The International Contingent

beefykoala

53 minutes ago, Hutchmaster said:

Will be joining the International Contingent this year as I'm moving to Madrid in March! Is it still the case where they don't ship tickets internationally and you have to pick it up from box office onsite?

It looks like they'll ship to Europe this year!

• 1 month later...

Just received the Glastonbury Balance Reminder email and it says that there will be a £9.75 transaction fee for postage and packaging or box office collection for international bookings. I thought they stated that they were going to be sending the tickets out for international orders again this year? That's really disappointing if they're going to make everyone queue at the box office again this year.

1 minute ago, katie7 said:

Just received the Glastonbury Balance Reminder email and it says that there will be a £9.75 transaction fee for postage and packaging or box office collection for international bookings. I thought they stated that they were going to be sending the tickets out for international orders again this year? That's really disappointing if they're going to make everyone queue at the box office again this year.

You can do either ? 

On 1/28/2023 at 11:32 PM, Hutchmaster said:

Will be joining the International Contingent this year as I'm moving to Madrid in March! Is it still the case where they don't ship tickets internationally and you have to pick it up from box office onsite?

Welcome to the contingent! If I recall correctly, they relaxed that rule in the end, at least for people who complained about it. Others with direct experience can advise.

3 hours ago, kalifire said:

Welcome to the contingent! If I recall correctly, they relaxed that rule in the end, at least for people who complained about it. Others with direct experience can advise.

I think you are correct.  Some folks with Irish addresses were able to get them mailed last year after a bit of haggling.  This year should be better, as  EU addresses will be able to get them mailed.   

We were able to change box office collection to our friends address who lives in London (traveled through London). It was a good plan but out of 6 tickets only one arrived at his place so we still had to go through box office.. 

This time we rented a car so I'm really hoping we don't have to circle to gate A and we get get tickets some other way.. 

Not posted in here for a while, but is anyone doing an all nighter on the Sunday and flying early as possible Monday morning? I'm umming and arrhing over either leaving very early Monday or hanging around and leaving late afternoon.

Has anyone got any experience with either? Is it a total slog getting a coach after 10am?

I'd fly from Bristol. Earliest flight is 6:20am to Amsterdam and then a connecting flight. Later would be 5:30pm, also to AMS.

On 3/27/2023 at 7:06 PM, eyebrain said:

We were able to change box office collection to our friends address who lives in London (traveled through London). It was a good plan but out of 6 tickets only one arrived at his place so we still had to go through box office.. 

This time we rented a car so I'm really hoping we don't have to circle to gate A and we get get tickets some other way.. 

Heading to Glastonbury from Australia for the first time... I assume they don't post the tickets all the way here? If not, do they notify you to pick them up from the box office?

How did you get the sent to a friends address instead?

14 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Not posted in here for a while, but is anyone doing an all nighter on the Sunday and flying early as possible Monday morning? I'm umming and arrhing over either leaving very early Monday or hanging around and leaving late afternoon.

Has anyone got any experience with either? Is it a total slog getting a coach after 10am?

I'd fly from Bristol. Earliest flight is 6:20am to Amsterdam and then a connecting flight. Later would be 5:30pm, also to AMS.

I've done this most years! When I lived in London would get the 2/3am bus back to the city - miss the traffic on both ends, have a shower then sleep all day.
This year flying over from Australia and we're still getting the early bus back to London because we've got flights to Italy for post-fest comedown holiday.
Pushing through the Sunday night I've never found particularly hard and everyone just sleeps the whole bus ride back anyway.
I've left at 10/11 before and it added another 2 hours onto the journey which was rougher I thought

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bec87w said:

I've done this most years! When I lived in London would get the 2/3am bus back to the city - miss the traffic on both ends, have a shower then sleep all day.
This year flying over from Australia and we're still getting the early bus back to London because we've got flights to Italy for post-fest comedown holiday.
Pushing through the Sunday night I've never found particularly hard and everyone just sleeps the whole bus ride back anyway.
I've left at 10/11 before and it added another 2 hours onto the journey which was rougher I thought

Thanks for the reply! 

I'm veering towards getting an early coach to Heathrow if I can, or within the vicinity and flying from there, or going from Bristol and aiming for the 6am flight. It'd certainly be nice to be home by midday as opposed to nearly midnight on the Monday.

Have you found it to be busy or with long wait times when you've gotten such an early coach? The only downside I can think of is if there's tonnes of others with the same idea and I end up missing my flight.

3 hours ago, sophiemarie said:

Heading to Glastonbury from Australia for the first time... I assume they don't post the tickets all the way here? If not, do they notify you to pick them up from the box office?

I think for UK and EU residents you get your ticket dispatched to whichever address you used.

For international purchases outside these areas, you have to pick it up at the box office before you enter the festival.

I've changed my address on SeeTickets before though so that the ticket was sent to my friend's house separately and I picked it up when I flew in. I'm pretty sure you can still do this but you'll have to do it through SeeTickets not on your Glastonbury registration details.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, sophiemarie said:

The system clearly said last time that my tickets are to be collected from the box office, as I was an international customer. This time it does not say anything about this so I'm assuming I'm getting them sent to me. (I live in Europe) 

I just contacted See Tickets customer support last time and they changed it to my friends address. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, eyebrain said:

The system clearly said last time that my tickets are to be collected from the box office, as I was an international customer. This time it does not say anything about this so I'm assuming I'm getting them sent to me. (I live in Europe) 

I just contacted See Tickets customer support last time and they changed it to my friends address. 

I've got a North American address, and I got the box office pick up message when paying the balance.  If you didn't see that, I'm guessing they are getting mailed to you.

