Stone Circle

lukethekid

12 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

I was far too busy this year to do the fire logs. It was an all new giant table and magic mushrooms this year and the table set was actually only finally completed on the Tuesday night after dark!

I expect that I'll be making more log candles next year, watch this space.

When I was up at The Stone Circle I did think that the place wood have been improved by them. I hardly saw any this year.

We went by and saw the new table. Looks even better than the last one and the mushrooms were amazing. You looked deep in conversation and we were mosying and didn't want to interrupt you. Will be ordering a fire log if we get tickets. 

Ventured up there on Thursday night and couldn’t believe what I was seeing. The number of young kids in pushchairs was unreal. Someone should set a crèche up.

Also saw someone attempting the hill in a mobility scooter who needed a push from a kind group. Just all seemed really strange.

The little short arse scouser trying to intimidate anyone sat within the stones was odd as well, told him to fuck off even though I was “his brother “ apparently. 

Didn’t bother again after that. All seemed a bit shite to be honest.

11 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Usually £14 ish but do mates rates for eFesters. Cordwood by the cubic meter has rocketed in price in the last couple of years so I'd have to recalculate. Will be affordable and happyness/spend ratio is good.

Burn for 2 1/2+ hours. Sometimes 4 hours.

Definitely ordering one next time from you. How heavy are they to carry up to Stone Circle? 

Didn't bother this year walk on by da da da da da walk on by lol.. 

Hey James old son bloody lovely to see you again... Hope every thing is going smoothly me old mucker.. Landowners and estates wink wink.. 

45 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Easily carryable (light for their size as they are bone dry larch or spruce) and in the unlikely event of you needing a rest it can be used as a stool to sit on :)

Think I’ll be ordering one too ticket permitting and sun gods working their magic ? 

3 hours ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Easily carryable (light for their size as they are bone dry larch or spruce) and in the unlikely event of you needing a rest it can be used as a stool to sit on :)

Given how mashed ppl can be at the stone circle, it's probably worth stating that this is not advised after you've lit it :D

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I’m looking to do a design for the back of my campervan which incorporates the stone circle and was hoping for a stencil/silhouette type image of the Glastonbury stone circle - a bit like the Stonhenge one below. Does anyone know if such a thing exists? Having trouble locating one through Google, although I did have a good read of Ivan Mcbeth’s website which was nice. image.png.80682bf3ab2717eae7129cefeb7a6962.png

• 2 years later...
2 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Just found this thread, what's the vibe at the Stone Circle these days? Is it still full of NOS users, or is it a bit more spiritual again?

I suppose Glasto Fest must have stamped out all the drug dealers/users by now.

No, I think it's still NOS city central

5 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Just found this thread, what's the vibe at the Stone Circle these days? Is it still full of NOS users, or is it a bit more spiritual again?

I suppose Glasto Fest must have stamped out all the drug dealers/users by now.

I went to chill there for a bit late afternoon Sunday last year and it was a nice relaxed vibe. Didn’t hear any balloons but there was someone was looking for pills that found them very quickly 

1 hour ago, mattrik3 said:

I went to chill there for a bit late afternoon Sunday last year and it was a nice relaxed vibe. Didn’t hear any balloons but there was someone was looking for pills that found them very quickly 

And frankly long may this continue. It wouldn't be the wrong circle if you couldn't score. 

4 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I've never got the spiritual side of the circle tbh. Wasn't it installed in 1992? Is there meant to be some kind of significance to something that used to be there before it?

yeah, 1992: https://guerillaarchaeology.com/festival-archaeologyarchaeology-of-festivals/monument-making-the-glastonbury-stone-circle/

though there were others on site earlier.

more info:

https://www.ivanmcbeth.com/stone_circles_i_built.html

I enjoy sitting and listening to people being amazed that they can 'feel the thousands of years of energy' from the 'ancient circle' that I've seen pics of being built with JCBs 🙂

edit: thats not to say that if it's still there in a few thousand years it won't feel differentt - I'm a keen dolemen/menhir/circle spotter and there is something interesting about standing in/on/under an arrangement of stones that people long dead built 4000+ years ago, and wondering why.

Edited by paulshane
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, paulshane said:

yeah, 1992: https://guerillaarchaeology.com/festival-archaeologyarchaeology-of-festivals/monument-making-the-glastonbury-stone-circle/

though there were others on site earlier.

more info:

https://www.ivanmcbeth.com/stone_circles_i_built.html

I enjoy sitting and listening to people being amazed that they can 'feel the thousands of years of energy' from the 'ancient circle' that I've seen pics of being built with JCBs 🙂

edit: thats not to say that if it's still there in a few thousand years it won't feel differentt - I'm a keen dolemen/menhir/circle spotter and there is something interesting about standing in/on/under an arrangement of stones that people long dead built 4000+ years ago, and wondering why.

Ahhh okay. The second link makes for a very interesting read. Is it right then that the modern circle that is there is actually called the Swan Stone Circle? I'm confused by the dates, or is that just how long it took Ivan McBeth to build the stone circle? 

Thanks for the insight!

8 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Ahhh okay. The second link makes for a very interesting read. Is it right then that the modern circle that is there is actually called the Swan Stone Circle? I'm confused by the dates, or is that just how long it took Ivan McBeth to build the stone circle? 

Thanks for the insight!

yeah, the 'proper' name is the Swan Stone Circle:

https://www.megalithic.co.uk/article.php?sid=45067