Beans On Toast

Chrisp1986

28 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Is that the drunk folk stories book? Just seen it on amazon 

Great book, fantastic story in there too on his recollection of Glastonbury and his yearly ritual of going to the Tiny Tea tent. 

I'm seeing him in Newcastle in Feb which will be a nice little early Glasto warm up. 

On 11/18/2019 at 8:38 AM, Ayrshire Chris said:

Is that the drunk folk stories book? Just seen it on amazon 

Yep, I've loved Beans for a while and bought his book last year at Bestival. I've read it so many times. I wish he would write another one, theres so much in there that I wasnt aware of. 

7 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Yep, I've loved Beans for a while and bought his book last year at Bestival. I've read it so many times. I wish he would write another one, theres so much in there that I wasnt aware of. 

On my xmas  list I’ve been hinting to anyone who will listen. If not I will get it myself

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

On my xmas  list I’ve been hinting to anyone who will listen. If not I will get it myself

I'm excited for you to read it. I went camping straight after Bestival and literally didn't leave the tent til I'd finished it. He's had such an interesting life.

• Upvote 1

Love Beans. Genuinely talented, but also humble with a tangible connection to his audience.

I agree he needs a louder voice, though. Greenpeace last year was way too small for him. He deserves bigger at this point.

Also, this never fails to make me misty eyed:

Edited by kalifire

21 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

I'm excited for you to read it. I went camping straight after Bestival and literally didn't leave the tent til I'd finished it. He's had such an interesting life.

Sod it, can’t wait until Xmas in the hope someone buys me it so I ordered it on amazon and it arrives tomorrow! You did a good job selling his book to me!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Sod it, can’t wait until Xmas in the hope someone buys me it so I ordered it on amazon and it arrives tomorrow! You did a good job selling his book to me!

Let me know what you think. Honestly I had no idea he was involved in so much prior to becoming Beans.

On 11/22/2019 at 10:10 AM, Curlygirl said:

Yep, I've loved Beans for a while.....

This is playing down your stalker status a little. 

On 11/22/2019 at 10:42 AM, kalifire said:

Love Beans. Genuinely talented, but also humble with a tangible connection to his audience.

I agree he needs a louder voice, though. Greenpeace last year was way too small for him. He deserves bigger at this point.

Not a dry eye in the house.

On 11/22/2019 at 11:42 AM, kalifire said:

He was on Avalon too. That's where I saw him, have up trying to get anywhere near the Greenpeace stage

On 11/17/2019 at 5:18 PM, Chrisp1986 said:

Yep, 3 times. Let yourself go when you see them and you have fun!

think he does Ynot pretty much every year, I remember first time seeing him there with my then girlfriend who didn't get him at all (which is totally understabndable) but god she was horrified that I could enjoy him

7 hours ago, Kinkyinuit said:

I bought a copy for my mate but have given in and started reading it and its bloody lovely so far. He has such a natural writing style so it's an easy, fun read

I can actually hear his voice as I read it. It's just like he's stood on stage telling you a story.

4 hours ago, Barnabylike said:

Really hope he opens the Pyramid Stage next year.

That’s pretty unlikely, an Abba tribute band one year and beans the next?  Can’t see it.  Probably a few gigs, Avalon, left field etc. Back on green peace on Thursday would be nice.  Maybe a park stage appearance? Reckon he would get a decent crowd there. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...