The International Contingent

beefykoala

18 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

How quick does the queue go down when you pick the ticket up from the box office? I've thought about it before, but don't like the idea of queuing twice once I get there.

In 2017 there was nobody at the box office. Took me 2 minutes to get my ticket and then got in the queue at Gate A. I arrived at around 11am on the coach. Considering theres a bit more people that have to get their tickets this way maybe theres a wait? But i doubt itll be bad. If theyre smart they have more staff to handle the extra orders theyre accounting for. 

2 hours ago, herzzreh said:

So for international people staying at WV, it'll be park at WV using email confirmation, shuttle to PGA and then either walk or shuttle back to WV? Jesus... It'll be a nightmare.

Im taking the coach in on weds for that exact reason. Get dropped off by the box office, collect my ticket and shuttle to WV and get to my tent. 

Edited by Suprefan

3 hours ago, herzzreh said:

So for international people staying at WV, it'll be park at WV using email confirmation, shuttle to PGA and then either walk or shuttle back to WV? Jesus... It'll be a nightmare.

That's what seetickets told me. But I think it's worth waiting for the official WV info. It could be worse if we couldn't even park at WV, as there is no way to park around PGA. I am crossing my fingers they link WV and ticket info and store the tickets at WV...

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I wonder what sort of numbers will be international tickets ? A few thousand. ? It’s just a daft idea 😞 

Probably. They mightve been even better off if they had potentially allowed pickup in London at like the Seetickets office or something like that from the monday prior to the monday week of. Not like they wouldnt assume lots of people get into the country with lots of time. Then they take whatever tickets didnt get picked up and move them to the festival.

Yeah its gunna be thousands for sure. I'm a bit worried about it but hopefully it goes smoothly. 

I'm not sure if I should try to show up earlier than usual on the Wednesday or if that's when it'll be busiest. They'll definitely know how many tickets they're holding so hopefully they'll be prepared

I just wonder how much of a fuss has to be made about something in order for them to acknowledge the problem in a public manner. Maybe we should all spam the Seetickets twitter account til they give in. They really should have given a 3rd option regarding pickup. but hey, we apparently know zero about logistics.

5 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

I just wonder how much of a fuss has to be made about something in order for them to acknowledge the problem in a public manner. Maybe we should all spam the Seetickets twitter account til they give in. They really should have given a 3rd option regarding pickup. but hey, we apparently know zero about logistics.

They don’t seem to aknowledge twitter even exists either … no responses on there to any of the bus queries … it seems the only way is to use the contact button on site and get email replies 

I guess they just don't want to have tickets in their legal possessions at many different locations... I would find it lovely to have my ticket handed over by the British customs officer at the ferry's arrival in Dover. "Passport please? Ah I see your camping gear... Glastonbury? Let me get your ticket!"

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

They don’t seem to aknowledge twitter even exists either … no responses on there to any of the bus queries … it seems the only way is to use the contact button on site and get email replies 

Shame. I think the only time they might acknowledge social media is if they have a ticket shitshow on their hands when an onsale doesnt go as planned. Like didnt they acknowledge when the resale error happened to the water bottle purchases?  Even ticketmaster is really good with handling issues on socials. Theyll respond and ask to take the matter into Dm's. I mean when I got Abba Voyage tickets last year I didnt get my code in time and just replied in a twitter post and boom, response in minutes.

2 minutes ago, moogster said:

I guess they just don't want to have tickets in their legal possessions at many different locations... I would find it lovely to have my ticket handed over by the British customs officer at the ferry's arrival in Dover. "Passport please? Ah I see your camping gear... Glastonbury? Let me get your ticket!"

Like i said,  If they offered a pickup option just in London for a week and just closed that off a couple days before the festival that solves a lot of problems. They at least save themselves some stress on Weds and Thurs of everyone queueing up to pick up a ticket. It would be more complicated if they were trying to split tickets up for WV and Sticklinch along with the PGA box office. But again, seems they mightve not thought it all through.

Coachella has their box office open 2 days prior to the festival if you had to pick up tickets or credentials and its a breeze if you go before the friday. Ive had to go on the Friday to get media credentials before and the queue for regular tickets can get pretty long, but theyve had plenty of staff to help out at least. They even have Stubhub set up a location to handle anyone having issues with resale tickets.

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

I wonder what sort of numbers will be international tickets ? A few thousand. ? It’s just a daft idea 😞 

Hard to say but lots will have had tickets posted to family/friends in the UK so hopefully it won't be too hectic? That's the case for my whole group of internationals anyway

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Not a lot, 3 of us on an Irish forum sent maybe 3/4 emails each and managed to get the tickets changed for delivery to Ireland.

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Coachella has their box office open 2 days prior to the festival if you had to pick up tickets or credentials and its a breeze if you go before the friday. Ive had to go on the Friday to get media credentials before and the queue for regular tickets can get pretty long, but theyve had plenty of staff to help out at least. They even have Stubhub set up a location to handle anyone having issues with resale tickets.

I asked this in an e-mail, whether it's possible to pick up our tickets the day before (we're in the area anyway). The replied on May 16th saying "all box office information and timings will be sent to you shortly with all the information you require".

5 hours ago, moogster said:

That's what seetickets told me. But I think it's worth waiting for the official WV info. It could be worse if we couldn't even park at WV, as there is no way to park around PGA. I am crossing my fingers they link WV and ticket info and store the tickets at WV...

This would just make too much sense to actually happen.

4 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Probably. They mightve been even better off if they had potentially allowed pickup in London at like the Seetickets office or something like that from the monday prior to the monday week of. Not like they wouldnt assume lots of people get into the country with lots of time. Then they take whatever tickets didnt get picked up and move them to the festival.

In our personal case this would be horrible. We usually fly in, either stay the night around Heathrow if we arrive at night and drive the next morning or get in early, get a car and just drive straight there (usually with a Tesco stop in Andover).

4 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Again it bonkers that this hasn’t really been communicated out to people … people have had to enquire …. A simple email to all involved would save them lots of time dealing with enquiries …. 

I found out by accident. I logged in to check dispatch status and it said pick up.... Whaaaaat?!

2 hours ago, Robinn said:

I asked this in an e-mail, whether it's possible to pick up our tickets the day before (we're in the area anyway). The replied on May 16th saying "all box office information and timings will be sent to you shortly with all the information you require".

This leads me to believe that as of now, they're still figuring out what to do and don't know themselves.

Not to add horror to this thread but I was on a coach one year (I think 15) and somehow the driver didn’t have our tickets so the whole coach had to go and queue at ticket office and it took at least half an hour to get the tickets as everyone had to show id and have this checked off a list. We then had to join another queue to get in (this was probably 10am Wednesday morning) I hope they are better prepared but I think it will be shambolic 

14 minutes ago, Barneym said:

I do have a rather cool ticket somewhere without my name and photo because of it tho

Yeah, I'm getting a bit anxious now. Like, realistically they've less than 2 weeks to send the remaining tickets which, if the tracker is anywhere near accurate, they still have 60% left. This is in the knowledge that its already taken them 2 or so weeks to issue 40%. I really hope they're not having post pandemic staffing issues...

If they are and they dont issue all the standard tickets in time, they'll probably have to issue a lot more of those blank glasto tickets... and more people in the box office queue too.

Yikes, sorry for the doom and gloom!