I'm rolling the dice this year, and going to do box office, rather than trying to have tickets sent to a UK address.  My reasoning is that the line up on Wednesday early afternoon wasn't super awful last year, I think like 90 minutes?   Once the tickets were collected, it allowed us to merge into the Gate A line very close to the ticket gates.  We are going on a bit earlier coach this year, and my thought is that the international box office line might be shorter than (or equal to) the regular Gate A line at that time.  Also banking on less people in the box office line, given the EU mailed tickets.

9 hours ago, BackpackFullOfWarmBeer said:

I've got a North American address, and I got the box office pick up message when paying the balance.  If you didn't see that, I'm guessing they are getting mailed to you.

I'm rolling the dice this year, and going to do box office, rather than trying to have tickets sent to a UK address.  My reasoning is that the line up on Wednesday early afternoon wasn't super awful last year, I think like 90 minutes?   Once the tickets were collected, it allowed us to merge into the Gate A line very close to the ticket gates.  We are going on a bit earlier coach this year, and my thought is that the international box office line might be shorter than (or equal to) the regular Gate A line at that time.  Also banking on less people in the box office line, given the EU mailed tickets.

Yeah, I'd echo these points. I doubt the Box Office will be that bad this year. Most EU residents will have their tickets posted, so that's probably a good 70-80% of international tickets accounted for. 

Plus, if you approach the queue with an open mind and a bottle of rum, it really ain't all that bad 😁

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, assorted said:

If getting from box office should I not bother getting a car pass? I seem to remember last year international  people that bought a car pass sometimes had to buy a 2nd one just to reach the box office. 

Nah, you won’t need a 2nd one. It’s just quite the walk from the car park to the box office, you basically have to walk back out along the road

• 3 weeks later...

Hello international contingent! We are heading to Glasto from Norway with a rented campervan that we pick up in London. Since Seetickets has a very strict definition of EU (that doesn’t include Norway) they refuse to send our tickets and campervan pass, and we need to pick them up at the box office. Anyone from last year that arrived on the Tuesday and was able to enter the festival area and pick up their tickets and campervan pass Tuesday afternoon/night? Seetickets just says to have our confirmation printed and contact the stewards to get the tickets on arrival, but for some reason I don’t imagine it will be that easy😅
Went in 2013 and 2015, and both times the tickets got sent to Norway so don’t know what changed tbh…

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2023 at 10:21 AM, Schaferhunden said:

Hello international contingent! We are heading to Glasto from Norway with a rented campervan that we pick up in London. Since Seetickets has a very strict definition of EU (that doesn’t include Norway) they refuse to send our tickets and campervan pass, and we need to pick them up at the box office. Anyone from last year that arrived on the Tuesday and was able to enter the festival area and pick up their tickets and campervan pass Tuesday afternoon/night? Seetickets just says to have our confirmation printed and contact the stewards to get the tickets on arrival, but for some reason I don’t imagine it will be that easy😅
Went in 2013 and 2015, and both times the tickets got sent to Norway so don’t know what changed tbh…

Im curious about similar. This not shipping international thing is new to me as we didn't attend last year. Hoping that we can at least get the tickets on the Tuesday in that case.

On 4/19/2023 at 3:21 PM, Schaferhunden said:

The international ticket collection is not far from the campervan fields(in glastonbury terms) if i remember correctly. we had to walk from sticklelinch but AROUND the whole festival site! I dont think you will have the same issue.
The cabin is before Ped gate C i think so you will need to park up somewhere and walk to the cabin and pick up your pass and tickets. 

I had 2 aussies with me last year and we had to trudge all the way over to collection to get their tickets. took a while!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TiZuff said:

The international ticket collection is not far from the campervan fields(in glastonbury terms) if i remember correctly. we had to walk from sticklelinch but AROUND the whole festival site! I dont think you will have the same issue.
The cabin is before Ped gate C i think so you will need to park up somewhere and walk to the cabin and pick up your pass and tickets. 

I had 2 aussies with me last year and we had to trudge all the way over to collection to get their tickets. took a while!

I think my main concern was that it wouldn’t be possible to get our tickets on the Tuesday, and then be turned away from the campervan field, but this put my mind at ease a bit. Thank you! We don’t mind a little stroll, so that’s absolutely fine. 

Wouldn't it be a better system for international ticket holders to nominate their arrival gate, so they can pick them up where they arrive, rather than long walks around the perimeter of the site? There can't be so many tickets it's impossible to do that. I just think having all tickets at PGA makes it unnecessarily awkward for anyone who isn't arriving at PGA. There has to be a better way of doing it.

4 hours ago, kalifire said:

Wouldn't it be a better system for international ticket holders to nominate their arrival gate, so they can pick them up where they arrive, rather than long walks around the perimeter of the site? There can't be so many tickets it's impossible to do that. I just think having all tickets at PGA makes it unnecessarily awkward for anyone who isn't arriving at PGA. There has to be a better way of doing it.

Well it seems they heard the complaints from last year and took the first step by sending EU tickets this year. So I'd say keep on emailing and suggesting I'd say! 

On 4/19/2023 at 3:21 PM, Schaferhunden said:

Hi, long time lurker, first time poster.

We had this exact situation last year with two of our group coming from Switzerland.
Arrived Tuesday morning, the stewards in the camper van check lines didn't know what to do, they were let through but didn't get a sticker, they got to the campervan entrance and weren't allowed in, we had to wait while they walked back to the check lines and managed to get a campervan sticker.

We spend a good amount of time on Tuesday walking around asking where they could pick up their tickets, but no one had any idea.

On Wednesday morning they had to walk all the way round the site to gate A to collect their tickets.

Hopefully this year will be different, just don't leave the camper van check line without a sticker.

• Upvote 1