Oh God... I'm the obsessive one, aren't I??

Heartbreaker

just been for a wander round town and it appeared everything I saw as I wandered around was Glastonbury related ... the Glastonbury church on my walk in ... that I never knew was the Glastonbury church .... the world cup steel oil drum bins ... the sat outside on the grass in lovely sunshine and then I wandered down to the live music and there was a live bangra band on ... as they were finishing up they announced they would be playing Glastonbury ... I think the stars are aligning nicely :) ...Think they said they were called RSVP :)

11 hours ago, terryaanderson said:

...and you can’t fight your corner because nobody else gets it. You look (and feel) like a weirdo. Last laugh goes to the hardcore fans when everybody is watching on telly saying ‘fuck, looks amazing doesn’t it?’

It's the people who say things along the lines of "why camp in a muddy field when you can watch it on TV" and GENUINELY BELIEVE IT that I despair of.

When I realised that, for the first time in years, I would be finishing school early enough to attend, I badgered my friends in an almost sinister fashion. They have all been on and off since 2011 when I last went so were not quite as excited as me. Unfortunately, almost all of them missed out on tickets, so now my wife has to listen to my obsession. She is not coming. The school calendar for 2020 just came out and I can go again. I think she'll divorce me. 

Oh my god i'm insanely obsessed. Glastonbury is literally my favourite place ever i think. So happy, so fun, so free! Will never be bored talking about it myself but i feel like i bore others when banging on about it so much ?

I decided to go to Glastonbury when I saw Neil Young and Springsteen on the telly in 2009, knowing my son was there, and my wife said "Why don't you go for your 50th with the kids?". So off I trotted in 2010 with kids, their partners and friends and had the time of my life and found out that the headliners were almost an irrelevance. My best times were all off the main stages and i found my love of whimsy and the absurd exactly chimed with Mik Artistik, Bramble FM, theatre walkabouts, summer stage etc. 

Sometimes I think my wife regrets her words but I love to shed my suit and IT shite for a week and feel like a an appropriately shaped wooden block in it's hole. I'm on the main ramp up now and am bringing the various caches of goods into one vast pile, as I bring along stuff for my daughter and partner, and my lovely wife just chuckles and leaves me be. A dragon on it's hoard ?

• Upvote 1

I'm glad I'm not the only one.  I've organised all the ticket buying for all 17 of us. Even registered everyone with photos I swiped from their facebook. All have been paid on my credit card for them to pay me back. A lot don't realise how much work and organising went into it (minus the 4 that came into the office with me on sale days). So feel a bit disheartened when I'm sending info on the whatsapp group to have no replies/be ignored.

I have decided to take a step back now and just leave them to it. My hubby says I'm moddy codling them ?

1 hour ago, Hotchilidog said:

Sadly that video has been taken down :( A delivery driver dropping off some bags to the site. It was a lovely little video but probably revealed too much. 

I stopped short of sending that video to my mates coming with me :P Just too sad and obsessive. I'll keep that as my own private sadness.

3 hours ago, CeriG said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one.  I've organised all the ticket buying for all 17 of us. Even registered everyone with photos I swiped from their facebook. All have been paid on my credit card for them to pay me back. A lot don't realise how much work and organising went into it (minus the 4 that came into the office with me on sale days). So feel a bit disheartened when I'm sending info on the whatsapp group to have no replies/be ignored.

I have decided to take a step back now and just leave them to it. My hubby says I'm moddy codling them ?

did you get in to buy all 17?

8 hours ago, CeriG said:

You're a better person that me. My brother has expressed interest to go the last 3 years, and is disappointed every year when he forgets to register. Every year I remind him to register and he doesnt, but I think that's the bare minimum requirement for me to help someone get tickets ?

4 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

You're a better person that me. My brother has expressed interest to go the last 3 years, and is disappointed every year when he forgets to register. Every year I remind him to register and he doesnt, but I think that's the bare minimum requirement for me to help someone get tickets ?

I’m such a Mum ?