Jump to content
Maxthewoodman

5g concerns.

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, stuie said:

At last, someone with a qualification that entitles them to call bullshit, rather than the rest of us who still call bullshit but can't substantiate it!

Out of upvotes.

Don't get me wrong I'm not a professor on the subject but simple knowledge of the frequencies and the power involved will tell you all you need to know. When I was at Uni 20 years ago I think the white papers for 4G were just sufficing and there were similar scare articles in a few of the tabloids (it might have been 3G) as people naturally looked the frequency and realised it was the same as your microwave. Somehow having a phone to your ear back then transmitting about 1w was going to have the same effect as sticking your head in a 750w microwave. 

I'd argue the traffic pollution of getting in and out of the festival will do more damage to your health than any phone mast. 

You could also say the effects of the EMF from the pylons is more dangerous too if we really want to go all OMG EVERYTHING IS GOING TO KILL US. 

Edited by tumbles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that this whole issue is an interesting parable for our times. At first it amused  me that every Glastonbury Facebook post was followed by dribble about 5G. After a while I started to worry. “ Where do these people come from?”, “what do they do all day?” “Are they even real?” If not...”who cares enough about 5G to buy a bot army?” 

It will be fine. Exposure to Tories is more dangerous than 5G 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Maxthewoodman said:

Sadly this is where the misinformation spreads. As I say Im on the fence with it all, but had been told it wasn't 'live' until July, and Glasto was a trial venue.

For what its worth, Im actually trading at the festival and have had two members of staff pull out this morning after attending 5G talks. 

30th May.

And I forgot Belfast, so 6 cities.

Are the people who aren't working for you going to stay home in London instead? lol

https://news.sky.com/story/uks-first-5g-service-launches-in-six-cities-11731337

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sadimmock said:

I think that this whole issue is an interesting parable for our times. At first it amused  me that every Glastonbury Facebook post was followed by dribble about 5G. After a while I started to worry. “ Where do these people come from?”, “what do they do all day?” “Are they even real?” If not...”who cares enough about 5G to buy a bot army?” 

It will be fine. Exposure to Tories is more dangerous than 5G 

It's the price we pay for the internet.  Some days it doesn't seem worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I caught a bit of an article on the news about Glastonbury (the town ) banning 5g ... not sure how it applies to the festival though 

Bless 'em.  They don't need 5G when they can communicate using crystals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5G responses. There will be enormous traffic jams on the way to the festival and it will take days for the journey as every car will have a man walking in front waving a red flag. Motor vehicle responses.

Edited by Gedh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Maxthewoodman said:

Sadly this is where the misinformation spreads. As I say Im on the fence with it all, but had been told it wasn't 'live' until July, and Glasto was a trial venue.

For what its worth, Im actually trading at the festival and have had two members of staff pull out this morning after attending 5G talks. 

your staff are idiots.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I caught a bit of an article on the news about Glastonbury (the town ) banning 5g ... not sure how it applies to the festival though 

it doesn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, eFestivals said:

it doesn't.

:) only caught a bit of it ... did think the festival was mentioned though ... not bothered by it so wasn't listening 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, tumbles said:

I'd argue the traffic pollution of getting in and out of the festival will do more damage to your health than any phone mast. 

true dat!

There was a recent report done on festies which said the air quality at a country festival was worse than a normal city centre, due to the number of diesel generators.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, tumbles said:

Don't get me wrong I'm not a professor on the subject but simple knowledge of the frequencies and the power involved will tell you all you need to know. When I was at Uni 20 years ago I think the white papers for 4G were just sufficing and there were similar scare articles in a few of the tabloids (it might have been 3G) as people naturally looked the frequency and realised it was the same as your microwave. Somehow having a phone to your ear back then transmitting about 1w was going to have the same effect as sticking your head in a 750w microwave. 

I'd argue the traffic pollution of getting in and out of the festival will do more damage to your health than any phone mast. 

You could also say the effects of the EMF from the pylons is more dangerous too if we really want to go all OMG EVERYTHING IS GOING TO KILL US. 

remember back (20+ years) when they said the first mobile phones could give you brain cancer?

There's been a rise in brain cancers since then.

But there's also been a rise in arse cancers, and I don't think many peeps are using their arse for their phone even if plenty of people talk out of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, stuie said:

30th May.

And I forgot Belfast, so 6 cities.

Are the people who aren't working for you going to stay home in London instead? lol

https://news.sky.com/story/uks-first-5g-service-launches-in-six-cities-11731337

 

Sigh. Yes, thank you for that info, and we live in Exeter,  staff from surrounding villages. No idea why my location is set for London. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

remember back (20+ years) when they said the first mobile phones could give you brain cancer?

There's been a rise in brain cancers since then.

But there's also been a rise in arse cancers, and I don't think many peeps are using their arse for their phone even if plenty of people talk out of it.

Just like Chernobyl related deaths, its difficult to prove how and why the rises come. Could be natural, could be from processed food, could be from climate change, could be the amount of cider I've consumed in fields in Somerset.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

perhaps the deaths will drop now as people seem to have this obsession with FaceTime type conversations and texting ... do many people hold proper conversations on them these days !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, crazyfool1 said:

perhaps the deaths will drop now as people seem to have this obsession with FaceTime type conversations and texting ... do many people hold proper conversations on them these days !!

Funny story - week before last had to go up to Aberdeen on business. Went on the overnight sleeper train from Euston.  They have a terrific old style lounge bar with seats/tables. As the train was moving around 80mph the phone signal was crap. You know what, people put them away and started chatting, socialising and making new friends.  It was one of the best evenings I'd had in years chatting to people about what they do, families, life in general.  I'm all for a festival that has a complete blanket ban on internet services, hell phones completely. Let people socialise, let people watch bands rather than video them.  Lets go back to go forward ;)  

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tumbles said:

I'm all for a festival that has a complete blanket ban on internet services, hell phones completely.

i'd go to that! :) 

Very sadly, festivals get told they have to have good phone coverage or no dice on a licence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ghostdancer1 said:

so 5G-fear is going to be the new anti-vaccine thing for morons?

It certainly seems like it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tumbles said:

Funny story - week before last had to go up to Aberdeen on business. Went on the overnight sleeper train from Euston.  They have a terrific old style lounge bar with seats/tables. As the train was moving around 80mph the phone signal was crap. You know what, people put them away and started chatting, socialising and making new friends.  It was one of the best evenings I'd had in years chatting to people about what they do, families, life in general.  I'm all for a festival that has a complete blanket ban on internet services, hell phones completely. Let people socialise, let people watch bands rather than video them.  Lets go back to go forward ;)  

it is incredible if I go into the canteen at work on a break there are tables of people on mobile phones even married couples just not conversing .... A few years back I was on my mobile in the town centre crossing a road ... but I failed to see the ladder on the back of a car and bang .. walked into it .. I hit the deck ... sat afternoon peak shopping time .. people asked if i was ok ... but think my pride was hurting more than my head :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

so 5G-fear is going to be the new anti-vaccine thing for morons?

think of a conspiracy theory, and in today's world there's shit loads of buyers. ;) 

The thing that makes me laugh the most about the 5g stuff going around is the people saying there's been almost no research - when the truth is there's not many things which have had as much research as radio waves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This 5G thing seems to be exclusively believed by people who spend time on Facebook.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

think of a conspiracy theory, and in today's world there's shit loads of buyers. ;) 

The thing that makes me laugh the most about the 5g stuff going around is the people saying there's been almost no research - when the truth is there's not many things which have had as much research as radio waves.

...and also a lot of these wavebands are being reused. It's not as if things haven't been transmitted on them before!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...