The International Contingent

beefykoala

4 hours ago, kalifire said:

Not sure why - I can't find any mention of a sale, but I just bagged my flights for next June at a pretty decent price 🙂

-Insert bad joke about the  MH17 trial having just ended.-

Disclaimer:i flew with them and it was totally fine.

Great you booked!

Edited by moogster

• 4 weeks later...

Just over a week away from the first big multi-day festival here in Melbourne, the app has been released, the set times are out, and I know it's not Glasto but it's still ****ing exciting 🍻.

And yet I still find myself counting the days until we're in that field in Pilton!

5 minutes ago, Calvin Klein said:

Thank you both! still can't quite believe it 🥲

As the holder of a French passport you have all my congratulations and happiness for the joy amongst your countrymen. (I don't care about football but it's nice to have the winners rotate).

It was quite funny here, in the Netherlands: journos kept on asking the Argentinia born Dutch queen if she would support Argentina or the Dutch for their game. Of course she could only say she'd support the Orange team. But I could totally imagine her shouting in Spanish for the light blues in her palace then, and opening the champagne yesterday far from the eyes of the press 😛

• Like 1

4 hours ago, moogster said:

As the holder of a French passport you have all my congratulations and happiness for the joy amongst your countrymen. (I don't care about football but it's nice to have the winners rotate).

It was quite funny here, in the Netherlands: journos kept on asking the Argentinia born Dutch queen if she would support Argentina or the Dutch for their game. Of course she could only say she'd support the Orange team. But I could totally imagine her shouting in Spanish for the light blues in her palace then, and opening the champagne yesterday far from the eyes of the press 😛

Thanks!

The  amount of shared happiness that I've seen in the lat 24hs has been something I've never seen before. 

6 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Happy Christmas to all the international contingent, as usual we had our Xmas FaceTime call from our grandkids in New Zealand last night as they opened their pressies,   missing them but they’ve such a good life there😊

Happy Christmas Chris, and to all the international contingent ❤️

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kalifire said:

Still waiting for a Christmas package from the UK that my parents sent on November 4th. I think it may be ‘lost’ in the post. 

If it went Royal Mail it’s quite likely it’s still stuck on a floor of a depot .. lots of photos showing cages of backlogged delivery 

Well Santa delivered the GL 50 book yesterday and I'm loving it.

In international discussion news, I remember discussing in another thread the fact that the Editors are strangely popular in Belgium. I am listening today to the end of the "2000 best songs ever"  yearly countdown on the main Belgian rock radio and of course, here comes Editors. That got a chuckle out of me. HIgher than Paranoid Android.

The suspense is high: will Fleetwood Mac's The Chain keep the n.1 spot, as it took it a couple of years ago to the shock of all, getting Pearl Jam's Black out of the way?

And a Happy new year already to all of you east of here! I'm guessing NZ/AUS folks are getting ready to open the champagne now!

9 hours ago, kalifire said:

Happy new year, international contingent! 

Happy New Year from the not so international contingent. It took me 52 years to leave Birmingham, and I'm still only an hour and 15 minutes away from it. I don't know how you guys and gals do it - working / living abroad, that is. Anyway, all the best.

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

Yeah it was a bit, errr, moist yesterday, lovely sunny afternoon today though 🤷🏼‍♂️

Hope your family is ok, there are a lot of folk been hit really hard.

Yes, my daughter and kids are fine and her husband is in his office in the town. They were meant to be heading off for a break to somewhere called Bowentown.