Volunteering 2020

DJL

19 minutes ago, SunnyDays10 said:

Why? I had that same feeling after if kept rejecting my payment 😞

Well this was a panic situation.
I had originally selected RunFestRun as the sister event since it meant the least time off work, I had no commitments that weekend and it was easiest to get to.
Then when I tried to apply for Glasto and RunFest it wouldn't let me, so instead I hit CarFest South, and got my application in.

Then I thought 'why the hell didn't it let me select RunFest' as it wasn't on their list of excluded events as shown here...

image.png.ffb0e69387fe07d8e278d11eb2af81fe.png

So with applications still open I went in again and selected Glasto and it allowed me to select RunFest this time. Result..!...?
Happy days but I had now paid twice.
So I went in and cancelled the first Glasto/Carfest application.

Now I think it only let me select RunFest on the second application because I already had applied with CarFest on the first application.

Bit of a quandary. I will argue that RunFest wasn't an excluded event and I applied for it on the same transaction as my Glasto application but I doubt if they will be bothered with my begging 😢

image.png.019ecab1979f8c126a344221ae0bede6.png

Edited by Gilb
grammar

14 minutes ago, SunnyDays10 said:

Historically how difficult is it to get a Festaff place once they’ve got your deposit? Lots of rejections?

Yeah I'm interested in this- I'd assume so. The bit about "a CV might not be enough" on social makes me think if you haven't got similar experience or qualifications that it puts you at a major disadvantage. I had nothing to put in my profile extra 

16 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Well done to everyone who got through. Sounds like a bit of a clusterfuck on their part. I don't know why they make you pay a deposit before you've even been selected to attend, though. Seems a bit of an odd way of doing it.

Get some commitment otherwise they’d have thousands 

Been thinking about this whole volunteering scenario.

I reckon they should have it all nailed down BEFORE the first ticket sale rather than as a last chance saloon. Would still get the committed and would take pressure off the volunteer outfits themselves have to reject people and process all the refunds etc.

Thoughts?

4 minutes ago, Flysheet said:

I reckon they should have it all nailed down BEFORE the first ticket sale rather than as a last chance saloon. Would still get the committed and would take pressure off the volunteer outfits themselves have to reject people and process all the refunds etc.

Thoughts?

That would have made sense back in the days when the first sale was in April, but now it'd be way too far away from the festival to be practical.

You'd essentially need to allocate places in September, when operationally most agencies will still be doing admin for the previous year (as there's still festivals going on until the middle of the month). There's a good chance contracts won't yet be signed for the following year (especially not for festivals other than Glastonbury), and even if they are the operational requirements (so number of places) won't be firmed up.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Flysheet said:

Thoughts?

I've been considering this issue for a while. There's something about, not, paying money for something that has a dubious admission policy. 

2 hours ago, SunnyDays10 said:

Historically how difficult is it to get a Festaff place once they’ve got your deposit? Lots of rejections?

I applied last year, and they let me know the very next day that it has been successful. There is not a lot of historical precedent for this, as it wasn't difficult to get into Festaff last year, as long as you applied within about 90 minutes of it going live, it was easy to get a place.

This year is just crazy.

1 hour ago, Sku said:

I applied last year, and they let me know the very next day that it has been successful. There is not a lot of historical precedent for this, as it wasn't difficult to get into Festaff last year, as long as you applied within about 90 minutes of it going live, it was easy to get a place.

This year is just crazy.

What’s this ‘linking to a sister festival thing’ btw? I can’t see any way of clicking on anything to do it. We’re in for two other festivals so assuming it’s an automatic thing?

sent Festaff a message but no response, part time at present I guess.

30 minutes ago, Flysheet said:

What’s this ‘linking to a sister festival thing’ btw? I can’t see any way of clicking on anything to do it. We’re in for two other festivals so assuming it’s an automatic thing?

sent Festaff a message but no response, part time at present I guess.

On the menu page choose Apply for Festivals. On the next page, scroll down and you will see all the events.

When you click the box of your first choice festival you have to then click on one more as Feststaff ask that two events are volunteered for. With Glastonbury you can choose any other festival other than APE and BST events. Hope this helps :)

2 hours ago, Flysheet said:

Thoughts?

Deffo agree with that.  Volunteer because you believe in the organisation and are happy to promote the charity to people queuing to get in / for a shit /for some water

25 minutes ago, sime said:

On the menu page choose Apply for Festivals. On the next page, scroll down and you will see all the events.

When you click the box of your first choice festival you have to then click on one more as Feststaff ask that two events are volunteered for. With Glastonbury you can choose any other festival other than APE and BST events. Hope this helps :)

No problem there then. Was already doing Kendal and jumped on Neighbourhood this morning because it’s 1) 40 mins away 2) Only a 2 dayer 3) would give us two so priority for 2021!

6 hours ago, 4519dennis said:

Got both Glastonbury and Boomtown 

Is that for yourself? Who will you go with if successful with Festaff? A friend of mine loves Festaff - tried to convince me but I simply can't give up any additional time, I always have to be back at work by Monday.