Volunteering 2020

DJL

32 minutes ago, el decimato said:

follow up question! is it first come first served a la oxfam? I'm under the impression you apply then they review all applications... but the guidance seems to suggest otherwise. 

Fest staff isn’t £500 it’s £240 I think for Glastonbury and you have to choose a second festival with it or the deposit won’t be returned you won’t be charged extra for the second festival. Oxfam is full and I honestly can’t see anyone dropping out this year judging by what I’ve read on forums and the fb groups everyone is still trying to get spots for their friends who missed out :( I don’t know if it’s first come first served for fest staff think just be quick at 10am and then they choose you based on your profile.

Edited by Kats1891

13 minutes ago, Kats1891 said:

Oxfam is full and I honestly can’t see anyone dropping out this year

I'd be surprised if there's not a decent number of places come available, just because of the huge numbers involved. Especially as a fair few people who've secured places will also be trying in the resale, and so if any of them are successful then those places will be given back.

14 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

Oxfam will have places after the resale 

Oxfam may have places after the resale, remember Oxfam over subscribe to account for drop outs, but after the resale is the most likely time and everyone on these forums who wants a ticket will get lucky in the resale.............. I have faith

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

Oxfam will have places after the resale 

I think you are correct but I don't want to leave it that late, just in case.

So, after much consideration, after failing with Shelter and not liking the fact that it's just a private company, not a charitable cause, I think I'm gonna go for Festaff and do Sundown festival with them too.

You can cancel Festaff up to 5 weeks before so I think that would work out OK if Oxfam comes back up again.

Quick question re Feststaff

Their website says Invitations to apply will be sent out to those who qualify to apply. Invites are for named person only. You must select a sister event to partner your Glastonbury 2020 application. This must be chosen when you apply for Glastonbury.

So that means you need to wait from an email from them on Sunday with a link? Or just log on to their website Sunday morning early?

40 minutes ago, DJL said:

Thank you, submitted my CV and I am on the waiting list, fingers crossed!

I don't want to get your hopes up but I get the impression that places weren't snapped up and that the reserve list might not be that long. I may be wrong though. I still haven't decided whether to take up my offer. On hols at the mo so will look into it when I'm back. 

6 minutes ago, Kats1891 said:

With all the issues with shelter I finally got my space on the waitlist has anyone else? It came into my junk mail so happy hope everyone else who had the issues with them manage to bag a spot x

Do you mean you are on the waitlist or you've got a confirmed space?

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

Do you mean you are on the waitlist or you've got a confirmed space?

I got a space on the wait list email from them in my junk folder at about 12pm saying spaces available please pay through our donation page and this will act as a deposit :) you might have it check your junk folder I’m guessing I was further up on the waitlist then I thought I did send them dozens of emails though after they told me I had lost my spot due to the error maybe that helped fingers crossed for you and everyone else x

2 minutes ago, Kats1891 said:

I got a space on the wait list email from them in my junk folder at about 12pm saying spaces available please pay through our donation page and this will act as a deposit :) you might have it check your junk folder I’m guessing I was further up on the waitlist then I thought I did send them dozens of emails though after they told me I had lost my spot due to the error maybe that helped fingers crossed for you and everyone else x

Ah congrats... no email for me!

2 minutes ago, stutheblue said:

Just got my email, I'm on the reserve list for Poo Crew, anybody else in this position?

A backup poo cleaner! The things we do for this festival 🤣🤣