Football 19/20

thetime

Just now, The Nal said:

A decent looking unproven player who fans are expecting to be 86 era Maradona.

He has great stats in the Portuguese league, depends if he can transfer that to the english league.

United needed midfielder's and we have got one who can score and create.

Lamps seemed pretty annoyed in his presser yesterday. Feel for Giroud who clearly isn't going to play but hasn't been able to move. Mertens would have been a really good signing for us but now we're in a position where our challengers have strengthened and we haven't. A contract extension hasn't been agree for Willian whilst Giroud and Pedro will definitely leave at the end of the season so hopefully we'll make top four and be more efficient in the summer.

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

If the choice was Ighalo or King, I think man u have made the correct choice.

From a striker with 113 PL goals to either of those strikers is a joke.

55 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Crazily, Chelsea signed more players when they had their transfer ban than they did now their transfer ban is lifted.

Mad!

2 hours ago, jyoung said:

That said, United signing Ighalo is unreal all things considered.

When I first heard it rumoured, I thought it was such a strange link. And yet, here we are. But not exactly out of kilter as Manchester United have made some regularly confusing decisions in the transfer market.

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

Crazily, Chelsea signed more players when they had their transfer ban than they did now their transfer ban is lifted.

Makes you wonder why they went through the effort of getting the ban lifted.

Edited by charlierc

9 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

Does it annoy you Liverpool playing the kids. As a lower league fan I would much  rather see the top players even if it means less chance of a shock.

A little bit, it's basically a LDV game, but then again I would never get to see a sold out anfield for 15 quid usually. Annoys me more that Klopp is missing it. Used to higher prem teams having zero respect for the nuisance of lower league teams though. 

43 minutes ago, pryce said:

Used to higher prem teams having zero respect for the nuisance of lower league teams though. 

I'm not really sure what I think of Liverpools decision but I don't see it as a lack of respect. It's not as tho they're playing the kids with the idea of "Shrewsbury are so shit even our kids should beat them".

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'm not really sure what I think of Liverpools decision but I don't see it as a lack of respect. It's not as tho they're playing the kids with the idea of "Shrewsbury are so shit even our kids should beat them".

Nah I don't think that, it's more the point of them trying to get rid of replays, when alot of clubs futures depends on them... (obviously a terrible way to run a football club) 

48 minutes ago, pryce said:

Nah I don't think that, it's more the point of them trying to get rid of replays, when alot of clubs futures depends on them... (obviously a terrible way to run a football club) 

I don't think it's that, either. I'm of the opinion it's as Klopp says, that the break had been scheduled with the players so he's following through on it, and that his objection is about scheduling a match during what had been defined as a break.

It might of course help bring about the end of replays, but I don't think that's anything of the reason for why Klopp is doing what he's doing.

And anyway, it's a fantastic chance for Shrewsbury to get through to the next round, where (if it happens) they'll get a further pay-day. 

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

And anyway, it's a fantastic chance for Shrewsbury to get through to the next round, where (if it happens) they'll get a further pay-day. 

I'm not sure fans think like that. You want to see your team tested against the superstars you see on TV, not against some prospects who may be good in the future.