Sziget 2020

jj200

2 hours ago, #1SzigetFan said:

So, no Eminem for R&L. He played the festival twice in the past 7 years, so it's understandable why he wasn't booked there. I think that Sziget, FM4 Frequency, Pukkelpop, maybe Lowlands, Oya / Flow / Way Out West & others will also have him.

I also think Flow already have all their headliners, unless Stormzy is playing lower down. 

Edited by On The Blend

Anyone else getting a little sick of waiting for an announcement? Or even an announcement of an announcement?

They've not posted anything on social media for four days so I feel my prediction of an announcement on Thursday (following the NME awards tomorrow evening) might be way off the mark!

14 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Anyone else getting a little sick of waiting for an announcement? Or even an announcement of an announcement?

They've not posted anything on social media for four days so I feel my prediction of an announcement on Thursday (following the NME awards tomorrow evening) might be way off the mark!

Yeah, it’s getting a little frustrating, but only because of the “give it to me now” culture we live in. The rumors kept me going for a while, but now those have dried up and it’s just getting exhausting 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

I'm pretty frustrated. Me and my mates, who have been since 2017, are unfortunately going to miss this year now. Majority of them work in the public sector and need to have annual leave sorted by the end of January - so we didn't want to gamble just booking flights and accommodation in case the lineup wasn't that impressive - we don't just have £1,000 spare to smack down on a holiday. 

I know that just a small group of us won't have a huge effect on the festival, but I would imagine we're not the only ones in this position. 

21 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

If Eminem is going to headline as many here suspect, then maybe we can expect some announcement on Monday 17th? That's the date everyone on Eminem's fan pages are waiting for. It's based on that photo he tweeted with the cryptic date of 17/2.

People have been speculating that he's announcing some form of world tour. Maybe Sziget can't announce it until after his own announcement? He's probably one of a handful of artists that have that type of pulling power. 

2 minutes ago, Tinsel19 said:

If Eminem is going to headline as many here suspect, then maybe we can expect some announcement on Monday 17th? That's the date everyone on Eminem's fan pages are waiting for. It's based on that photo he tweeted with the cryptic date of 17/2.

People have been speculating that he's announcing some form of world tour. Maybe Sziget can't announce it until after his own announcement? He's probably one of a handful of artists that have that type of pulling power. 

It’s looks certain Eminem will headline and he will want to break the news on the entire tour in one drop. Like RATM just did. Festivals will be embargoed to announce till after that.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Steve. said:

It’s looks certain Eminem will headline and he will want to break the news on the entire tour in one drop. Like RATM just did. Festivals will be embargoed to announce till after that.

So actually, by waiting for a a big announcement like Eminem, because HE wants them to, they might lose people to come to their festival, because they made other plans. I know it works like this, but it must feel bad for Sziget to know this aswell.

7 minutes ago, Steve. said:

What's curious is that if this embargo covers everyone, then where else is Eminem playing? 

Plenty of other August festivals have already announced names, so either the embargo doesn't include announcing him first or anyone with names announced doesn't have Em. 

Edited by On The Blend

9 minutes ago, Kinja said:

I don't understand why Sziget team won't even talk to the festival goers.

I wonder whether they are aware that if the say they're making an announcement next Monday then everyone will just put two and two together and start posting everywhere that Eminem's coming.

They need to control the announcement well. R&L have already had two of their three headliners self-announce this year.

59 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

I'm not saying this message of mine prompted their announcement but...…...lol

Edited by swelsbyuk
  • Upvote 2