The International Contingent

beefykoala

2 hours ago, arcade fireman said:

Guessing I'm the only person mad enough to be arriving on Qantas flight 1 from Sydney on the Tuesday morning and straight off to Glastonbury that night?

Thinking jet lag might be beneficial for the nocturnal existence there, but we shall see...

Yep, that's mad.

Better dose up on melatonin 

3 hours ago, arcade fireman said:

Guessing I'm the only person mad enough to be arriving on Qantas flight 1 from Sydney on the Tuesday morning and straight off to Glastonbury that night?

Thinking jet lag might be beneficial for the nocturnal existence there, but we shall see...

Yep. I’m off on the Friday which is crazy enough, but at least I have the weekend to get over the flight. 

Hitting the ground running may not be the craziest idea though. The jet lag may help keep you up all night! 

As far as I know I haven't. Worked from home for two years, followed the rules, no kids, haven't had anything close to a cold all this time. So either I didn't catch it, or my immune system and the vaccines did their job extremely well.

Do you mean I am at risk to be next and be a danger to you? 😞

1 hour ago, Mark H said:

Have any of you not had COVID yet? I need some confirmation bias that travelling to the other side of the world and hanging out with 200,000 people is actually going to be all good.

Yeah, I am a bit worried about catching it as well. Haven't had it yet and would hate to ruin my festival or vacation, but at this point, there's not much point in worrying too much, we're doing it. Just take the necessary precautions and wear a mask if you feel you need to. 

4 hours ago, Mark H said:

Have any of you not had COVID yet? I need some confirmation bias that travelling to the other side of the world and hanging out with 200,000 people is actually going to be all good.

I’m in the UK and seem to have avoided it as well. I have been to restaurants, gigs, on public transport but not had it. Have genuine fear of getting it before Glastonbury still but am hoping that I manage to steer clear. If I get it at Glastonbury it’ll have been worth it!

I’ve not knowingly had it either, my wife had what a few years ago would have been assumed to be the Flu, achy, fatigue, feeling generally rough as a bag of rocks, hearing issues, took her about 3 weeks to get over it, tested negative repeatedly, now I normally get every cold my wife has, I didn’t get a single sniffle, nothing, I wonder if I have had covid but I’m completely asymptomatic, I’ve had it but had no symptoms at all🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

I’ve not even had a cold for 2 1/2 years

Hi, did anyone figure out where the box office collection for international tickets is?

I checked my tracking and apparently I need to pick mine up from 'box office on the day'....no details about where that is, on what day or how to do it. 

Thanks in advance!

11 minutes ago, moki said:

Hi, did anyone figure out where the box office collection for international tickets is?

I checked my tracking and apparently I need to pick mine up from 'box office on the day'....no details about where that is, on what day or how to do it. 

Thanks in advance!

Currently it’s at gate a … there’s an email with further details due I think 

18 hours ago, Mark H said:

Thanks all, take solidarity in knowing there are others out there in the same situation. I need to calm the farm and just get excited about the trip!

Yeah, you're definitely not the only one. 

Where are you coming from?

I've started packing today. Leaving on Wednesday! 😬

4 hours ago, Calvin Klein said:

Yeah, you're definitely not the only one. 

Where are you coming from?

I've started packing today. Leaving on Wednesday! 😬

That’s so soon!!!! Excitement alert! I hope your trip goes smoothly and is COVID free 😀

I’m travelling from Wellington NZ. Leave on Thursday the 16th.

• Upvote 1

NZ government website was updated yesterday for pre departure Covid checks to come back.

A few weeks ago 31 July was set as the date the requirement was to lifted…

Now it says that date is still valid but recommends checking 1 week before flying in case something changes.

I’m taking this as a positive (pun intended 😉 )

9 hours ago, moki said:

Thanks in advance!

Next to Gate A where you get dropped off by the Coaches. It was just a little trailer, but I hope they expand it because its gonna be a few thousand people trying to get em.

And yeah, hopefully this week theres updates on the pick up and worthy view/sticklinch

On 6/2/2022 at 9:48 AM, Poorside.2 said:

Not a lot, 3 of us on an Irish forum sent maybe 3/4 emails each and managed to get the tickets changed for delivery to Ireland.

Did they arrive in Ireland were you able to track them? I'm in Dublin and wondering is it too late to ask them to post at this stage? Staying in Worthy view so the thoughts of having to shuttle to pgA and back is just a nightmare 

1 hour ago, The_Wiseman said:

Did they arrive in Ireland were you able to track them? I'm in Dublin and wondering is it too late to ask them to post at this stage? Staying in Worthy view so the thoughts of having to shuttle to pgA and back is just a nightmare 

Haven't been dispatched yet.

17 hours ago, Poorside.2 said:

Haven't been dispatched yet.

Hi! I emailed seetickets a couple of weeks ago requesting to have our tickets sent to my friend's house in London, which they agreed to do and said they'd manually update it from box office pick up to delivery. But on my booking page, nothing has changed to say its been updated. Worth me following up or is it the same for you others that've done the same? 

14 minutes ago, Barchos said:

Hi! I emailed seetickets a couple of weeks ago requesting to have our tickets sent to my friend's house in London, which they agreed to do and said they'd manually update it from box office pick up to delivery. But on my booking page, nothing has changed to say its been updated. Worth me following up or is it the same for you others that've done the same? 

Mine was updated to secure delivery, I'd get in contact if I was you

• Like 1