spotify-hifi-announcement-tidal-peed-pants-music-streaming-analysis

With a price hike involved Id imagine. Theres not a huge difference between 320kbps and lossless. The Masters though, thats different 

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Weirdly it's still easy to find new episodes if you use the mobile app rather than the desktop. Go into your podcasts and there's a playlist called 'new episodes' which is how they used to be presented. And of course you can control your desktop Spotify with the mobile app using Spotify connect.

Likewise I largely use Tidal now for the much improved sound quality, although it is much less user friendly than Spotify, some artists aren't on there (Neil Young), has fewer playlists, podcasts etc.

I find the new episodes feature on mobile isn’t very good - episodes aren’t popping up until a few days after they are actually uploaded. On a day I know there’ll be an episode of a podcast I listen to released, I am having to manually search for it. 

In terms of sound quality, I’m not sure I have an ear well-trained enough to justify switching provider for it. 

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

If youd like to listen to the tunes that are getting my head thru hospital search Spotify for a plaaylist called rehab I've just disassociated it from my profile so I'm not sure how it will display FYI it's not chocker full of reggae surprisingly. A good mix of tunes and acts. 

and heres the link to the playlist

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7FsDm3ViOh4bLqFfFTMdd6?si=bd6c580e705c447d

• 3 weeks later...